• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Unsportsmanlike Conduct

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm talking about Sammy refusing to take a pay cut so they traded him. His greediness got him a plane ticket to Philly! :pound:....Thoughts??

You say that like it was a bad thing for him to get away from this organization? He's only gotten better and made MORE money.

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, same rules apply as "The Master Vent Thread" except this is the only place on the Rams boards Sam Bradford shall be discussed.

If you don't want to be involved, don't post here.

14 months and 91 pages later...

Not to mention its going on year 3 without Bradford.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colt's not a starter and is no where close to Bradfords skill level. Even in hindsight 7 years later Colt is your best answer?

Out of that draft, Colt AND Suh. Colt has been passable when used as a starter, and as a 3rd round pick, would've allowed the Rams to move on much sooner than they could from Bradford.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Out of that draft, Colt AND Suh. Colt has been passable when used as a starter, and as a 3rd round pick, would've allowed the Rams to move on much sooner than they could from Bradford.

Dude that's hindsight! No team would have passed on the highest rated QB drafting #1 when they desperately needed a QB. Even if they liked Colt there is no way they knew he would be there in the 2nd or 3rd rd. And he went in the 3rd so many teams passed on him which means not to many thought he was a franchise type QB. And REMEMBER Suh most likely would be GONE by now. He would have bolted from this team faster like he did on a pretty good team in Detroit. How many games do we win in 2010 if Colt was the QB? I say 2-3 at best. We won 7 with Sam coming off a 1 win season. People were thinking we have something going. If we win 2-3 games people are FIRED. It changes everything. Bradford probably would have ended up in a better situation and had success. Then what would you guys be saying? I'll tell you. I can't believe we took a DT. Your hindsight would still have been a bad situation.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You say that like it was a bad thing for him to get away from this organization? He's only gotten better and made MORE money.

Do you want a perfect example of how Sammy is greedy?

I love it how you mentioned Kurt Warner in your earlier post! Pretty ironic that Kurt and Sam were in a similar situation. Philly drafted Wentz while Bradford was there and Arizona drafted Matt Leinart while Kurt was there. Do you remember the aftermath?? Let me refresh your memory! When Wentz was drafted, Sammy instantly held out and demanded a trade! :nod: This was shortly after he received an $11 million signing bonus. :nod: Somewhat puzzling as to why a Sam didn't accept the competition and prove that he can win the job! :scratch: and oh yah, Sammy didn't want to return the bonus $$!

Kurt on the other hand welcomes Matt Leinart and eventually went on to prove that he was the better QB! Enough said!

Last edited:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude that's hindsight! No team would have passed on the highest rated QB drafting #1 when they desperately needed a QB. Even if they liked Colt there is no way they knew he would be there in the 2nd or 3rd rd. And he went in the 3rd so many teams passed on him which means not to many thought he was a franchise type QB. And REMEMBER Suh most likely would be GONE by now. He would have bolted from this team faster like he did on a pretty good team in Detroit. How many games do we win in 2010 if Colt was the QB? I say 2-3 at best. We won 7 with Sam coming off a 1 win season. People were thinking we have something going. If we win 2-3 games people are FIRED. It changes everything. Bradford probably would have ended up in a better situation and had success. Then what would you guys be saying? I'll tell you. I can't believe we took a DT. Your hindsight would still have been a bad situation.

Many of us here wanted Suh, so obviously we would've passed on him lol. Suh leaving is also hindsight, correct? He bolted for more money, as the Lions couldn't handle him (in terms of his dirty play) and let him go.

Colt is not a franchise QB, but clearly nobody was in that class. Bradford being better means little if teams are always going to look to ultimately replace him.

As far as coaches getting fired, they got fired after the 2 win 2011 season anyway, bringing in Fisher. Your boy didn't save the staff that drafted him whatsoever.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Many of us here wanted Suh, so obviously we would've passed on him lol. Suh leaving is also hindsight, correct? He bolted for more money, as the Lions couldn't handle him (in terms of his dirty play) and let him go.

Colt is not a franchise QB, but clearly nobody was in that class. Bradford being better means little if teams are always going to look to ultimately replace him.

As far as coaches getting fired, they got fired after the 2 win 2011 season anyway, bringing in Fisher. Your boy didn't save the staff that drafted him whatsoever.

No way the Rams would have been able to afford Suh. Hell they didn't pay Jenkins.
Umm maybe because they traded him away is what led to their firing. As Sam showed promise in that he is a very capable QB in Philly and Minn. Which left us on a desperate search for a QB and move up in the draft. Yes we traded Bradford away a couple years ago but we are still feeling the aftereffect

Last edited:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way the Rams would have been able to afford Suh. Hell they didn't pay Jenkins.
Umm maybe because they traded him away is what led to their firing. As Sam showed promise in that he is a very capable QB in Philly and Minn. Which left us on a desperate search for a QB and move up in the draft. Yes we traded Bradford away a couple years ago but we are still feeling the aftereffect

If the Rams couldn't afford Suh's contract, might as well wave goodbye to Donald. I'm guessing they find the cap space. You can't possibly be equating Suh and Jenkins.

You're missing the point about the firings. I'm talking about the house-cleaning after Bradford's AWOL second season which brought IN the Fisher regime, not the flush of the Fisher regime last year.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Rams couldn't afford Suh's contract, might as well wave goodbye to Donald. I'm guessing they find the cap space. You can't possibly be equating Suh and Jenkins.

You're missing the point about the firings. I'm talking about the house-cleaning after Bradford's AWOL second season which brought IN the Fisher regime, not the flush of the Fisher regime last year.

I just said Jenkins because Suh contract was a lot more money and they didn't want to pay Jenkins. Suh is obviously a better player than Jenkins but cornerback is a more important position. It's going to be very interesting on what they do with Donald. Stan's going to have to give him probably an NFL record of guaranteed money upfront to get him under the cap. And you know he won't like to do that. But with the new stadium opening up he'll be forced too.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just said Jenkins because Suh contract was a lot more money and they didn't want to pay Jenkins. Suh is obviously a better player than Jenkins but cornerback is a more important position. It's going to be very interesting on what they do with Donald. Stan's going to have to give him probably an NFL record of guaranteed money upfront to get him under the cap. And you know he won't like to do that. But with the new stadium opening up he'll be forced too.

It has nothing to do with the stadium. You don't let arguably the best defensive player in the league walk coming off of his rookie contract.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coug is like Tom Hanks in Castaway.

All alone on his very own island.

Difference was, Hanks was trying to get off his island. Coug has set up permanent residence.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see the point in locking the thread either, as long as the discussion is kept here (we need to be better about this). It's easy enough to avoid this thread if you don't want to participate.

I love a good discussion. But the same discussion over and over is bit more like beating dead horses.

Imagine if you saw a guy out somewhere and he was beating a dead horse. WWYD

:lol:

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see the Rams placing the franchise tag on Donald for a couple years in a roll. Especially since they're doing it to Johnson.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coug is like Tom Hanks in Castaway.

All alone on his very own island.

Difference was, Hanks was trying to get off his island. Coug has set up permanent residence.

Hey "Wilson" does make footballs :pound:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love a good discussion. But the same discussion over and over is bit more like beating dead horses.

I'd wonder why IKEA was tenderizing their meat in public?

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You mean like this?
Beating-a-dead-horse.gif~c200

or this?
raw

Or this?
giphy.gif

Or this?
Cutest-Beating-Dead-Horse-GIF.gif

:nod: :D :suds:

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you want a perfect example of how Sammy is greedy?

I love it how you mentioned Kurt Warner in your earlier post! Pretty ironic that Kurt and Sam were in a similar situation. Philly drafted Wentz while Bradford was there and Arizona drafted Matt Leinart while Kurt was there. Do you remember the aftermath?? Let me refresh your memory! When Wentz was drafted, Sammy instantly held out and demanded a trade! :nod: This was shortly after he received an $11 million signing bonus. :nod: Somewhat puzzling as to why a Sam didn't accept the competition and prove that he can win the job! :scratch: and oh yah, Sammy didn't want to return the bonus $$!

Kurt on the other hand welcomes Matt Leinart and eventually went on to prove that he was the better QB! Enough said!

That's far from a perfect example. there's a lot of different circumstances. Warner just came from the Giants where he wasn't good. Second he was 33 years old and at the time seem to be towards the end of his career when they drafted Matt. they drafted Matt with the 10th pick in the draft. the major differences Philadelphia moved up and gave up a ton of picks to get Wentz. when you give up that much to go up to get a quarterback the writing is on the wall what the organization wants to do Sam wasn't afraid of competing with him but Wentz was going to be the starter in 2017 no matter what so you can't blame Sam for wanting out. Philadelphia was going to start Sam last year and let Wentz sit a year. the only reason why Sams in Minnesota is because Teddy got hurt. The Eagles saw how good Wentz was in training camp and practice and knew he was farther along so why not get a first round pick for Sam and start Wentz. It was a win for the Eagles and the Vikes.

Leinart was a bust so of course Kurt beat him out.

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warner's pinkie also healed and he beat Leinart out so...