• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Unsportsmanlike Conduct

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually mentioned that in an earlier post how Wentz has barely played so far. However, I find it hard to believe that Philly is going to "tank" the season when they don't have their first round pick. So them losing will benefit the Browns? Doesn't make sense. Obviously, the Eagles had felt like they had seen enough to be comfortable with him as the #1 going into game one. They also have Chase Daniel, there's NO reason to "rush" Wentz, but they must feel he's ready to go...

Well, they decided to be below mediocre instead of mediocre to get that 1st rounder for Bradford.

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually mentioned that in an earlier post how Wentz has barely played so far. However, I find it hard to believe that Philly is going to "tank" the season when they don't have their first round pick. So them losing will benefit the Browns? Doesn't make sense. Obviously, the Eagles had felt like they had seen enough to be comfortable with him as the #1 going into game one. They also have Chase Daniel, there's NO reason to "rush" Wentz, but they must feel he's ready to go...

That's fair, but it could be Pederson believes in trial by fire. I'm ok with that strategy as long as the OL is good or great. I'm not sure how the Eagles o-line looks this year.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's fair, but it could be Pederson believes in trial by fire. I'm ok with that strategy as long as the OL is good or great. I'm not sure how the Eagles o-line looks this year.

Pederson is a former NFL QB, I don't believe for a SECOND that he would do anything detrimental to the guy he has basically hitched his wagon to as a rookie HC...If he thought Wentz was going to be crushed, wouldn't he put Chase in there and let Carson learn by watching him get crushed? Again Pederson is a former QB who knows what it's like to face the NFL grind, he would NOT risk his future like this unless he thought it was doable...

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems strange for Pederson to believe in trial by fire when he was the guy bridging to McNabb when they didn't start Donovan right away.

If anything, this makes the money thrown at Daniel look like an overpay at best.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems strange for Pederson to believe in trial by fire when he was the guy bridging to McNabb when they didn't start Donovan right away.

If anything, this makes the money thrown at Daniel look like an overpay at best.

Amen!!! :nod:

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of former Rams, ol' James Laurinaitis is up to his old ways of getting blocked in the second level and allowing a huge td run.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carson Wentz had a huge day against the Browns and looked pretty impressive diminishing any memories of Sammie in short order.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seems the Eagles saw something in Wentz they liked obviously and could trade Bradford to get some picks back (obviously). To trade Bradford and have Wentz start over Chase would mean he might just be better than both of them?

The kid is mobile and tough. Pretty smart too. Sure it's 1 game but it's a pretty good first NFL start.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems the Eagles saw something in Wentz they liked obviously and could trade Bradford to get some picks back (obviously). To trade Bradford and have Wentz start over Chase would mean he might just be better than both of them?

The kid is mobile and tough. Pretty smart too. Sure it's 1 game but it's a pretty good first NFL start.

Some day he'll have to play an actual NFL team, but week 1 it's the Browns and week 2 is the Bears. Nice schedule to ramp up a rookie QB. Rams could do that with the 49ers, but then it's right into the fire against Seattle.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Long looked good and healthy last night with New England, even getting a sack.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some day he'll have to play an actual NFL team, but week 1 it's the Browns and week 2 is the Bears. Nice schedule to ramp up a rookie QB. Rams could do that with the 49ers, but then it's right into the fire against Seattle.

As bad as Cleveland was last year, they are still an NFL team and light years ahead of what Wentz saw at D2. Playing only 1 preseason game and coming off a rib injury with hardly any PT with NFL experience??

You know how he's going to do against great NFL defenses... But just the fact that he can adapt from D2 and no training camp to that on week 1..?

Is it Wentz's fault he doesn't have the Rams schedule? Hell even MORE reason not to trade up for a QB that's not even good enough to be a 2nd stringer.

So what he beat a bad Browns team at the bottom of the NFL? What's it say if the Rams lose to San Fran who's at the bottom too with Goff as a 3rd stringer? Tells me we still suck and are in rebuilding mode... Only we don't have any fucking picks.

:idea:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As bad as Cleveland was last year, they are still an NFL team and light years ahead of what Wentz saw at D2. Playing only 1 preseason game and coming off a rib injury with hardly any PT with NFL experience??

You know how he's going to do against great NFL defenses... But just the fact that he can adapt from D2 and no training camp to that on week 1..?

Is it Wentz's fault he doesn't have the Rams schedule? Hell even MORE reason not to trade up for a QB that's not even good enough to be a 2nd stringer.

So what he beat a bad Browns team at the bottom of the NFL? What's it say if the Rams lose to San Fran who's at the bottom too with Goff as a 3rd stringer? Tells me we still suck and are in rebuilding mode... Only we don't have any fucking picks.

:idea:

The Browns suck, Wentz played a solid game against them. Sure, it was impressive given his lack of preparation, and in previous posts I noted that I was surprised that Pederson went with Wentz over the guy he brought with him from KC.

If you want to track back far enough, I favored Wentz over Goff in the draft as well. I thought he would be ready quicker due to the system his school ran and I like his moxie. He's definitely a gamer. That said, Goff has the better NFL arm and pocket awareness and will be the starter at some point this year. I think he's also a valid franchise QB prospect, just wouldn't have been my 1st choice.

If the Rams lose to SF tonight, it has nothing to do with Goff. All along the story has been that he would need time to adjust to the NFL, it doesn't change just because some writers have sudden amnesia.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Long looked good and healthy last night with New England, even getting a sack.

He sure did, looked damn good...But somehow we didn't have room for him on our roster even at a reduced rate :L

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Browns suck, Wentz played a solid game against them. Sure, it was impressive given his lack of preparation, and in previous posts I noted that I was surprised that Pederson went with Wentz over the guy he brought with him from KC.

If you want to track back far enough, I favored Wentz over Goff in the draft as well. I thought he would be ready quicker due to the system his school ran and I like his moxie. He's definitely a gamer. That said, Goff has the better NFL arm and pocket awareness and will be the starter at some point this year. I think he's also a valid franchise QB prospect, just wouldn't have been my 1st choice.

If the Rams lose to SF tonight, it has nothing to do with Goff. All along the story has been that he would need time to adjust to the NFL, it doesn't change just because some writers have sudden amnesia.

Of course it has nothing to do with Goff if we lose - the guy isn't even active. But it shows you that if we can't beat a shitty team like San Fran, we are still in rebuilding mode and without alot of picks.

I honestly don't think Goff will surpass Mannion this year as far as being ready to play. Now that doesn't mean our FO doesn't throw him in the mix ahead of Mannion, but i think Mannion would be a better option at any point this year over Goff.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course it has nothing to do with Goff if we lose - the guy isn't even active. But it shows you that if we can't beat a shitty team like San Fran, we are still in rebuilding mode and without alot of picks.

I honestly don't think Goff will surpass Mannion this year as far as being ready to play. Now that doesn't mean our FO doesn't throw him in the mix ahead of Mannion, but i think Mannion would be a better option at any point this year over Goff.

It's tough to judge exactly where Mannion is at development-wise. He's only played against 3rd and 4th teamers really.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's tough to judge exactly where Mannion is at development-wise. He's only played against 3rd and 4th teamers really.

I think he's ready and could do a good job of managing the game. Which is all we really need a QB to do. :L Unless of course our D isn't all that and we HAVE to score more points. If our secondary gets torched, we are in trouble.

:L:L

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he's ready and could do a good job of managing the game. Which is all we really need a QB to do. :L Unless of course our D isn't all that and we HAVE to score more points. If our secondary gets torched, we are in trouble.

Exactly!!!...Everyone keeps talking about how Keenum is nothing but a "game manager" which is fine...But couldn't Mannion also go in there and fit that role? If the answer is no, why the hell not?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed. A lot of questions to be answered, hopefully we like the results tonight.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No questions were answered last night. Just more questions asked. WE are in deep kimche for this year.

...and Fisher is already doubling-down on Keenum. What an embarrassing performance.