• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Unsportsmanlike Conduct

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coug, PFF is a "guide" it's not the gospel, it takes in certain situations, but you can't say this guy or that guy is the worst based on PFF. Guys have bad games, even good players. Do they take into consideration that some defensive lineman just had a really great day, maybe everything went his way, or a Olineman just had a really bad day. Maybe there were more plays ran that guys way, so it looked worse than a handful of plays on the opposite side of the line. Maybe it looked worse because some other guy missed his assignment, maybe a guy supposedly missed a block that wasn't really even is guy? There's a ton of factors that PFF doesn't look at, that's why it's a guide, that's why teams don't rely on their grades, that's why teams grade their own players because they actually know what they were or weren't suppose to do!

As far as Sammie, ya he had a decent to good year, nothing special!, unlike you I think if Teddy was there he could have gotten them to 7-8 also.

As far as it being hard, I think most veteran QB's can come in and dink and dunk and throw the occasional deep ball, so no I don't think it was that great a deal for him to overcome. You always act like no one can do the things he does, he's unbelievable

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is a break down of Sams nothing special season Smed.

He finished 5th in Completions.

He set the NFL record for Completion %. 71.6%

He finished 16th in total Yards 3877 playing in 15 games.

He finished 19th in YDS/A. 7.02. Derek Carr finished 18th 7.03

He finished 6th in TD/ INT Ratio. 20/5

He finished 6th in QB rating. 99.3.

Not to bad seeing he was traded to them a week before the season and had one of the worst Olines and the worst running attack in the NFL.

Most people had Derek Carr an MVP candidate before he got hurt. Oakland has an absolute beast of an Oline. The numbers are almost identical.

Com AtT %. Yds. YDS/A. TD INT. QBR. Y/G
14 Derek Carr, QB OAK 357 560 63.8 3,937 7.03 28 6 96.7 262
15 Sam Bradford, QB MIN. 395 552 71.6 3,877 7.02 20 5 99.3 258

lol Only you would BS my Stat post. Like I'm making them up or something :pound:

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coug, PFF is a "guide" it's not the gospel, it takes in certain situations, but you can't say this guy or that guy is the worst based on PFF. Guys have bad games, even good players. Do they take into consideration that some defensive lineman just had a really great day, maybe everything went his way, or a Olineman just had a really bad day. Maybe there were more plays ran that guys way, so it looked worse than a handful of plays on the opposite side of the line. Maybe it looked worse because some other guy missed his assignment, maybe a guy supposedly missed a block that wasn't really even is guy? There's a ton of factors that PFF doesn't look at, that's why it's a guide, that's why teams don't rely on their grades, that's why teams grade their own players because they actually know what they were or weren't suppose to do!

As far as Sammie, ya he had a decent to good year, nothing special!, unlike you I think if Teddy was there he could have gotten them to 7-8 also.

As far as it being hard, I think most veteran QB's can come in and dink and dunk and throw the occasional deep ball, so no I don't think it was that great a deal for him to overcome. You always act like no one can do the things he does, he's unbelievable

I Highly doubt it. Teddy's #'s last year were not as good as Sams and he had the benefit of the best Running in the NFL. Sam had the worst.

SDPaddlefish

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,390.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PMFJI, but I came across this at FootballPerspective.com:

Sam Bradford Shows Us How Far Completion Percentage Has Fallen

"And that brings us to today. Sam Bradford currently is completing 71.6% of his passes this year, but he ranks just 19th in ANY/A (Average Net Yards/Attempt). The Vikings are 6-7, but in a change of form, the completion percentage leader is what’s dragging his team down. Minnesota’s defense has been great, but the team ranks just 25th in points (thanks to six non-offensive touchdowns) and 31st in yards.

Despite missing one game, Bradford has completed 20+ passes and 70+ percent of his passes in 10 games this season; that is already tied with Brees 2011 for the record, and the odds are Bradford adds at least one more game to that total. And Bradford has already lost five such games with those marks, also tied for the record.

Assuming Bradford wins the completion percentage crown this season — no guarantee, as Brees is at 71.7% — it would bring back memories of David Carr winning the crown in 2006 with a 68.3% rate. That year, Houston finished 24th in ANY/A, and Carr won the title because he was throwing super short passes (the Texans finished a distant last in yards per completion). Bradford’s Vikings are battling those same Texans for 32nd place in yards per completion this year, too, but if Bradford winds up breaking Brees’ record, it will show just how far completion percentage has fallen."

Personally, I kind of like Bradford, but I think that he very much deserves the moniker of "Captain Checkdown".

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I Highly doubt it. Teddy's #'s last year were not as good as Sams and he had the benefit of the best Running in the NFL. Sam had the worst.

Will you cut the crap already??? We just finished up a crappy year and you're on the RAMS board arguing about Vikings stats and Vikings players??? The hell is wrong with you???

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PMFJI, but I came across this at FootballPerspective.com:

Sam Bradford Shows Us How Far Completion Percentage Has Fallen

"And that brings us to today. Sam Bradford currently is completing 71.6% of his passes this year, but he ranks just 19th in ANY/A (Average Net Yards/Attempt). The Vikings are 6-7, but in a change of form, the completion percentage leader is what’s dragging his team down. Minnesota’s defense has been great, but the team ranks just 25th in points (thanks to six non-offensive touchdowns) and 31st in yards.

Despite missing one game, Bradford has completed 20+ passes and 70+ percent of his passes in 10 games this season; that is already tied with Brees 2011 for the record, and the odds are Bradford adds at least one more game to that total. And Bradford has already lost five such games with those marks, also tied for the record.

Assuming Bradford wins the completion percentage crown this season — no guarantee, as Brees is at 71.7% — it would bring back memories of David Carr winning the crown in 2006 with a 68.3% rate. That year, Houston finished 24th in ANY/A, and Carr won the title because he was throwing super short passes (the Texans finished a distant last in yards per completion). Bradford’s Vikings are battling those same Texans for 32nd place in yards per completion this year, too, but if Bradford winds up breaking Brees’ record, it will show just how far completion percentage has fallen."

Personally, I kind of like Bradford, but I think that he very much deserves the moniker of "Captain Checkdown".

19th isn't to bad. Looks like their are two teams the Giants and Texans are worse and they made the playoffs. I say if your Oline sucks and you can't run the ball a 5 yard pass is just as good as a run. You really don't have a choice when you have very little time. And I still say it's not as easy as most think because the record would be broken a lot. As a Rams fan I wish we could complete short passes?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is a break down of Sams nothing special season Smed.

He finished 5th in Completions.

He set the NFL record for Completion %. 71.6%

He finished 16th in total Yards 3877 playing in 15 games.

He finished 19th in YDS/A. 7.02. Derek Carr finished 18th 7.03

He finished 6th in TD/ INT Ratio. 20/5

He finished 6th in QB rating. 99.3.

Not to bad seeing he was traded to them a week before the season and had one of the worst Olines and the worst running attack in the NFL.

Most people had Derek Carr an MVP candidate before he got hurt. Oakland has an absolute beast of an Oline. The numbers are almost identical.

Com AtT %. Yds. YDS/A. TD INT. QBR. Y/G
14 Derek Carr, QB OAK 357 560 63.8 3,937 7.03 28 6 96.7 262
15 Sam Bradford, QB MIN. 395 552 71.6 3,877 7.02 20 5 99.3 258

You forgot a few.

Despite one of the better defenses in the league supporting him, Bradford totaled 7 wins. In the last 6 games, he helped eliminate them from the playoff picture by only managing wins against the mighty Bears and Jags (and gave the Bears one of their 3 wins earlier in the season). Managed only 3 wins after their week 6 bye.

Finished 32nd in yards per completion at 10.5

Finished 23rd in TD% at 3.6%

Finished 35th in Air Yards per attempt at 3.61 (including all QBs that started multiple games)

Will cost $17M, a 1st round pick and a 4th round pick for the 2017 Vikings.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
19th isn't to bad. Looks like their are two teams the Giants and Texans are worse and they made the playoffs. I say if your Oline sucks and you can't run the ball a 5 yard pass is just as good as a run. You really don't have a choice when you have very little time. And I still say it's not as easy as most think because the record would be broken a lot. As a Rams fan I wish we could complete short passes?

The Texans made the playoffs by default. They allowed 49 more points than they scored this year. Someone from that division automatically qualifies.

If a 5 yard pass was as good as a run, wouldn't the Vikings have won more than 3 of their last 11?

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You forgot a few.

Despite one of the better defenses in the league supporting him, Bradford totaled 7 wins. In the last 6 games, he helped eliminate them from the playoff picture by only managing wins against the mighty Bears and Jags (and gave the Bears one of their 3 wins earlier in the season). Managed only 3 wins after their week 6 bye.

Finished 32nd in yards per completion at 10.5

Finished 23rd in TD% at 3.6%

Finished 35th in Air Yards per attempt at 3.61 (including all QBs that started multiple games)

Will cost $17M, a 1st round pick and a 4th round pick for the 2017 Vikings.

The Bears played a lot of close games. and Jay Cutler had a career day that day. And the Vikings defense got lit up couldn't stop the run. Howard rushed for 153 yds. The Bears put up 403 yards offense. They did nothing on D.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bears played a lot of close games. and Jay Cutler had a career day that day. And the Vikings defense got lit up couldn't stop the run. Howard rushed for 153 yds. The Bears put up 403 yards offense. They did nothing on D.

Yet that same horrible defense set Sammie up in Bear territory FOUR times this let game!

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol Only you would BS my Stat post. Like I'm making them up or something :pound:
No one said you were making them up Coug, although you do make up a lot of things!

Ya look at the stats you mention, yet you FAIL to mention those awesome stats resulted in SQUAT, most of them are a reflection of his ineffectiveness!

High completion rate is because of shit load of short passes.

Low interceptions, result of shit load of short passes

Yardage total, because he does nothing early then has to throw ball second half and always comes up short against soft defense
O
16th in yardage and 19th In yards per att, please that's middle of the pack and lower! Shouldn't these be higher if he is so great in the other stats you mention?

Forgot to mention near if not dead last in air yardage actually thrown by QB

Paddlefish in post 904 IS DEAD ON,

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Teddys numbers were pretty even with Sammies!

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teddys numbers were pretty even with Sammies!

Omg dude Teddy had the best running game in the NFL. His Oline I believe played the entire season together with no injuries. Do you really not see a difference?? Sam had the worst running game. Sam was put on the team a week before the season. The air yards are lower because he his making up for NO GROUND GAME. You can't be this dumb.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should be happy Smed PFF ranks Bradford 11th best QB in the league. So he's not even a top 10 quarterback. :dhd:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

...or on offense, losing 20-10.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...or on offense, losing 20-10.

I watched the game the score doesn't tell the story. 19 first downs for chi. 403 yard offense. 158 rushing yards. Chicago was 7/14 on 3rd down. does that sound like a dominating defense for the Vikes? Sam was sacked 5 times.

Last edited:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the game the score doesn't tell the story. 19 first downs for chi. 403 yard offense. 158 rushing yards. Chicago was 7/14 on 3rd down. does that sound like a dominating defense for the Vikes? Sam was sacked 5 times.

I meant that Sam's offense didn't do anything against a very vulnerable defense.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I meant that Sam's offense didn't do anything against a very vulnerable defense.

Well the problem is the Vikes OLINE is way more vulnerable. But the Bears came to play they got up for the game and kicked their ass. Just don't think you can put it all on Bradford.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the problem is the Vikes OLINE is way more vulnerable. But the Bears came to play they got up for the game and kicked their ass. Just don't think you can put it all on Bradford.

But you said he is the passing game and the running game, right? So it is all on Bradford, as is the post-bye tailspin the team took to miss the playoffs.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you said he is the passing game and the running game, right? So it is all on Bradford, as is the post-bye tailspin the team took to miss the playoffs.

Please find one article Shop that says Bradford is the reason the Vikes missed the playoffs. Its so funny the fact he had a good year just kills you guys.

Oh btw Zimmer said today he doesn't know the status of Teddy's Knee but Sam EARNED to be the starter next year. Does that sound like he lost games for the Vikes this year?

I realize it doesn't mean much things change but still he doesn't say that if he didn't have a good year.