• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Unsportsmanlike Conduct

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One huge difference to me, SB was the obvious choice at QB for No. 1 overall. Rams fans either wanted the QB Bradford or DE Suh.

That was not the same scenario for this last draft, it was either QB Goff or QB Wentz.

That to me is huge in comparing the 2010 draft scenarios to the 2016 draft scenarios.

I wanted Wentz, just because I saw him in his college performances as a 'gamer', and one of the intangibles that made the differencde, and didn't see that 'gamer' quality from Goff.

This was similar quality I saw from Eli going into the draft, something I so admired from Warner, and the reason I was never a Bulger fan.

I to preferred Wentz, I also preferred Lynch over Goff.

I haven't seen much from Goff, his out throws are horrific, seems to always throw them into the ground, its not a long throw? I think he needs to add some weight. But unlike some posters on here, I'm willing to give him next year to at least see if he shows improvement. I also didn't want Bradford, I preferred Suh, but I gave him a couple of years to prove himself, and he didn't?

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That makes three of us Vita. If we were doing all that draft pick gyrations, I wanted Wentz!

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's nothing like looking back at a draft armed with information and insight on how players and teams have developed since that point. In 2010 the debate at the top of the board centered on whether Bradford was worthy of the No. 1 overall pick despite barely playing his final season at Oklahoma due to injury. Although he exhibited qualities that convinced the overwhelming majority of scouts that he was worthy of being considered a franchise quarterback, the dominant performance of Ndamukong Suh put the St. Louis Rams in an awkward position of deciding between the best player available in the draft or the top quarterback in a weak class.

With every decision creating a domino effect on the draft board, I thought it would be fun to take a look back at the 2010 draft and see what could've transpired if the St. Louis Rams made a different decision at the top of the board. Here's how it shook out in my mind.

( Coug, take note of above, there was a "debate" whether he was worthy. He "exhibited" qualities. the top QB in a weak class. below take note where it says "he has certainly underwhelmed"

Ill give you we needed a QB, but a guy that threw a lot in a weak defensive conference and coming off of an injury in a weak class of Qb's was a reach, especially if you are going to pay him that much money? lots of people actually see what Sam Bradford is, you still see him as what he "could be"

» 2010 NFL Draft: All the picks
1. St. Louis Rams
Pick: Sam Bradford
Do-over: Ndamukong Suh
Comment: The Rams desperately needed a franchise quarterback in 2010, but Bradford has certainly underwhelmed team officials with his performance as a starter. Thus, the Rams' brass would likely nab the meanest and most disruptive defensive tackle in football in a do-over scenario

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's nothing like looking back at a draft armed with information and insight on how players and teams have developed since that point. In 2010 the debate at the top of the board centered on whether Bradford was worthy of the No. 1 overall pick despite barely playing his final season at Oklahoma due to injury. Although he exhibited qualities that convinced the overwhelming majority of scouts that he was worthy of being considered a franchise quarterback, the dominant performance of Ndamukong Suh put the St. Louis Rams in an awkward position of deciding between the best player available in the draft or the top quarterback in a weak class.

With every decision creating a domino effect on the draft board, I thought it would be fun to take a look back at the 2010 draft and see what could've transpired if the St. Louis Rams made a different decision at the top of the board. Here's how it shook out in my mind.

( Coug, take note of above, there was a "debate" whether he was worthy. He "exhibited" qualities. the top QB in a weak class. below take note where it says "he has certainly underwhelmed"

Ill give you we needed a QB, but a guy that threw a lot in a weak defensive conference and coming off of an injury in a weak class of Qb's was a reach, especially if you are going to pay him that much money? lots of people actually see what Sam Bradford is, you still see him as what he "could be"

» 2010 NFL Draft: All the picks
1. St. Louis Rams
Pick:
Sam Bradford
Do-over: Ndamukong Suh
Comment: The Rams desperately needed a franchise quarterback in 2010, but Bradford has certainly underwhelmed team officials with his performance as a starter. Thus, the Rams' brass would likely nab the meanest and most disruptive defensive tackle in football in a do-over scenario

No team that needs a QB is going to pick a DT at #1. QB's are hard to come by and is the most important position on the field seeing they touch the ball every play. Hell we have a better DT then Suh on the team now and we picked him at 11. The Rams still don't have a QB as good as Bradford.

Last edited:

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That makes three of us Vita. If we were doing all that draft pick gyrations, I wanted Wentz!

Wents is one tough SOB. Big time hunter. He bought each of his OLinemen a $2000 shotgun for Xmas.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No team that needs a QB is going to pick a DT at #1. QB's are hard to come by and is the most important position on the field seeing they touch the ball every play. Hell we have a better DT then Suh on the team now and we picked him at 11. The Rams still don't have a QB as good as Bradford.

We've had plenty of QB's that have done as much for us that Sammy did, we've won 4-7 games with and without Sammy!!!!

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've had plenty of QB's that have done as much for us that Sammy did, we've won 4-7 games with and without Sammy!!!!

But when Sam was here the entire team sucked. when sam was hurt the defense was built and became talented. I would have liked to see Sam here when he was healthy with Austin and Gurley and a solid D.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coug, I'm sure you would like to see Sammy still here, DUH!

Don't kid yourself, we wouldn't be any better if he was here!

By the way I do believe Minnesota has the No2 defense in the league, you know that D you have been ripping all year! The reason Minnesota sucks , because none of it is Sammys fault"

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

By the way I do believe Minnesota has the No2 defense in the league, you know that D you have been ripping all year! The reason Minnesota sucks , because none of it is Sammys fault"

The Vikes D is 8th giving up 19.8 points a game nothing spectacular. and its only that high because they had a good start. The last 3 games they have giving up an avg of 29 points. The Rams are giving up 23 to give you an idea. Please show me an article where they are blaming the collapse or bad season on Bradford?

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We wouldn't be any better off if he was here?? you're the one kiding yourself. We would have a QB and a lot more draft picks.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Vikes D is 8th giving up 19.8 points a game nothing spectacular. and its only that high because they had a good start. The last 3 games they have giving up an avg of 29 points. The Rams are giving up 23 to give you an idea. Please show me an article where they are blaming the collapse or bad season on Bradford?

Wrong again Coug, the NFL officially ranks defense by yards given up, so they are ranked 2nd!!!!!
Even if you base it on points, that's a top ten defense. if they average giving up less then 20 points, that means your boy can't put points on the board. But ya let's base their defense on the last 3 games of a 16 game season, what a Putz!

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We wouldn't be any better off if he was here?? you're the one kiding yourself. We would have a QB and a lot more draft picks.

If Sammy was still here this would definitely be his last season, 7 failed years playing for the Rams would be enough!!! Damn you just don't get it, 5 years of failure with him here was enough!
We are still behind the curve right now because we held on to him to long. So do tell me he would have taken us to the promised land this year and put up any better numbers than he did with the ? Your nuts if you think so!

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Facts:
1. Minnesota defense has played better then the Rams this year!

2. you say Vikes have worst oline in league, yet Ram QB's have been sacked more and there are 9 teams that have given up more sacks, including Cleveland which has given up 24 more than the Vikes?

3.You say Vikes have no running game, they average 3.1 yards per carry, yet Gurley averages 3.2 per carry

4. Diggs, Theilen, and Rudolph all are better than any receiver we have.

And now you are telling us that if Sammy was still here we would be ok? You need to cut back on whatever it is you're taking!
As others have said, you need to seek help! I'm a little concerned for you Coug, when Sammy hangs them up, you really aren't going to have much of a life, I guess you can get a job at the HOF dusting off Sammys dome, kind of like you do now!

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Facts:
1. Minnesota defense has played better then the Rams this year!

2. you say Vikes have worst oline in league, yet Ram QB's have been sacked more and there are 9 teams that have given up more sacks, including Cleveland which has given up 24 more than the Vikes?

3.You say Vikes have no running game, they average 3.1 yards per carry, yet Gurley averages 3.2 per carry

4. Diggs, Theilen, and Rudolph all are better than any receiver we have.

And now you are telling us that if Sammy was still here we would be ok? You need to cut back on whatever it is you're taking!
As others have said, you need to seek help! I'm a little concerned for you Coug, when Sammy hangs them up, you really aren't going to have much of a life, I guess you can get a job at the HOF dusting off Sammys dome, kind of like you do now!

You don't get the connection with getting rid of the ball quick verses taking a sack do you? Sam is very good at it.

lol you never heard of Theilen before this year and Diggs has been hurt most of the season.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't get the connection with getting rid of the ball quick verses taking a sack do you? Sam is very good at it.

You don't seem to get ANYTHING, ya Sammy is great at dumping the ball off, even when he does have time! Please enlighten me on what a great tight spiral he threw on that TD pass, that was close to a lateral, you know the one where McKinnon caught it 4 yards behind the line of scrimmage and took it to the house! I will admit that was pretty damn accurate!

But stick with your excuses for everything and your ridiculous comments, they are amusing, and you do keep us amused!

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lol you never heard of Theilen before this year and Diggs has been hurt most of the Season

And what does that have to do with anything? My God you are dense sometimes? So how does that change the fact that they are better than anything we have?
As far as not knowing who thielen is, again you are wrong like usual! I live in Iowa and follow the Vikes quite closely thank you, just because you don't have a clue about a lot of things doesn't mean the rest of us don't?

Bottomline you don't have a good comeback on any of those 4 points I made!

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C1GyYARVIAAL76m.jpg:large

Rich Campbell

✔@Rich_Campbell

Vikings Sam Bradford sets NFL single-season comp pct record: 71.6. Beat Drew Brees' 71.2. Remarkable considering OL injuries & late arrival

I Couldn't have said it better myself Rich.

Yes Coug, you are right, it was "remarkable" it was unbelievable, it was awe inspiring, little kids will be going out to play football tomorrow and they will all pretend they are Sammy Fricking Bradford! Brees has been over 70% 3 times, and guess what, HE THROWS THE BALL DOWNFIELD, his percentage is waaaaaaay more impressive!!!

Now I will give you Sammie had a pretty good game today, again nothing special. He also made a couple nice throws, as Ive said all QB's do, Ive seen Goff do it, again nothing special!
But I'm sure the VIkes won today because of Sammy, had nothing to do with the defense giving him the ballo 4 different times in Bear territory. Sammies best drive was the 94 yard drive that he couldn't finish, settled for FG!!
But please tell me how Sammy beat Matt Barkley, the QB you said was having a pretty good year,

But Congrats on the record Sammy, to bad you failed to have a winning record AGAIN!! But you are the Jeff Fisher of players, so why would anyone expect any more than your usual (at best) 7-8 year:trash:Ya that would be garbage!!

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Coug says the Vikes have the worst oline in the league, Ive watched both extensively, I call :bullshit: