• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Unsportsmanlike Conduct

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you have to be a great QB to make the playoff's? lol

What in THE HELL are you talking about??? I SAID "name a GREAT QB who has never made the playoffs in their career" You keep saying that Bradford is a GREAT QB, name another GREAT QB who has NEVER led their team to the playoffs...I'm waiting...

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dieter (F'n) Brock has been to the playoffs...Therefore, Dieter Brock>Sam Bradford

You're the joke its about the team around the QB. Good TEAMS make the playoff's. the Vikes don't have a running game or OL? Get it?

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats like saying Marino sucked because he didn't win a super bowl. Football is a team sport. The Vikes started 5-0. The collapse was for a simple reason and had nothing to do with Bradford. The injuries to the OL were to much over time and teams adjusted when they knew the Vikes could not run the ball. If they can finish 8-8 its pretty amazing considering they have no running game. Wins are not easy in this league just ask Goff.

It is almost laughable how you trot out the first statement in bold when it benefits your present argument and than when we hold your feet to the fire about Sammy losing another game and having another losing record with a third team, you trot out the second statement or: "This-loss-wasn't-Sammie's-fault,-he-had-such-great-stats-today,-it's-the-team-around-him-what-more-do-you-want-from-him" refrain.

The second bold is a confirmation of my point. First you state that football is a team game while excluding Sammy to highlight is miraculous stats, and then you refrain the team game theme and exclude him again stating the loss and the bad season are not his fault? Which is it Cougie?

I can understand why people on this thread give you facepalms and call you names Cougie. You live in the same fantasy world as Snisher!!! Now who is in denial?

Last edited:

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're the joke its about the team around the QB. Good TEAMS make the playoff's. the Vikes don't have a running game or OL? Get it?

LOL, so once again its the TEAM around Bradford and not his fault...Sounds SO familiar, like I've heard this BS a few times before... Funny how you are so damned fast to make excuses for Bradford but pile on Goff for any little thing...Wonder why that is...Could it be that you have an agenda??? :scratch: what a joke...

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is almost laughable how you trot out the statement in bold when it benefits your present argument and than when we hold your feet to the fire about Sammy losing another game and having another losing record with a third team, you trot out the: "This-loss-wasn't-Sammie's-fault,-he-had-such-great-stats-today,-what-more-do-you-want-from-him" refrain. I can understand why people on this thread give you facepalms and call you names Cougie. You live in the same fantasy world as Snisher!!! Now who is in denial?

If it were the Rams playing the Packers instead of the Vikes last weekend and Goff put up the same #'s as Bradford would you guys be putting the blame on Goff?? No you wouldn't. You would be like Goff played great to bad our D got torched and gave up 300 yds passing in the first half. We have no running game and the OL sucks. :nod:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you have been defending a wannabe QB for so long, you have lost any further credible argument Cougie.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it were the Rams playing the Packers instead of the Vikes last weekend and Goff put up the same #'s as Bradford would you guys be putting the blame on Goff?? No you wouldn't. You would be like Goff played great to bad our D got torched and gave up 300 yds passing in the first half. We have no running game and the OL sucks. :nod:

upload_2016-12-26_18-12-26.png

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't agree with your scenario Cougie. Before you were a regular on the Rams board, I used to do post-game analyses of regular season games and I would break-down the game in its many facets providing data about how we played and who had a good game and who didn't on both sides of the ball. Ask anyone who's been here for awhile. I always ended may of those posts with your very statement: That ultimately, football is indeed a team game and champions win and lose as a team. I thought you'd might like to know that is what used to be here on the Rams board. I stopped doing it because I simply don't have the time I once did.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Difference is that Goff has just started his career, we know his supporting offensive staff don't help the kid out by dropping passes or leaving him running for his life by their lackluster blocking. Not to mention, we know the kid isn't getting good coaching.

While Bradford on the other hand, his career is defined by no playoff driven, injury plagued, excuse making, not competitive, overpaid, padded stats career.

No playoffs = goes without saying, never been to the postseason
Injury plagued = only two full seasons played
Excuse making = just needed to get out of St.Louis, then he will show you, was the talk, still no playoffs
Not competitive = traded to the Vikings, because he cried about the Eagles drafting Wentz
Overpaid = a lot of money for no playoffs, he is the reason there is a rookie draft pick money slot
Padded stats = your completion percentage should be high if you are safe Mr. Captain Check down

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,889.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats like saying Marino sucked because he didn't win a super bowl. Football is a team sport. The Vikes started 5-0. The collapse was for a simple reason and had nothing to do with Bradford. The injuries to the OL were to much over time and teams adjusted when they knew the Vikes could not run the ball. If they can finish 8-8 its pretty amazing considering they have no running game. Wins are not easy in this league just ask Goff.
So football is a team sport but yet the Vikings collapse had nothing to do with him? :scratch:
Edit: sorry @Retroram52 and @LongtimeRamsFan42 I just saw that you both said the exact same thing.

Last edited:

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pro Football Focus

✔@PFF

Most-accurate QBs versus pressure this season (by adjusted completion %):

1. Sam Bradford, 74.2
2. Russell Wilson, 72.5
3. Tom Brady, 70

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Difference is that Goff has just started his career, we know his supporting offensive staff don't help the kid out by dropping passes or leaving him running for his life by their lackluster blocking. Not to mention, we know the kid isn't getting good coaching.

While Bradford on the other hand, his career is defined by no playoff driven, injury plagued, excuse making, not competitive, overpaid, padded stats career.

No playoffs = goes without saying, never been to the postseason
Injury plagued = only two full seasons played
Excuse making = just needed to get out of St.Louis, then he will show you, was the talk, still no playoffs
Not competitive = traded to the Vikings, because he cried about the Eagles drafting Wentz
Overpaid = a lot of money for no playoffs, he is the reason there is a rookie draft pick money slot
Padded stats = your completion percentage should be high if you are safe Mr. Captain Check down

Bradford won ROY On a way less talented team. He won 7 games. and the Rams didn't give up the farm to get him.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,889.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
look at his #'s?? tell me where Sam is the problem. nice try.
No, you tell me where he is the solution. You're the one giving him all of the credit when the team he's on wins the game and the first to finger point to someone else when they lose games but yet are saying it's a team sport!

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, you tell me where he is the solution. You're the one giving him all of the credit when the team he's on wins the game and the first to finger point to someone else when they lose games but yet are saying it's a team sport!

Again look at his numbers. HE's putting up top 10 QB #'s. Yes its a team sport. I'm just saying he isn't directly causing them to lose like you make out. If he was playing like shit then I would say he is part of the problem. But that is NOT the case.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adam Thielen: From rookie camp tryout to 1,000-yard season?
9:55 AM CT
  • i

Ben GoesslingESPN Staff Writer

MINNEAPOLIS -- By Sunday, the first Minnesota Vikings wide receiver to cross the 1,000-yard barrier since 2009 could be a player who was once held in such little regard, he could only muster up a rookie camp tryout in 2013.

Adam Thielen's career at Division II Minnesota State, on the same fields where the Vikings train each summer, ended with a 1,176-yard season in 2012. And even though the 6-foot-3 Thielen had run a 4.45-second 40-yard dash at a super regional combine before the 2013 draft, no team thought enough of him to sign him as a rookie free agent that spring.

He was brought in to the Vikings' 2013 rookie camp as a tryout player -- essentially, as an accessory that would help fill out the rosters that weekend and could be dispatched easily unless he caught someone's eye. And even when Thielen beat out Eastern Washington's Nicholas Edwards in the three-day session to earn a contract, he went to Vikings training camp as an extra with an endearing backstory.

Now, the 26-year-old who'd spent a year on the Vikings' practice squad and two more as a special teams contributor, could surpass the 1,000-yard mark this weekend.

Cincinnati Bengals cornerbacks refused to face in a joint practice this summer because they wanted to match up with some "dogs."

"One of the players said to me on the sideline, ‘This guy’s just a football player.’ And that’s what he is,” coach Mike Zimmer said. “He’s a guy that goes out and makes plays. When his opportunity is there, he goes out and makes catches. I think the biggest thing about Adam is that he’s a great competitor.”

The Detroit Lakes, Minnesota native, who ranks third among NFL undrafted free agents in receiving yards this season, will be a restricted free agent after the season, which means he's due for a notable raise. The Vikings will likely put a high enough tender on Thielen to dissuade other teams from signing him, and they could pursue a multi-year deal with him at some point.

He co-founded a gym with his longtime trainer in the Twin Cities this summer, and his wife Caitlin gave birth to the couple's first child this fall. Thielen has begun working with Bolder Options, a Minneapolis-based non-profit that facilitates mentorships based on athletics and activities. The player who began his Vikings career as an afterthought has never seemed more like a fixture in the organization.

"It's great to have the support, and I feel it," Thielen said. "From Day 1, when I was on the practice squad, to now, it's been unbelievable -- people from Minnesota kind of taking me under their wing and just rooting for me. I appreciate all that, and I'm just going to try to get better every day."

Anybody hear of this guy before Bradford started playing with him?? Don't feel bad when Sam signed with the Vikes he said he never heard of him either.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,889.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again look at his numbers. HE's putting up top 10 QB #'s. Yes its a team sport. I'm just saying he isn't directly causing them to lose like you make out.
I never said he was the main reason they were losing! I'm saying whenever the team he's on wins, he's not the sole reason why they win, which you always try to make it out to be.

If he was playing like shit then I would say he is part of the problem.
:pound:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again look at his numbers. HE's putting up top 10 QB #'s. Yes its a team sport. I'm just saying he isn't directly causing them to lose like you make out. If he was playing like shit then I would say he is part of the problem. But that is NOT the case.

In all of your number-crunching, you once again overlook a long-held axiom of Professional Football. I think we tried this before and you didn't get it then and probably will be blinded by your man-love and won't get it now. That axiom being that good-to great players, especially QBs, have an ability to make everyone else around them better when they play. It's called the intangible of leadership and Sammie appears to be lacking in that department. Now you can argue all you want but that axiom remains true. Your boy just doesn't get his teammates to play even better when he is in there unlike a long list of players over the history of the NFL who have done that no matter what their stats are per game or for the year.

Last edited: