• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Unsportsmanlike Conduct

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol so because one guy who probably doesn't understand what exactly they do must mean the site has been wrong for years? NFL teams do use their stats you're crazy if you don't think they do. I'm not saying they don't have their own people to but they do use them. You can't watch an NFL game on TV without them referring to pro football focus stats. So why you to think that it is so bogus is beyond me. I'm not the one in the minority here you guys are. This isn't something new they have been doing this for over 10 years.

Are you for real??? Are you REALLY trying to say an NFL player, who plays at the HIGHEST level of the game, doesn't understand some websites BS ratings??? Do you realize just how INSANE that sounds???

Next...I have watched about 40-45 NFL games this season, I have heard PFF mentioned exactly ONCE(was week one or two)...That's approximately .4% of the time...

Third, you can ONCE AGAIN convince yourself of whatever you'd like, but as usual, the facts completely outweigh your opinions...

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol so because one guy who probably doesn't understand what exactly they do must mean the site has been wrong for years? NFL teams do use their stats you're crazy if you don't think they do. I'm not saying they don't have their own people to but they do use them. You can't watch an NFL game on TV without them referring to pro football focus stats. So why you to think that it is so bogus is beyond me. I'm not the one in the minority here you guys are. This isn't something new they have been doing this for over 10 years.

Once again, clueless! That word seems to be attached to you quite often anymore? Ya that one player that actually does play defense and does know the schemes they use and what they are suppose to and not suppose to do is wrong, but PFF is right?

Your also wrong about PFF mentioned in ever game, it's not very often at all, LTR is correct, it's very rare!

As far as me saying teams don't look At PFF, that's not true, I'm sure they do, I'm sure they look at ALL information that they can, they just don't swear by PFF like you do. You are the one that is crazy if you don't think teams have more and better info on what their guys do than PFF

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again, clueless! That word seems to be attached to you quite often anymore? Ya that one player that actually does play defense and does know the schemes they use and what they are suppose to and not suppose to do is wrong, but PFF is right?

Your also wrong about PFF mentioned in ever game, it's not very often at all, LTR is correct, it's very rare!

As far as me saying teams don't look At PFF, that's not true, I'm sure they do, I'm sure they look at ALL information that they can, they just don't swear by PFF like you do. You are the one that is crazy if you don't think teams have more and better info on what their guys do than PFF

I'm not even sure what you guys are arguing about? because I look at the PFF site for stats? PFF has been around a long time and is here to stay. I mean look at their top 10 list of quarterbacks or any other positions it seems to be right on to me.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This list looks pretty good to me?

1.Tom Brady NE 95.1
2 Matt Ryan ATL 90.7
3 Drew Brees NO 88.9
3 Russell Wilson SEA 3 88.9
5 Andrew Luck IND 12 88.7
6 Derek Carr OAK 4 87.4
7 Cam Newton CAR 1 86.6
8 Aaron Rodgers GB 12 85.7
9 Matthew Stafford DET 9 85.5
10 Ryan Tannehill MIA 85.4

Btw Donald is the highest rated DT and it's not even close with a grade of 95.7. The next DT is Calais Campbell with a grade of 88.

Last edited:

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not even sure what you guys are arguing about? because I look at the PFF site for stats? PFF has been around a long time and is here to stay. I mean look at their top 10 list of quarterbacks or any other positions it seems to be right on to me.

Again Coug, some of us have known about PFF for years, unlike yourself who just discovered it half way through last year. Yes it's something to look at, but you continue to throw out PFF stats and grades at us like it's the final word in how to rank players, sorry it's not! It still relies on a lot of what if this or what if that happens. If a offensive lineman goes up against Donald and has a bad game, does that mean he's a bad Olineman? yet another Olineman is graded higher that week because he had a good game against some scrub?
A guy could just have a great game and he gets graded high, doesn't mean he's good, just means he had a good game! Maybe this guy doesn't play well in the rain or snow, maybe a guy he's going up against just had a bad game. So I, along with some others don't give a shit how PFF graded a player for a game.

Even though the Rams don't seem to have a clue, I would still assume they know how good their player did or didn't play better than PFF does, regardless of the "grade" they gave said player!

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as your "this looks pretty good to me" PFF rankings, I could come pretty close to that list just on watching games, which I watch a lot of games, I don't need someone to tell me that these guys grade out best for my top 10

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Coug we kept hearing how the Vikes were 4-0 led by Sammy, now I hear crickets since the Vikes are 5-6 "led" by Sammy.
Good thing Hill won that first game otherwise they would be out of the playoff picture right now!

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Coug we kept hearing how the Vikes were 4-0 led by Sammy, now I hear crickets since the Vikes are 5-6 "led" by Sammy.
Good thing Hill won that first game otherwise they would be out of the playoff picture right now!

Hill sighting last night!

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Because you are clueless and put the losses on him when most people realize the O line is The worst in the NFL. It's amazing he's almost leading the NFL in percentage completion's.

DON’T BLAME SAM BRADFORD FOR VIKINGS’ STRUGGLES
SAM MONSON3 HOURS AGO

The Vikings dropped yet another game on Thursday, this time against the 11-1 Cowboys, losing their sixth game out of the last seven. Although things may look pretty hopeless for Minnesota right now, this team remains at .500, and is just a game back in the division (pending the results of the rest of Week 13).

It’s tough to think of a team that has been more consistently assaulted with injuries and losses to key personnel all season long than Minnesota, a team that had Super Bowl aspirations before the season began, and is now just desperately trying to reach the playoffs.

Quarterback Teddy Bridgewater’s presence on the sideline during the game against Dallas last night served only as a reminder of what might have been for this team.

When Bridgewater went down—due to a freak, non-contact injury before the season had even begun—the Vikings felt that this team was good enough on paper. The loss of Bridgewater was such a fatal one to the team’s season that they needed to make something big happen to address the position; hence, Sam Bradford’s arrival.

The trade for Bradford eight days before the season began sent Philadelphia the Vikings’ first-round pick in 2017, and a 2018 conditional fourth-rounder, that can rise as high as a second-round pick if Minnesota actually makes something of this season. The more this season unfolds, the worse that trade looks, but it remains a move that had to be made, and one that actually did what it was supposed to for this team.

Bradford is not the reason the Vikings have lost six games—though it’s fair to pin the second Detroit loss directly on him, I suppose, since his horrible interception wrapped that game up—but he is one of the biggest reasons behind a few of their first five victories.

Bradford’s play has dropped off as the season has worn on, but it’s almost a direct correlation to how badly the pass protection has deteriorated in that time. Matt Kalil had many faults as a starting left tackle, but the lowest grade he ever achieved over a season was 43.8 in 2014. Last season, he was at 68.4, but his replacement, T.J. Clemmings, is currently grading at 28.3, on a scale of 0–100. That is the fourth-lowest grade we have ever seen from an offensive tackle over a full season (since PFF began grading players in 2006), and the second-lowest from a left tackle, despite the Vikings trying to get rid of the ball as fast as humanly possible.

Bradford now has the league’s fifth-fastest average-time-to-throw figure, at 2.3 seconds and that number has only been getting smaller as the year has progressed. He has the league’s lowest average depth of target, at 6.5 yards, lower even than pathologically conservative Chiefs QB Alex Smith. There is no offense in the game that makes life easier for its offensive linemen in terms of how long they have to block for, but the Vikings, and Clemmings in particular, just can’t hold up.

Early in the season, Bradford’s passer rating under pressure was a ridiculous 108.0. Typically, playing under pressure drops a QB’s passer rating in the region of 30.0 points, and this season, the league average passer rating under pressure is just 65.4. Even now, Bradford’s is still 87.5, the third-best figure in football behind only Tom Brady (93.6) and Russell Wilson (88.9).

Bradford may not be one of the league’s best quarterbacks, but he has played more than well enough for this team to compete offensively—if only the O-line had been even close to viable.

With the loss of Kalil, injuries at other spots, and just straight awful play at others, the Vikings’ offensive line, on its best days, has been average; on its worst, has been prohibitively bad. There are very few QBs in the league that could win games consistently with this kind of pass protection, even fewer within this offensive scheme, and Bradford not being one of them shouldn’t be held against him, or render the trade a mistake.

With Bridgewater’s injury still a major question mark, the Vikings may need Bradford for 2017. They can now concentrate on repairing that offensive line in the offseason, clearing out the dead weight, freeing up some cap space by jettisoning the exorbitant contract of Adrian Peterson that has hung from the salary cap like a millstone for awhile now, and actually remain in contention going forward.

Without the move for Bradford, it’s likely the team would be in a similar spot—maybe with a few more losses—but with that 2017 first-round pick intact, and potentially with a huge question mark at QB.

Minnesota’s season may well be unspooling; given the state of the NFC North, however, it is far from lost. The trade for Bradford remains a move the team had to make, for 2017 as much as for 2016. The single-biggest issue facing this team is not at QB, but rather how to repair an entire offensive line in the space of an offseason. Without successfully navigating that challenge, it really doesn’t matter who is at quarterback for the Vikings.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because you are clueless and put the losses on him when most people realize the O line is The worst in the NFL. It's amazing he's almost leading the NFL in percentage completion's.

DON’T BLAME SAM BRADFORD FOR VIKINGS’ STRUGGLES
SAM MONSON3 HOURS AGO

The Vikings dropped yet another game on Thursday, this time against the 11-1 Cowboys, losing their sixth game out of the last seven. Although things may look pretty hopeless for Minnesota right now, this team remains at .500, and is just a game back in the division (pending the results of the rest of Week 13).

It’s tough to think of a team that has been more consistently assaulted with injuries and losses to key personnel all season long than Minnesota, a team that had Super Bowl aspirations before the season began, and is now just desperately trying to reach the playoffs.

Quarterback Teddy Bridgewater’s presence on the sideline during the game against Dallas last night served only as a reminder of what might have been for this team.

When Bridgewater went down—due to a freak, non-contact injury before the season had even begun—the Vikings felt that this team was good enough on paper. The loss of Bridgewater was such a fatal one to the team’s season that they needed to make something big happen to address the position; hence, Sam Bradford’s arrival.

The trade for Bradford eight days before the season began sent Philadelphia the Vikings’ first-round pick in 2017, and a 2018 conditional fourth-rounder, that can rise as high as a second-round pick if Minnesota actually makes something of this season. The more this season unfolds, the worse that trade looks, but it remains a move that had to be made, and one that actually did what it was supposed to for this team.

Bradford is not the reason the Vikings have lost six games—though it’s fair to pin the second Detroit loss directly on him, I suppose, since his horrible interception wrapped that game up—but he is one of the biggest reasons behind a few of their first five victories.

Bradford’s play has dropped off as the season has worn on, but it’s almost a direct correlation to how badly the pass protection has deteriorated in that time. Matt Kalil had many faults as a starting left tackle, but the lowest grade he ever achieved over a season was 43.8 in 2014. Last season, he was at 68.4, but his replacement, T.J. Clemmings, is currently grading at 28.3, on a scale of 0–100. That is the fourth-lowest grade we have ever seen from an offensive tackle over a full season (since PFF began grading players in 2006), and the second-lowest from a left tackle, despite the Vikings trying to get rid of the ball as fast as humanly possible.

Bradford now has the league’s fifth-fastest average-time-to-throw figure, at 2.3 seconds and that number has only been getting smaller as the year has progressed. He has the league’s lowest average depth of target, at 6.5 yards, lower even than pathologically conservative Chiefs QB Alex Smith. There is no offense in the game that makes life easier for its offensive linemen in terms of how long they have to block for, but the Vikings, and Clemmings in particular, just can’t hold up.

Early in the season, Bradford’s passer rating under pressure was a ridiculous 108.0. Typically, playing under pressure drops a QB’s passer rating in the region of 30.0 points, and this season, the league average passer rating under pressure is just 65.4. Even now, Bradford’s is still 87.5, the third-best figure in football behind only Tom Brady (93.6) and Russell Wilson (88.9).

Bradford may not be one of the league’s best quarterbacks, but he has played more than well enough for this team to compete offensively—if only the O-line had been even close to viable.

With the loss of Kalil, injuries at other spots, and just straight awful play at others, the Vikings’ offensive line, on its best days, has been average; on its worst, has been prohibitively bad. There are very few QBs in the league that could win games consistently with this kind of pass protection, even fewer within this offensive scheme, and Bradford not being one of them shouldn’t be held against him, or render the trade a mistake.

With Bridgewater’s injury still a major question mark, the Vikings may need Bradford for 2017. They can now concentrate on repairing that offensive line in the offseason, clearing out the dead weight, freeing up some cap space by jettisoning the exorbitant contract of Adrian Peterson that has hung from the salary cap like a millstone for awhile now, and actually remain in contention going forward.

Without the move for Bradford, it’s likely the team would be in a similar spot—maybe with a few more losses—but with that 2017 first-round pick intact, and potentially with a huge question mark at QB.

Minnesota’s season may well be unspooling; given the state of the NFC North, however, it is far from lost. The trade for Bradford remains a move the team had to make, for 2017 as much as for 2016. The single-biggest issue facing this team is not at QB, but rather how to repair an entire offensive line in the space of an offseason. Without successfully navigating that challenge, it really doesn’t matter who is at quarterback for the Vikings.

Here we go again, poor little victim Bradford...Give it a rest already...The Rams entire O-line is makeshift, is horrible, and we're starting a freaking rookie behind it...

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here we go again, poor little victim Bradford...Give it a rest already...The Rams entire O-line is makeshift, is horrible, and we're starting a freaking rookie behind it...

" Here we go again poor little victim Bradford" That's not what the article says and that's not what I'm saying but it's clearly not his fault. The Rams O line is Hall of Fame like compared to the Vikings so don't try to compare them. Try reading the article maybe it will help you understand. You can't just blame it on the quarterback for a loss you have to look at other factors. Like a punt return fumble to set up the go ahead score or the safety getting burned giving up a 50 yard bomb to set up another score. Or the O line many false starts including when your trying to tie the game on a two point conversion.

Bradford's passer rating when under pressure is third best in the NFL. Behind Brady and Russell Wilson. Sure but it's his fault :L

Last edited:

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
" Here we go again poor little victim Bradford" That's not what the article says and that's not what I'm saying but it's clearly not his fault. The Rams O line is Hall of Fame like compared to the Vikings so don't try to compare them. Try reading the article maybe it will help you understand. You can't just blame it on the quarterback for a loss you have to look at other factors. Like a punt return fumble to set up the go ahead score or the safety getting burned giving up a 50 yard bomb to set up another score. Or the O line many false starts including when your trying to tie the game on a two point conversion.

Once again, the article is using the bullshit PFF ratings so everything it says is moot...The Rams O-line sucks, period...We all know this because we actually watch the goddamn games...We don't rely on some two-bit bullshit website to form our opinions!!! You might want to try it once in a while, you might like thinking for yourself for once!!! I know you try SO hard to make Bradford look better, but like the saying says "You can't polish a turd" Bradford is that turd...

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching that game last night, all I could think was "Captain Checkdown strikes again..." until Bradford beat the prevent defense for what could've been the tying score. He completely airmailed that 2 pt conversion; that pass HAS to be on a receiver; he gave the receiver zero chance to make a play.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bradford's passer rating when under pressure is third best in the NFL. Behind Brady and Russell Wilson. Sure but it's his fault :L

The defense handed him the ball on Dallas' 19, and the result was a 33 yard FG. Dallas just took better advantage of their chances.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coug, Coug, Coug, you need serious help!

Of course it's not all Sammys fault, but let's not blame the defense all the time. Ya they gave up a 50 yard play , but overall in almost every loss they kept the team in the game and gave them a chance to win, but the offense LED BY SAMMY did squat.

Sammy did have a couple of nice rollout scrambles last night, but he also had some good protection a few times and he still checked down to the RB, ya I saw it a few times, he had time and still checked down.

And yet again you are delusional saying our oline is a HOF type compared to the Vikes. Keep on relying on your precious grades, but maybe actually watch some football and see with your own eyes how players play, you just might learn something, although I doubt it?

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching that game last night, all I could think was "Captain Checkdown strikes again..." until Bradford beat the prevent defense for what could've been the tying score. He completely airmailed that 2 pt conversion; that pass HAS to be on a receiver; he gave the receiver zero chance to make a play.

Come on Shop, that's on the receiver, he didn't jump high enough! Sammy is one of the most accurate passers in the history of the game, no really, just ask Coug

Did you see that dart on the TD pass? Threw it all the way to the line of scrimmage!

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PFF just came out with who loves Sammy the most grade

Coug graded out at 93.4
Second was, oh never mind nobody was even close!

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coug, Coug, Coug, you need serious help!

Of course it's not all Sammys fault, but let's not blame the defense all the time. Ya they gave up a 50 yard play , but overall in almost every loss they kept the team in the game and gave them a chance to win, but the offense LED BY SAMMY did squat.

Sammy did have a couple of nice rollout scrambles last night, but he also had some good protection a few times and he still checked down to the RB, ya I saw it a few times, he had time and still checked down.

And yet again you are delusional saying our oline is a HOF type compared to the Vikes. Keep on relying on your precious grades, but maybe actually watch some football and see with your own eyes how players play, you just might learn something, although I doubt it?

You saw he had time and checked down? Did you see down field where he was looking? Doesn't mean someone was open.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense handed him the ball on Dallas' 19, and the result was a 33 yard FG. Dallas just took better advantage of their chances.

True but it started with a penalty On first down.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He airmailed it because he was getting clubbed like a seal up side his head on that non call.