• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Unsportsmanlike Conduct

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Justin Case
This question is plain stupid. It's like asking should Kennedy have stayed out of Dallas?
The Vikings OL has been decimated by injury and they are doing what they can to move the ball. Bradford is not the problem. If the front office were soothsayers and knew of the injuries they wouldn't have made the trade. They made a sound decision at the time to give the team the chance to win this year. Due to devastating injuries it hasn't worked out.
Like · Reply ·
like.png
69 · 21 hrs

Steve Anderson ·
University of Minnesota
Justin, your summary is spot-on. Obviously, in retrospect, you can regret the trade, but no one would have ever predicted the complete injury decimation of the O line. Kalil, for example, had a great camp and had never missed a start in his career. Few QBs can make a difference with an O line that can neither run nor pass protect. Brady would likely be slaughtered on this team. Russel Wilson could perhaps succeed with his incredible mobility.
Like · Reply ·
like.png
18 · 20 hrs

Joe DeTrano ·
Sales at Accumedic Computer Systems, Inc. - Electronic Health Records
You can't regret it as he is better than what they had. You have to take a chance and not give up a season for a team that had a lot of talent.
Like · Reply ·
like.png
4 · 20 hrs

Steve Anderson ·
University of Minnesota
Jags Titans Nothing you say has any factual basis. Bradford was not terrible in Philly last year. Vikings won 11 last year so saying they were a 9 or 10 team if everything went right is borderline silly.
Like · Reply ·
like.png
3 · 20 hrs

Derek Allen ·
San Antonio, Texas
Jags Titans ...ONLY a FAN would say Bradford was terrible last year. Terrible??? the man's completion % was over 65%...he threw for over 3700 yards with 19 tds and 14 Ints...with VERY inconsistent WRs that led the league in drops. I don't particularly like Bradford...I'm just a guy who played and loved the game a get tired of MEDIA & FANS not making REAL sense.
Like · Reply ·
like.png
1 · 20 hrs

Terence Saunders
It seems like everyone is missing the big picture here, they have ZERO running game and the vikings werent expecting bradford to be a gunslinger and lead them to victories, he just sinply had to play the alex smith role but losing peterson and injuries to the line are the biggest problem
Like · Reply ·
like.png
3 · 20

Indigo Moor ·
Poet, Playwright, Author, Teacher at Writer
Ridiculous, short sighted article designed to raise a discussion from people who don't like Bradford and don't watch the Vikings. Pick the greatest QBs in NFL history and they would all look like rookies behind this OL. the discussion of what is wrong with the Vikings begins and ends there. This writer ignoring that, only mentioning it as one of the provlems, is irresponsible journalism, designed to cause a controversy where there is none.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jonas Wiklund ·
Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) at Park Nicollet Health Services
William Bergmann He didnt say it was a nice stat line, he said it wasn't terrible, which it isnt terrible. Expecially when you consider what he had to work with in Philly
Like · Reply ·
like.png
1 · 18 hrs

Ashley Amdahl ·
Works at United States Army
William Bergmann Rivers and Brees combined threw for 10000 yards last year - what good did it do for them.
Like · Reply · 18 hrs

Jay Bowen ·
J. M. Tate High School
It's so easy to blame a qb when there is no o-line or a dependable running back
Like · Reply · 17 hrs

Binyamin Zomberg ·
Yeshiva University
I think Barnwell is saying that even though Bradford has been great - really, the best ANYONE could have hoped for - that the natural attrition in this league and the danger of players on their team getting injured made this a bad deal in the first place. AP has been hurt before and now the offense suffers.
Like · Reply ·
like.png
3 · 17 hrs

Karen Nelson ·
Fresno City College
Also it's pretty unfair to judge Bradford by his stats when he played for the Rams and an eagles wr core that had most drops in NFL last year. I don't think he's amazing but the passes he's been able to throw have been much nicer than anything aTB has shown us.
Like · Reply ·

There are hundreds more Smed so you saying most agree... well no they don't you are WRONG.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Comp Att %. Yards. Y/A. TD. INT. QB Rate

Andrew Luck, 236 375 62.9 2,827 7.54 19 8 93.9 Colts 5-6

Aaron Rodgers, 259 410 63.2 2,761 6.73 25 7 96.0. Packers 4-6

Sam Bradford, 248 348 71.3 2,415 6.94 12 3 98.3 Vikings. 6-5

???????

Last edited:

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't you say this same thing last year when Blammy was an Eagle?
He says it every year Zeke. Sammy could go to Dallas and he would say their oline wasn't good enough!

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Comp Att %. Yards. Y/A. TD. INT. QB Rate

Andrew Luck, 236 375 62.9 2,827 7.54 19 8 93.9 Colts 5-6

Aaron Rodgers, 259 410 63.2 2,761 6.73 25 7 96.0. Packers 4-6

Sam Bradford, 248 348 71.3 2,415 6.94 12 3 98.3 Vikings. 6-5

???????

What exactly don't you get, I'm not just talking about this year. Why is it that Rodgers is among league leaders in getting sacked every year, and he can actually scramble, so if he was as slow as Bradford he would be getting sacked even more!

As always you fail to mention GB and Indys defenses suck unlike Minnesotas, so again Sammy doesn't have the Vikes at 6-5, their defense does,Colts and GB suck because their defense sucks, not because of their QB's
You also fail to mention that Sammys YAC yards are always high!!!!!! kind of like you!!!!

As far as your "comments" section, you can do that with any article, I'm sure if I chose to I could have just put every negative comment in there.

You can rip that article, but it doesn't change the fact that its pretty accurate. the writer actually gave Sammy some legit excuses, overall Sammy is what Sammy is, average at best!

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as me saying most would agree, I was referring to those of us in here that have been discussing this for the past what,27 years? I don't care what Jim Bob Butthead from Duluth Minnesota thinks. Most Viking fans have seen him playfor 10 games of course they aren't tired of him yet, but they will eventually.

Also Coug, there are some legitimate reasons and excuses for his lack of success, but not the 100+ you keep throwing out there, because NOTHING is ever Sammys fault in your star struck Sammy eyes!

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What exactly don't you get, I'm not just talking about this year. Why is it that Rodgers is among league leaders in getting sacked every year, and he can actually scramble, so if he was as slow as Bradford he would be getting sacked even more!

As always you fail to mention GB and Indys defenses suck unlike Minnesotas, so again Sammy doesn't have the Vikes at 6-5, their defense does,Colts and GB suck because their defense sucks, not because of their QB's
You also fail to mention that Sammys YAC yards are always high!!!!!! kind of like you!!!!

As far as your "comments" section, you can do that with any article, I'm sure if I chose to I could have just put every negative comment in there.

You can rip that article, but it doesn't change the fact that its pretty accurate. the writer actually gave Sammy some legit excuses, overall Sammy is what Sammy is, average at best!

Oh Im sorry you weren't talking about this year Gez.. So what is their excuse? Yes the Vikes have a better D but you don't mention Rodgers has a WAY better OL and running game. You give the Vikes D all the credit but last year when the Eagles D was pathetic you didn't bring that up? And there has been plenty of times this year the Vikes D couldn't make a stop and get off the field.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He says it every year Zeke. Sammy could go to Dallas and he would say their oline wasn't good enough!

Do you really think Dak would be having the same year behind the Vikes OL with no running game? No way. It would be ugly.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradford has 12 TDs thru 10 games. Is that enough to lead a team to 6 wins? You keep telling us the running game and line is terrible, so Sam must be leading this team by throwing a ton of TDs, except that he isn't. How are the Vikings winning with only 7.2 ppg from the passing game?

The defense is carrying the offense.

Rambulance

MuscleBear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More importantly, he looks like he has that killer mentality. Bradford would wilt in the endzone, Goff looks to attack it so far. I am really excited about that

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh Im sorry you weren't talking about this year Gez.. So what is their excuse? Yes the Vikes have a better D but you don't mention Rodgers has a WAY better OL and running game. You give the Vikes D all the credit but last year when the Eagles D was pathetic you didn't bring that up? And there has been plenty of times this year the Vikes D couldn't make a stop and get off the field.
If Rodgers oline is soooooo much better, why does Rodgers rank among the league leaders in getting sacked almost every year?
Eagles defense wasn't that good, but they also weren't as bad as you make them out to be, it was like when Sammy was with Rams, if your offense isn't very good, your defense has to play more, do you even understand that concept? ya Vikes defense is winning them games and keeping them in games that they lose, but they also lose because the offense is doing NOTHING!

So do tell me about the PLENTY of times that the Vikes defense couldn't get off the field, even if they did the Vikes offense "led by Sammy" wasn't bringing them back!

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you really think Dak would be having the same year behind the Vikes OL with no running game? No way. It would be ugly.

as always you don't catch much! my point was that Sammy would somehow fuck that up, but of course it wouldn't be his fault!

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradford has 12 TDs thru 10 games. Is that enough to lead a team to 6 wins? You keep telling us the running game and line is terrible, so Sam must be leading this team by throwing a ton of TDs, except that he isn't. How are the Vikings winning with only 7.2 ppg from the passing game?

The defense is carrying the offense.

as always, ding ding ding, we have a winner!!!

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just going to leave this here...Seems appropriate...

Kyle Williams doubts outsiders can know if he’s playing well

Posted by Michael David Smith on November 30, 2016, 9:28 AM EST
459541716-e1447790831128.jpg
Getty Images
Bills defensive tackle Kyle Williams had an interesting response to being told he was ranked as one of the best players in the NFL: He doubted how anyone would know.

Williams was told by Tim Graham of the Buffalo News that in 2010, Pro Football Focusranked him as the third-best player in the NFL. Williams responded that he doesn’t buy into such rankings.

“I don’t even know what that means, to be honest with you. How do they know how to grade me if they don’t even known what I’m supposed to be doing?” Williams asked.

In Williams’ view, even if you watch him on every single play of an entire season, you still don’t know how well he was playing unless you also know what the Bills’ defensive play call was. Williams points out that what constitutes a good play in one defense could be a bad play in another defense based on what the defensive tackle is asked to do, and those outside the Bills facility won’t know what the defensive tackle was asked to do on any given play.

“If you don’t know what my assignment is or what the O-line’s trying to do, I mean . . . Good Lord, especially in this defense,” Williams said. “I don’t know how anybody would know how to begin to grade this defense if they didn’t know exactly what our job is on a certain play. We have some interesting jobs in this defense that I’ve never been asked to do in other ones. So to grade that on some kind of scale? I don’t know how they could do that.”

There’s certainly some value in tape scouting even if you don’t know a player’s assignment. After all, that’s what every NFL team does when scouting players on opposing teams. But Williams raises a fair point about the limitations of watching a team from the outside.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just going to leave this here...Seems appropriate...

Posted by Michael David Smith on November 30, 2016, 9:28 AM EST
459541716-e1447790831128.jpg
Getty Images
Bills defensive tackle Kyle Williams had an interesting response to being told he was ranked as one of the best players in the NFL: He doubted how anyone would know.

Williams was told by Tim Graham of the Buffalo News that in 2010, Pro Football Focusranked him as the third-best player in the NFL. Williams responded that he doesn’t buy into such rankings.

“I don’t even know what that means, to be honest with you. How do they know how to grade me if they don’t even known what I’m supposed to be doing?” Williams asked.

In Williams’ view, even if you watch him on every single play of an entire season, you still don’t know how well he was playing unless you also know what the Bills’ defensive play call was. Williams points out that what constitutes a good play in one defense could be a bad play in another defense based on what the defensive tackle is asked to do, and those outside the Bills facility won’t know what the defensive tackle was asked to do on any given play.

“If you don’t know what my assignment is or what the O-line’s trying to do, I mean . . . Good Lord, especially in this defense,” Williams said. “I don’t know how anybody would know how to begin to grade this defense if they didn’t know exactly what our job is on a certain play. We have some interesting jobs in this defense that I’ve never been asked to do in other ones. So to grade that on some kind of scale? I don’t know how they could do that.”

There’s certainly some value in tape scouting even if you don’t know a player’s assignment. After all, that’s what every NFL team does when scouting players on opposing teams. But Williams raises a fair point about the limitations of watching a team from the outside.

Its not to hard to see what a guy is suppose to be doing on a play. Weather he drops back into coverage or rushes the passer stunts etc. . Thats a dumb excuse lol

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not to hard to see what a guy is suppose to be doing on a play. Weather he drops back into coverage or rushes the passer stunts etc. . Thats a dumb excuse lol

Are you kidding me??? Do you have ANY idea how complicated defenses are??? It's not as simple as you are trying to make it out to be...Face it, even the players themselves see the site as an absolute joke, so cut the crap already...

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you kidding me??? Do you have ANY idea how complicated defenses are??? It's not as simple as you are trying to make it out to be...Face it, even the players themselves see the site as an absolute joke, so cut the crap already...

no its not as complicated as your trying to make it. Its called scouting. And they have been doing it for a long time.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no its not as complicated as your trying to make it. Its called scouting. And they have been doing it for a long time.

Wow, you are REALLY clueless... This is a guy that your "bible" claimed to be one of/if not the best in the NFL...And his response was basically "who gives a shit what they say"... It's not as if they criticized him, they praised him...

As for your scouting comment...Yeah, lets start trusting "former scouts"... If they were any good, they'd still be working in the NFL...

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, you are REALLY clueless... This is a guy that your "bible" claimed to be one of/if not the best in the NFL...And his response was basically "who gives a shit what they say"... It's not as if they criticized him, they praised him...

As for your scouting comment...Yeah, lets start trusting "former scouts"... If they were any good, they'd still be working in the NFL...

Well of course Coug doesn't have a clue, he usually doesn't?..

I can see a guy that was ranked by the precious PFF as the third worst, crying sour grapes and they don't know what theyre talking about, but a guy they ranked as the 3rd best PLAYER in the NfL, but of course Coug knows more about what defenses do then Williams, as you said LTR he is clueless?????

Coug PFF is a guide, no more than that, NFL teams do their own evaluations of their PLAYERS, I think they know what their players are and arent doing better than PFF? Teams also evaluate other players in the league, they don't rely on PFF to see what their up coming opponents players can and can't do!

But again Coug, you know more than "the PFF 3rd ranked player in all of the NFL"

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well of course Coug doesn't have a clue, he usually doesn't?..

I can see a guy that was ranked by the precious PFF as the third worst, crying sour grapes and they don't know what theyre talking about, but a guy they ranked as the 3rd best PLAYER in the NfL, but of course Coug knows more about what defenses do then Williams, as you said LTR he is clueless?????

Coug PFF is a guide, no more than that, NFL teams do their own evaluations of their PLAYERS, I think they know what their players are and arent doing better than PFF? Teams also evaluate other players in the league, they don't rely on PFF to see what their up coming opponents players can and can't do!

But again Coug, you know more than "the PFF 3rd ranked player in all of the NFL"

Lol so because one guy who probably doesn't understand what exactly they do must mean the site has been wrong for years? NFL teams do use their stats you're crazy if you don't think they do. I'm not saying they don't have their own people to but they do use them. You can't watch an NFL game on TV without them referring to pro football focus stats. So why you to think that it is so bogus is beyond me. I'm not the one in the minority here you guys are. This isn't something new they have been doing this for over 10 years.