• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

UNLV Basketball

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched the first half last night against Utah, not bad, young team and there gonna hit some bumps, but man if they get on a roll in conference play and some how make a strong push in tourney play they could very easy be a tough team to play, love the shot blocking and rebounding at both ends, I'm gonna easy up on my "Rice isn't right" chant, I'm curious to see how this year plays out and his next class...

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UNLV put up a fight against Utah. That is the good thing. The bad is the free throws!!! Awful free throw shooting again. Something else that isn't good is the low offensive numbers game after game they simply don't put the ball in the hoop enough to beat good teams.

That said I thought they actually played decent against Utah but I don't know if this team has what it takes to get over the hump and actually beat top teams.

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Free throws lost it. Not an uncommon thing for a bit now. All we have is conference play this season. SO much youth to build on though, i mean a ton. Looking forward to next season. Still holding out some hope for this one.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Free throws, and UNLV don't really mix, wasn't the last Reb team to actually shoot good free throws the title team?

I'm excited, this core plus what he has coming in next year, holy crap, if coaching staff can get these guys all on one page, it could be a very strong program...

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AZ tonight. Not liking this game one bit. I thought we had an outside shot at beating Utah, but AZ is gonna crush us at home. just survive the last couple weeks healthy and play their asses off in conference is all we can hope for.

Side note, i did see that Temple beat Kansas though, so holding out a sliver of hope for that game.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's still Arizona, hoping the coaching staff coaches them up and lets the players know the hatred between the two programs.

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's still Arizona, hoping the coaching staff coaches them up and lets the players know the hatred between the two programs.

UTEP gave AZ running a zone defense, but they might have the best zone defense coach around. They will have to play zone, and it will have to cause some bad shots and turnovers for them to have a chance to keep it close. Not sure how they can keep up in points either. Need a lucky 3pt night maybe.

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a huge game!!! Rebels pulled out the upset! I couldn't smile any bigger if you tickled my ass with a feather!

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a huge game!!! Rebels pulled out the upset! I couldn't smile any bigger if you tickled my ass with a feather!

That was a huge win!!! This was a big surprise to me. I did not see UNLV winning this one but they put together a great game and should give them some confidence to play like they can beat anyone!

Fucking Awesome!!!

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a huge win!!! This was a big surprise to me. I did not see UNLV winning this one but they put together a great game and should give them some confidence to play like they can beat anyone!

Fucking Awesome!!!

This was that upset they needed! Biggest out of conference win in our league. Means we are going to get everyone's best shot ffrom here on out. Huge TEAM win!

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vaughn and Wood frickn amazing last night!

Great game, they battled the whole game and by god they beat Arizona!

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats guys. I watched the majority of it. What a win.

Fuck U of Gay. Love seeing them lose which these days isn't all that often. That was big time.

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pat McCaw had a great game at the point for Doolin at times too. It looked like Doolin couldnt do anything against the defender, cant think of his name right now, but McCaw stepped in and played great. He gets better every game too. They could be scary later in the season if they stay on this same level of effort and improvement.
I think AZ was looking past the Rebels maybe, and i dont really care. This is the type of win that can get us in the dance without having to win the conference out right. Not that i dont think we can or will win the conference, but this was a season defining win. still unbelievable.

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess i should doubt them more often. They have lost all of the games i thought they would in, and when i say say i dont think they have a shot they win. Great Christmas gift!

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pat McCaw had a great game at the point for Doolin at times too. It looked like Doolin couldnt do anything against the defender, cant think of his name right now, but McCaw stepped in and played great. He gets better every game too. They could be scary later in the season if they stay on this same level of effort and improvement.
I think AZ was looking past the Rebels maybe, and i dont really care. This is the type of win that can get us in the dance without having to win the conference out right. Not that i dont think we can or will win the conference, but this was a season defining win. still unbelievable.

I want to see Rice now coach them to keep their heads, there is no reason they can't compete in the conference, they have talent, young hell yes, but if coached / kept in check they could piss some people off...

The other thing, every time out Augmon in Wood's ear, I like that, Wood was kinda out of it last year trying to find his place on this team, now he looks so relaxed...