• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

UNLV Basketball

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They looked really good last night against a shitty team. The talent is off the charts, and bringing in Cody Doolin was a big plus for the team full of freshman and sophomores. They have lots of length and talent, and looked super fast. They dont really have a true big man though and will hurt then defensively when they face teams that have one or two true big men. It was a great game to see, and gets me all fired up for basketball.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know nobody else gives shit, but fuck you anyway

I do man, I grew up down there and lived the whole Tark era.....

The sad part it hasn't bounced back (program wise) I thought the token white guy at the end of the bench in the early 90's would turn this thing around, he hasn't......

Honestly do you see them making the big dance???

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
U-N-L-V...

GO/FIGHT/WIN!!!

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do man, I grew up down there and lived the whole Tark era.....

The sad part it hasn't bounced back (program wise) I thought the token white guy at the end of the bench in the early 90's would turn this thing around, he hasn't......

Honestly do you see them making the big dance???

They have made it, 2 out of the last 3 years, and out in the first round. I think they have a good chance at the tourney this year. They have a whole new group of starters, but the talent level is huge, and finally they have a true point guard. Cody Doolin is going to be the man this year. Rashad Vaughan was a top recruit in the nation and i believe he was being recruited by UK and some other big boy programs. Dave Rice is a recruiting machine, but he lack experience as a head coach. He's learning though. Im glad they are getting the talent that they have. I was nervous about what they would look like until i saw them in action.

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not true! I will always miss going to Runnin' Rebel games @ the T & M.

The student section has really stepped their game up recently. "The Rebellion" is what they refer to themselves as, and they are a blast.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have made it, 2 out of the last 3 years, and out in the first round. I think they have a good chance at the tourney this year. They have a whole new group of starters, but the talent level is huge, and finally they have a true point guard. Cody Doolin is going to be the man this year. Rashad Vaughan was a top recruit in the nation and i believe he was being recruited by UK and some other big boy programs. Dave Rice is a recruiting machine, but he lack experience as a head coach. He's learning though. Im glad they are getting the talent that they have. I was nervous about what they would look like until i saw them in action.

I read about Doolin transfer, he is a very good point..
I think it will be a growing year with the young guys, sucks Doolin is there for only one year...

I'm excited for it, never lost my Runnin Rebels blood, love the program even in the shitty years...

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The student section has really stepped their game up recently. "The Rebellion" is what they refer to themselves as, and they are a blast.

When I was a season ticket holder from 2006-07 until '09-10 I thought the student section was funny as hell. And I always liked the fireworks before they announced the starting line up.

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read about Doolin transfer, he is a very good point..
I think it will be a growing year with the young guys, sucks Doolin is there for only one year...

I'm excited for it, never lost my Runnin Rebels blood, love the program even in the shitty years...

They have a another young PG, that played substantial minutes last year, and should be able to learn a ton from Doolin. I think Rashad Vaughn is a one and done. Also Christina Wood looks to have put on a couple pounds from last year as a true freshman. Think there will definite growing pains in the beginning of the season, but they could be good. I have seen the MWC rankings, from different outlets, that have the Rebels anywhere from 3rd to 7th in the division. This means they could be anywhere. I hope they are in the higher end, and are playing well enough by the conference tourney to possibly win it. Cautiously optimistic at this point thought.

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I was a season ticket holder from 2006-07 until '09-10 I thought the student section was funny as hell. And I always liked the fireworks before they announced the starting line up.

They have done some super funny stuff in the last couple years. They had that monster Mosher thing going a couple seasons ago. Khem Kong last year too.
UNLV-crowd-basketball-MikeMoser-cutout-1330993120i.jpg

khem_kong_p.jpg

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have a another young PG, that played substantial minutes last year, and should be able to learn a ton from Doolin. I think Rashad Vaughn is a one and done. Also Christina Wood looks to have put on a couple pounds from last year as a true freshman. Think there will definite growing pains in the beginning of the season, but they could be good. I have seen the MWC rankings, from different outlets, that have the Rebels anywhere from 3rd to 7th in the division. This means they could be anywhere. I hope they are in the higher end, and are playing well enough by the conference tourney to possibly win it. Cautiously optimistic at this point thought.

Well let's see how it turns out, I'm excited to see this season and how it turns out...

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where did you live out here, and/or what school did you go to?

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I grew up across the street from Lorenzi Park, actually got picked up on a goof game by Freddy Banks one day. He was out there shooting around with a bunch of kids. He picked me to play on his team and i have been a Rebel fan ever since. Dude was so cool.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I grew up across the street from Lorenzi Park, actually got picked up on a goof game by Freddy Banks one day. He was out there shooting around with a bunch of kids. He picked me to play on his team and i have been a Rebel fan ever since. Dude was so cool.

Freddy was one of my favorites.... I loved the old days when they played in the convention center, watching Tarks offense grow and grow every year, Richard Box was another favorite of mine....

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a friend who got almost got car jacked by Moses Scurry

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CBS has there first "Bracket" out for the season, got the Reb's seated #11

Interesting. I am going to the game on Friday against Moorehead. I will let you know what i think. They got railed by UCLA in an exhibition, but thats to be expected early for these guys. They are going to have a brutal out of conference schedule this season. I think they were counting on some player being here when they set it up. Birch leaving last season really hurt the team as a whole.