• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

UNLV Basketball

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me too, I think at that time there was some talk he wouldn't live to be there...

I know I'm a bit biased but Tark should have gotten into the HOF years ago. The Runnin' Rebels program was nothing before he showed up & turned them into a national powerhouse.

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I'm a bit biased but Tark should have gotten into the HOF years ago. The Runnin' Rebels program was nothing before he showed up & turned them into a national powerhouse.

Many people dont realize that when he was being investigated by the NCAA, it was because of UNLV's own Athletic Director. He didnt like that Tark had more power than himself, and he couldnt control Tark. So his own ego caused him to report Tark for a bunch of bullshit. Tark sued the NCAA and won, but most people dont know it was from within our own program that he was sabotaged.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Many people dont realize that when he was being investigated by the NCAA, it was because of UNLV's own Athletic Director. He didnt like that Tark had more power than himself, and he couldnt control Tark. So his own ego caused him to report Tark for a bunch of bullshit. Tark sued the NCAA and won, but most people dont know it was from within our own program that he was sabotaged.

That former AD was an asshole. Tark is a Las Vegas legend for putting the Runnin' Rebels on the CBB map. Just hope Dave Rice can get them going in the right direction again. Hey speaking of Dave Rice is his brother still the hoops coach @ Bishop Gorman? If so hopefully Gorman can become a UNLV pipeline.

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That former AD was an asshole. Tark is a Las Vegas legend for putting the Runnin' Rebels on the CBB map. Just hope Dave Rice can get them going in the right direction again. Hey speaking of Dave Rice is his brother still the hoops coach @ Bishop Gorman? If so hopefully Gorman can become a UNLV pipeline.

He is at Gorman. We have been getting more kids from Findlay Prep than anywhere. Most of the top Gorman kids arent even from Vegas, and they tend to go elsewhere. Findlay Prep though has been a steady contributor.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is at Gorman. We have been getting more kids from Findlay Prep than anywhere. Most of the top Gorman kids arent even from Vegas, and they tend to go elsewhere. Findlay Prep though has been a steady contributor.

Glad to hear that some of the Findlay kids are going to UNLV. I remember watching Tristan Thompson & Corey Joseph when they played there. Really wanted at least one of them to play for the Runnin' Rebels. Damn those Longhorns!

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad to hear that some of the Findlay kids are going to UNLV. I remember watching Tristan Thompson & Corey Joseph when they played there. Really wanted at least one of them to play for the Runnin' Rebels. Damn those Longhorns!

We get kids from there every year, shit that where Bennett came from. Its like the Canadian pipe line.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ole Tark has been on a steady decline for a few years now. I saw them wheel him out into the Mack at the Moorehead game. He looked like he was already gone. Sad to see an icon of Vegas and UNLV wither away.

It's a wonder he's still alive. He looked like he already had a foot in the grave 25 years ago during their hay day.............make that an arm and a shoulder as well.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awful result. I hate to say this but unless someone other than SDSU wins the conference tourney, this very well might be a one bid league. Seriously. It could definitely happen. Sucks.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rebels got Stanford tonight. Should be a good test for all the young guys.

You can say that again. I was pretty shocked at the lack of gameplan by UNLV. Satnford had the 3 falling all night but it seemed like UNLV dropped out early.

Also, saw where Tark is in really bad shape and fighting for his life.

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what a fucking aweful game. Stanford is a really good team with a ton of experience compared to UNLV. They should have abandoned the zon e when Stanford started dropping 3's like they did. Chris Wood should have been benched for defensive effort and taking wild shots. Terrible game all around.