• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Underrated Non-QB Football Players

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Robert Ayers has been extremely underrated lately too IMO. He may have been the signing of the offseason for the Giants.
Ayers has been very good when I've seen him play this year. He was widely regarded as a bust in Denver, since his production never matched up to how highly he was drafted. I had a feeling, however, that the Giants would use his bull rushing ability by lining him up inside on passing downs. That is something they've done and Ayers has taken advantage.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a wild card. Justin Bethel. Made the pro bowl last year... he plays on Special Teams and I've never seen someone impact the game as much as he does. Always hear his name popping up making big plays.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 506.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will choose from the team I know best.
My pick is Byron Maxwell, Seattle #2 CB.
Since he starts opposite Sherm, I feel he gets a plethora of challenges. More than anyone in the LOB. He seldom gives up a TD and is almost always in his guy's back pocket. He has been hurt and missed a few games this year.
In our SB run Maxwell was almost as shut down as Sherman.
Great tackler, causes fumbles, intercepts when possible, and is a tough, heady player.
Some Hawk fans would disagree with me, but that is cool.
This is the last year on the rookie contract he signed for 4/$2.1M.
I hope we can resign him, but I am a bit concerned about it. The Seahawks have 2 decent players behind him on the depth chart in Simon and Lane.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Maxwell's a good one. I think he's keenly aware of his looming, offseason, free-agent status.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Conner Barwin. Does everything for a mediocre Eagles D. 2nd in the NFL in sacks and is NOT a blitzing OLB. Was JJ Watts backup.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ron Parker's a good call. Mike Mayock pointed him out on his "slants" segment, so people may be starting to take notice.

Robert Ayers has been extremely underrated lately too IMO. He may have been the signing of the offseason for the Giants.

The issue with Parker is he can't play press which is a big deal in the defense that he is in. Initial signs do say he could be a pretty solid zone CB (recall his performance against Buffalo against Sammy Watkins). Truthfully, he would be a much, much, much better FS than he would be a corner. I just hope Bob Sutton and the rest of the coaching staff agrees with my take on it and returns him to a safety role that he had while Eric Berry was out.

Good FS, mediocre and flawed FS playing CB is a no no against the right QB. Needs the play to be in front of him.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably some offensive lineman or long snapper.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably some offensive lineman or long snapper.

The guy for the OL that has impressed me is Joel Bitonio for the Browns. The guy is lighting it up as a rookie. Unfortunately OL players cannot win rookie of the year awards it seems like so he won't get recognized for all he is doing but the guy is already a top-5 LG in the NFL in my opinion as a rookie.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
The guy for the OL that has impressed me is Joel Bitonio for the Browns. The guy is lighting it up as a rookie. Unfortunately OL players cannot win rookie of the year awards it seems like so he won't get recognized for all he is doing but the guy is already a top-5 LG in the NFL in my opinion as a rookie.

Bitonio is actually getting quite a bit of hype.

Who's an OL who maybe filled in for an injured guy or signed for just a little money who's having a great year?

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seriously hes a highly rated kicker but guys like vinatieri........

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bitonio is actually getting quite a bit of hype.

Who's an OL who maybe filled in for an injured guy or signed for just a little money who's having a great year?

I guess I have only heard one time somebody mention his play. I have heard a ton about Zach Martin of the Cowboys and in my opinion Bitonio has outplayed him but because he plays on Cleveland doesn't quite get the media attention. Maybe I just don't watch enough sports as I just have hardly heard his name mentioned.

I would say a guy that came onto a new team that has surprised me with his play that was injured last year is Donald Penn for the Raiders. I know the whole team sucks but Penn has played very well for new team, new quarterback, and coming off injury.

Caynine29

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good call on E.J. Gaines, NinerSickness. Which is in perfect contrast to the overrated Janoris Jenkins.

In sticking with the Rams theme, I'd say S TJ McDonald and RB Benny Cunningham.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the Pats I'd go with DE Rob Ninkovich. Not especially big or fast, he just makes plays.....big plays.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bobby Wagner. Look how the run defense for the Seahawks did a 180 turn with him now back in the lineup.