• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Unbelievable

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again you obviously have no clue what freedom of speech actually means. It only pertains to the government censoring someone not a private business telling an employee what they are allowed to say. This amendment was written so the government couldn't control what the people said like you see in China and North Korea. Private businesses have every right to do what the NFL did. He can make the decision to stick with what he said but then the NFL can also make the decision to fire him. Both have every right to do so

okay so it's okay for a business to tell its employees what they can think, got you

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
okay so it's okay for a business to tell its employees what they can think, got you

They can't control what you think but as soon as you voice those thoughts yes they can decide whether or not those words line up with them as an organization and can take action. Again he doesn't have to apologize but the business then has the right to fire him if they want.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can't control what you think but as soon as you voice those thoughts yes they can decide whether or not those words line up with them as an organization and can take action. Again he doesn't have to apologize but the business then has the right to fire him if they want.[/QUOTE

i still see what you are saying as thought police type conduct. you are not allowed to have an opinion that is contrary to what the company says.

in other words don't say anything until you have received permission or guidelines of what you are allowed to think

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can't control what you think but as soon as you voice those thoughts yes they can decide whether or not those words line up with them as an organization and can take action. Again he doesn't have to apologize but the business then has the right to fire him if they want.[/QUOTE

i still see what you are saying as thought police type conduct. you are not allowed to have an opinion that is contrary to what the company says.

in other words don't say anything until you have received permission or guidelines of what you are allowed to think

Have you been living under a rock? This has always been the case within private enterprise.

Lemme guess....you're some teen who who has no real work experience yet, am I right? Got a lot to learn, young grasshopper

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Are you seriously saying that you DON'T want companies/businesses to be able to determine how it handles employee conduct??

Think about how that may work outside of this Sam situation, and get back to us.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, we know. :L

NFL Don Jones apologizes for tweet - ESPN

Please quit the "I dont know what the hell is going on" act. Seriously, it gets old. You may require a trial to determine his intent, the rest of us dont.

I guess I need to strengthen my fortune telling ability. After reading your post, I went right out and bought a crystal ball and tarot cards, because I was so distraught at my lack of mind reading ability. I've also enlisted a mystic, a Native American medicine man and a witch who knows 100's of potions and remedies. I'm gonna get this right and learn to see/read intent like you can. :suds:

germanjohn

Splendiferous Puddin' Pop
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is it the longer I stay in this country the more I fucking hate it

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Again they are not telling you what to think. If you are against anything gay related that is fine. You have a right to your opinion in that sense. As soon as you start voicing that opinion though you open yourself up to the possibility that there could be consequences for the things that you voice. This is why so many people who scream "FREEDOM OF SPEECH" again have no clue what that actually means. It does not give you permission to say whatever you want whenever you want to whoever you want and not have some sort of consequences for those actions. Just like the other day on Twitter some girl posted on American Airlines account that she was planning on bringing a bomb the next time she flew on a plane. It doesn't matter that she was joking as those kind of words have to be taken seriously by an airline and the girl ended up getting in some major trouble. The same goes for those who harass others say online leading to them either having a psychological breakdown or worse killing themselves. There can be criminal charges brought up against those people.

Now yes those are extreme cases but it can be the same for an office type setting. What this player said could be very hurtful towards a player who maybe is gay in the locker room making it very difficult to feel comfortable around this player and wondering if others have that same thought. If the business decides they want to protect those type of people from any kind of ridicule in the work force then they will do that. Throw in this is Miami who just went through a very public ordeal with bullying so again this is probably why they came down so harshly as they don't want to be known as the organization that is full of a bunch of jerks.

Caynine29

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so our freedom of speech does not exist anymore

The First Amendment is alive and well.

Last I checked, Don Jones hasn't been gagged, handcuffed and hauled off in an unmarked sedan to some government black-site for his comments. He hasn't even been so much as placed on a "watch list" of any kind.

The same 1st Amendment that allows you freedom of speech, also allows the Miami Dolphins (a privately held entity) the right to discipline, as they see fit, any employee who they deem harmful to the brand and unbecoming of it's core values.

In short... Jones is still free to say whatever he wants. What he's NOT free from, are the consequences of his decision to do so.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom line is Jones was a moron for saying that on social media. Say it to your friends or whovever, but why post it. I kind of feel bad for Sterling who in the privacy of his home, is recorded and blackmailed. Now the NBA not only hits him with a big fine, but wants to pull his franchise after 30 years , and he is the owner. Stop this freedom of speech rants. Think what you want, say things to your close trusted friends, but dont post and leave yourself wide open. Dope is lucky to be playing for an NFL team.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom line is Jones was a moron for saying that on social media. Say it to your friends or whovever, but why post it. I kind of feel bad for Sterling who in the privacy of his home, is recorded and blackmailed. Now the NBA not only hits him with a big fine, but wants to pull his franchise after 30 years , and he is the owner. Stop this freedom of speech rants. Think what you want, say things to your close trusted friends, but dont post and leave yourself wide open. Dope is lucky to be playing for an NFL team.

The Sterling situation is the one I can't believe nobody is screaming about how his rights were violated in all of this. I guess nobody wants to side with a bigot but if anybody has had their rights violated it is this guy. The I'm guessing Ex-Mistress should have criminal charges brought up against her for her actions in all of this. If there is a situation that is just blowing up out of control it would be this one in my opinion. Heck heard Lebron is threatening to not play next year if Sterling is still an owner. Yes I don't agree with what this guy said but I also understand we have all said things in the privacy of our own home that we would rather not have made public as I'm sure all of us have at one time or another said something that many people would find horrendous. It doesn't mean we actually mean what we say but in the heat of a moment we have all said things we regret later. This guy just happened to be recorded doing so and was publically humiliated.

ram29jackson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saying he comment was really, really, really stupid on its face. Lawyering up. Any argument that the comment was reasonable would have to come from a quarter-wit.

Zoolander.jpg

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hate when they take away your freedom of thought , mind control. Whats next Manchurian candidate workplace? Boss yells at you " hey stop thinking about going to the strip club after and get back to work"

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Sterling situation is the one I can't believe nobody is screaming about how his rights were violated in all of this. I guess nobody wants to side with a bigot but if anybody has had their rights violated it is this guy. The I'm guessing Ex-Mistress should have criminal charges brought up against her for her actions in all of this. If there is a situation that is just blowing up out of control it would be this one in my opinion. Heck heard Lebron is threatening to not play next year if Sterling is still an owner. Yes I don't agree with what this guy said but I also understand we have all said things in the privacy of our own home that we would rather not have made public as I'm sure all of us have at one time or another said something that many people would find horrendous. It doesn't mean we actually mean what we say but in the heat of a moment we have all said things we regret later. This guy just happened to be recorded doing so and was publically humiliated.

I agree 100% and I hope Lebron doesnt play next year. I'll not play and forfeit my 20 mill for 82 games, I 'll show you. And your right, that broad should do some time, for taping the guy and then blackmail. If my employer says derogatory things about my race, or nationality but pays me booku coin, I block it out, grab my escarole and retire rich. I'll think this dirty mofo every time I see him, but with a smile

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just found this, seems appropriate

free_speech.png