• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ump admits Nava was safe, Rays add Crain, the Padres actually won a game!

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that theory is good for monday morning quarterbacking but what went wrong for the jays really didn't fall on the shoulders of them "good" players. morrow was bad. dickey who wasn't part of the last place marlins isn't pitching good. no romero, happ goes out buehrle actually has been the best pitcher the last two months. reyes has been very good when in the line up. that fluke injury killed his season. everything that could go wrong with the jays did go wrong. that's it. like i said i wouldn't blow up the team. just tweak some things.

Things that were predicted pre-season.

Dickey would suck
Beurhle would suck
Reyes would be oft injured and would suck until the Jays were comfortably out of contention
Johnson would be DL'd at some point

It might be easier if you mentioned what we didn't get right...

which leaves Happ, Romero and Morrow...those are 3 guys you can't trust enough to pin post season hopes on...

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he has benefited from being in a better line up and has performed well. Can he keep it up we will see, but at the end of the day he needs to stay on the field.

not crying like a woman when he gets a boo-boo foot would be a plus...

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know who is awesome. Hanley Ramirez, that's who.

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it is the Tree of Life!

Looks like it was drawn with a sharpie by a 10 year old...

This is why you never get a tattoo on your back...because you really can't see yourself getting disfigured for life until it's done...

heatwave31

i'll have the last laugh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Things that were predicted pre-season.

Dickey would suck
Beurhle would suck
Reyes would be oft injured and would suck until the Jays were comfortably out of contention
Johnson would be DL'd at some point

It might be easier if you mentioned what we didn't get right...

which leaves Happ, Romero and Morrow...those are 3 guys you can't trust enough to pin post season hopes on...
actually buehrle hasn't sucked. he sucked early but not lately. he is what i expected him to be i didn't have any hopes of him being more or less than what he has been. reyes actually has been good from day one. not since they went out of contention. Johnson would be better if he was DLed for the whole season. he has 1 win. count it. one win. Nobody thought that would be possible. not even you guys

Teal Swordsman

Marlins Fan Base
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to take this time to thank the Blue Jays for taking off a lot of salary with very little impacting performance off of the Marlins hands.

Now be a good organization and take Jeff Loria back to Canada so he can kill the other Canadian MLB franchise too. Miami has a lot of promise, but, despite 2 championships, have had shitty owners that have treated the team like a cash cow instead of an MLB franchise looking to build a tradition and a fan base.

RedSoxWorrld

Brock wears female undies
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to take this time to thank the Blue Jays for taking off a lot of salary with very little impacting performance off of the Marlins hands.

Now be a good organization and take Jeff Loria back to Canada so he can kill the other Canadian MLB franchise too. Miami has a lot of promise, but, despite 2 championships, have had shitty owners that have treated the team like a cash cow instead of an MLB franchise looking to build a tradition and a fan base.

at least you have the championships

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
actually buehrle hasn't sucked. he sucked early but not lately. he is what i expected him to be i didn't have any hopes of him being more or less than what he has been. reyes actually has been good from day one. not since they went out of contention. Johnson would be better if he was DLed for the whole season. he has 1 win. count it. one win. Nobody thought that would be possible. not even you guys

He's sucked rather consistently...he just followed up a 5 game stretch in which he gave up 19 ER in 31 innings (5.52 ERA). He was great in his last start...against? Houston...whoopedie doooo!.

Reyes played 10 games before going on the shelf for 2 months...Since coming back? He's been good, not great...

Johnson? we all said he was injury prone...he's clay's evil twin brother...what happened? He got hurt early? And it's been an abortion of a season. Were the results predicted exactly? nope...were the major cause of those results predicted? Yes.

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Baseball in florida is a hopeless cause.....the Rays recent success has proven that (insert ballpark location complaint), and the Marlins 2 WS victories not being noticed by anyone down there cements it.

Move one to OKC, and the other to Portland Or...

Floffman

Tailor Suit and Satchel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Red Sox "may be willing to part with whatever it takes" in hopes of acquiring the Marlins' Giancarlo Stanton, a league source tells MLB.com's Joe Frisaro. Still, the Marlins have pretty much closed the door on trading Stanton for now.

Hmmmmmm.....

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Food for thought:

Mike Carp OPS = 1.000
He is weaker against LHP where his OPS is .759 (small sample size, but still)

However

Mike Napoli OPS .810
Mike Napoli OPS against LHP is .791.

Are we sure the Sox don't want start playing Carp at first more often, even if it is against a LHP?