• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ump admits Nava was safe, Rays add Crain, the Padres actually won a game!

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,849,613.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doubront now w/ 14 straight starts of 3 ER or less. Matches Martinez ('02) for longest single-season streak by a Sox since '96

^^^^ That is impressive. Didn't realize he has been that good for that long this season.

heatwave31

i'll have the last laugh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good good

back to the drawing board for the Jays....too many bright shiny new objects that dulled quickly over time. nice of them to win 12 in a row to get my hopes up...

i still think Gibbons is not a good fit.
i said gibbons wasn't the guy day one.. didn't like the pick of him. wanted sandy alomar jr. been hearing soscia is gonna get canned and could be a candidate for the TOR job. this is the most disappointing season i have had to endure from the jays. i thought for sure this was the year. everything that could go wrong has gone wrong. i don't think they should blow it up tho.

Floffman

Tailor Suit and Satchel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I am late but the Sox should have never been in the game.

Rays got 9 hits and only scored 2 runs. Flukey game if you ask me...saw highlights as MLB tonight popped in.

Floffman

Tailor Suit and Satchel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes a lot of sense if you ask me. They can lock him down through the 2015 season. I know the injuries are a little concerning but you need a front line guy.

Yankees are in trouble with CC sucking and Kuroda thinking about going back to Japan so they will have to pay that mother.

Do we know if the Sox are on Lee's 20 team NTC?

im sure NY is tho

wife spitters

bgko11

It gets u every time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i said gibbons wasn't the guy day one.. didn't like the pick of him. wanted sandy alomar jr. been hearing soscia is gonna get canned and could be a candidate for the TOR job. this is the most disappointing season i have had to endure from the jays. i thought for sure this was the year. everything that could go wrong has gone wrong. i don't think they should blow it up tho.

at least the bullpen wasn't a shit storm, fwiw

agree tho, not really blow up worthy

Floffman

Tailor Suit and Satchel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good good

back to the drawing board for the Jays....too many bright shiny new objects that dulled quickly over time. nice of them to win 12 in a row to get my hopes up...

i still think Gibbons is not a good fit.

Pretty sure a lot of us were saying this going into the season.

Getting a lot of "good" players from a team that finished last isn't how you build a winner.

Just saying.

Floffman

Tailor Suit and Satchel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im sure NY is tho

wife spitters

Get a hotter wife or put her on a treadmill and we wont spit on her.

But all in all just one dick head fan. That is like saying snoogins = you.

I know he is reading this too and planning my execution since last time I said something to him he had a hissy fit on the other site. Pickles had to talk him off the ledge.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get a hotter wife or put her on a treadmill and we wont spit on her.

But all in all just one dick head fan. That is like saying snoogins = you.

I know he is reading this too and planning my execution since last time I said something to him he had a hissy fit on the other site. Pickles had to talk him off the ledge.

doesnt surprise me

bgko11

It gets u every time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure a lot of us were saying this going into the season.

Getting a lot of "good" players from a team that finished last isn't how you build a winner.

Just saying.

lots of question marks for sure going in, depended on chemistry and if the "goods" were really good.

in the case of the 3 starting pitchers (Dickey, Buehrle and JJ), they weren't.

Floffman

Tailor Suit and Satchel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lots of question marks for sure going in, depended on chemistry and if the "goods" were really good.

in the case of the 3 starting pitchers (Dickey, Buehrle and JJ), they weren't.

Heat said they won the world series on March 15th...

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dumbest box of rocks getting a paycheck to write about baseball...

He's comparing it to the beckett deal...what he's not factoring? When the Sox traded for beckett, he was 26 years old, and had 2 years of arbitration eligibility remaining. He made approx $11m over those 2 years before the Sox extended him.

Lee is 34, and is owed about $72m guaranteed for the next 2 1/2 years ($87m for 3 1/2 if the option is picked up or vests). The relative value of the 2 pitchers can't be compared...Beckett's was MUCH higher because of the team friendly contract.

This isn't to say lee has no value, he still has substantial. If the Phillies are going to move him, there are literally 2 or 3 teams that would be interested...when beckett was dealt? Every team in baseball had some measure of interest...thus the high return the Marlins got.

2 MLB or near MLB top prospects not named Bogaerts or Bradley, plus 2 or 3 lower level guys.

Something like Workman, choice of WMB or Cecchini, Owens and a lesser prospect or 2....that would be a fucking humongous score for Lee...Bogaerts? untouchable...Bradley? Untouchable.

RedSoxWorrld

Brock wears female undies
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good song:

Sleigh Bells "Infinity Guitars"

Lord Scalious

Shut up World
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dumbest box of rocks getting a paycheck to write about baseball...

He's comparing it to the beckett deal...what he's not factoring? When the Sox traded for beckett, he was 26 years old, and had 2 years of arbitration eligibility remaining. He made approx $11m over those 2 years before the Sox extended him.

Lee is 34, and is owed about $72m guaranteed for the next 2 1/2 years ($87m for 3 1/2 if the option is picked up or vests). The relative value of the 2 pitchers can't be compared...Beckett's was MUCH higher because of the team friendly contract.

This isn't to say lee has no value, he still has substantial. If the Phillies are going to move him, there are literally 2 or 3 teams that would be interested...when beckett was dealt? Every team in baseball had some measure of interest...thus the high return the Marlins got.

2 MLB or near MLB top prospects not named Bogaerts or Bradley, plus 2 or 3 lower level guys.

Something like Workman, choice of WMB or Cecchini, Owens and a lesser prospect or 2....that would be a fucking humongous score for Lee...Bogaerts? untouchable...Bradley? Untouchable.

Why do you keep assuming they wouldn't eat a chuck of that contract if they are looking to trade him?
Pretty sure they know his Value is deflated because of his contract.

But yes the Article is pretty dumb

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you keep assuming they wouldn't eat a chuck of that contract if they are looking to trade him?
Pretty sure they know his Value is deflated because of his contract.

They could...and in that case the return would be better...but the Sox could still keep bogaerts and bradley out of it, and still significantly sweeten it...

Substitute workman for Ranaudo...Workman is already in the majors, but Ranaudo has a much higher cieling. With Owens? That would be Bostons top 2 pitching prospects, plus a 3rd baseman with all star potential...

That's not enough?

Floffman

Tailor Suit and Satchel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They could...and in that case the return would be better...but the Sox could still keep bogaerts and bradley out of it, and still significantly sweeten it...

Substitute workman for Ranaudo...Workman is already in the majors, but Ranaudo has a much higher cieling. With Owens? That would be Bostons top 2 pitching prospects, plus a 3rd baseman with all star potential...

That's not enough?

Phillies need to do something today. I see them making a move, with their asking price coming down on some of their pieces.

Unless Amrao really wants to fuck this team moving forward.

Also who wins the Peavy Derby?

RedSoxWorrld

Brock wears female undies
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phillies need to do something today. I see them making a move, with their asking price coming down on some of their pieces.

Unless Amrao really wants to fuck this team moving forward.

Also who wins the Peavy Derby?

Peavy to Oakland or Boston (Oakland was latest favorite)

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
papelbon is determined to run his mouth right out of philly lol

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NOt sure if anyone saw this, posted it late last night....this is the women Anthony Weiner destroyed his political career over.

two--350x600.jpg

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peavy to Oakland or Boston (Oakland was latest favorite)

I think Oakland knows Colon is about be sat down for the season and will be the more desperate...

I don't want a splash move with this sox team...I still think it's too premature as they still don't know what the have in all these prospects...

this is year 1 of what I thought was going to be a 2-3 year plan...it's not the time...next year? next offseason? Yes..today? No...