• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

UM Football Recruits 2014 and beyond

Blue1012

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mind Gardner running. There is always one really bad turnover in every game that I would like for him to not make.

maize77blue

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if Gardner took over when Hoke became coach. He could of been a great qb right now, but I do think he is going to be better than average though. It all depends on our o line and running game.
But could Hoke and co. could do? We would be upset if we had another losing season. And Drob would be great as a slot reciever or RB. That is my two sense in that matter.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think DG was firmly entrenched in Hoke's doghouse spring 2012!

From what I read and heard Bellomy had caught up to DG and if a QB change was needed it would be 50/50 over who got 2nd team. The fact Bellomy fell apart against Nebraska and suffered an injury was a very fortuitous turn of events for DG.

Since that time it appears DG has crawled out of the doghouse and cemented himself as the true #1. It again didn't urt that Bellomy goy injured yet again, but DG was clearly #1 even before Bellomy blew out his knee.

The fact Hoke was seriously looking at Bellomy to jump DG, thats if you believe what I just wrote, then I think DG will need to have a solid year performance wise to stay on Hoke/Borgess good side. That may mean spending more time in the pocket. Relying on the running game, and being a competent passer.

If DG falters I think you have a three way competition next season between DG, Bellomy, and Morris.

The last thing Hoke wants is another DRob type QB. He has recruited big tough grind em out O-Line, quality RBs, and solid TEs. They become less useful if thhe Wolverines have a run first option at QB.....but thats just my 2 cents :L

Blue1012

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree something happened last year with Gardner that forced him out last spring.

I never saw Bellomy as anything more than depth for this team but Borges is trying to find pure pocket passers to take over the reigns as QB. Regardless, Gardner is our starter and the run game will be the focal point for this team. Fitz is a senior and will probably be the starter for most of the year but Green is going to touch the ball a whole lot.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fitz is a senior and will probably be the starter for most of the year but Green is going to touch the ball a whole lot.

I don't know about that. He is coming off a tough injury and he wasn't exactly lighting the world on fire last year. My guess is Green and Smith will be given every opportunity to win the job with the loser likely to get redshirted.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He was. He firmly believed that he should have been the starting QB and said so when it was announced that Bellomy was going to be the #2 guy. I like the kid. His game is a little loose but he has the potential to be the best QB in the B1G.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2. What he did with what he had. Offense in his first season didn't drop off, even though they started migrating towards the Pro/West Coast style. The defense was lights out compared to what we had the previous 4 seasons. Sure we had 5 losses last season, but when you look at them, only the Bama game was truly horrible. But, Michigan D actually did quite well against the vaunted Bama O-line. The Nebraska game was simply horrific. Realistically looking at the ND, OSU and SC games, Michigan should have won those.

:rollseyes:

Realistically, OSU should've won by 21. Our RZ playcalling was horrible, but we pretty much dominated in every aspect except final score.

Blue1012

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is Green and Smith will be given every opportunity to win the job with the loser likely to get redshirted.

If Green is as good as advertised then he will play but I still think Fitz beats out Green and Smith. And I wouldn't mind either or both getting redshirted but I know Green will not redshirt.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Green is as good as advertised then he will play but I still think Fitz beats out Green and Smith. And I wouldn't mind either or both getting redshirted but I know Green will not redshirt.

The great thing about differences of opinion like this one is we will have an answer in a few months. I like my crow served with a nice cold IPA

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The great thing about differences of opinion like this one is we will have an answer in a few months. I like my crow served with a nice cold IPA

If Green is as good as advertised, you guys aren't going to be needing Fitz. Green's ceiling is significantly higher. He is your best RB since Hart, no doubt.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Green is as good as advertised, you guys aren't going to be needing Fitz. Green's ceiling is significantly higher. He is your best RB since Hart, no doubt.

I'm part of the minority but I think that both Green and Deveon Smith are superior and better suited to Borgess' offense. Fitz should be a big contributor if he is fully healthy. Thanks for the concern.

Blue1012

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I anxious for the BBQ in July. I think JJ will pick OSU and we won't see anyone else commit to us before then. It's possible we fill all our spots for this class after that weekend.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone have a list of recruits attending the BBQ?

Would Michigan take both KJ Williams and Artavis Scott? It seems like Williams is waiting on Scott to make a choice otherwise he would already be Blue.

Blue1012

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would Michigan take both KJ Williams and Artavis Scott?

The staff has made it clear that they will only take one more. I think the coaches are holding the scholarship for Scott and is probably why Williams hasn't committed already. It sucks for this kid but I really do think the staff wants Scott a lot more than him and Williams would be the compensation player if we don't land Scott. However, if Scott doesn't commit after the BBQ then I think the staff will go all in for Williams.

People going to the BBQ according to touch the banner : East Lake prospects(Scott, Campbell,Cole), possibly Hand, hopefully Adoree Jackson, Brian Cole, possibly Tim Settle, Darrion Owens and Montae Nicholson.

Dwight Williams, Jackson's teammate, has scheduled his official visit the week we play Notre Dame. A rumor is going around that the staff wants to move Ferns to outside backer and try to take an inside backer like Williams. I also think it's possible that they want him to commit in hopes it will help land Jackson. Even if its not the reason they want him it couldn't hurt to have a teammate of Jackson's telling him to go to Michigan.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It appears Jon Runyan Jr will be the first commit for class 136. He received the offer today and was quoted as saying that "it's most likely a guarantee that I will commit. I've loved Michigan all my life." Expect a verbal in the coming weeks for the son of a Michigan legend.

maize77blue

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN predictions: Hand, McDowell, Scott, Westphal will pick Michigan | The Detroit News

Espn made these predictions who will commit to who:

DE Da’Shawn Hand (4), Woodbridge, Va. – prediction: Michigan

CB Adoree Jackson (5), Gardena, Calif. – prediction: Florida

S JuJu Smith (60), Long Beach, Calif. – prediction: USC

OT Jamarco Jones (66), Chicago – prediction: Ohio State

DT Malik McDowell (68), Detroit Loyola – prediction: Michigan

WR Corey Holmes (77), Fort Lauderdale, Fla. – prediction: Notre Dame

WR Artavis Scott (89), Tarpon Springs, Fla. – prediction: Michigan

CB Parrker Westphal (91), Bolingbrook, Ill. – prediction: Michigan

RB Joe Mixon (137), Oakley, Calif. – prediction: USC

What do you guy's think about this?

Blue1012

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This list isn't surprising. Now that VT is out of the running for Hand everyone assumes Hand is going to pick Michigan. I too am starting to get a feeling Jackson is Florida bound. Westphal will only be in this class if no other DB prospects commit because he is going to drag out his recruitment for a while and other kids could take his spot.

Coyote57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Getting all four (Hand, McD, Scott and Westphal) would be real coup, in my opinion. Maybe add in that 4* DE in NJ (Garrett?), and I'd say the D is well on its way. Maybe a 4* OL and/or RB to round things out? (If there are that many Schollies left?) But, all 4 of those mentioned would be pretty amazing.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think many of the guys on that list will be deciding their future at a later date and those opinions are subject to change but they seem pretty accurate to me. Jamarco will announce next week. Scott could commit at any time.

The one guy I can't seem to get a grasp on is Adoree. He lives in the LA area but is from Illinois. He has been all over the board on where he is going. I won't believe a word of it until February. The only real association with Michigan is Peppers has been talking to him, but then, Peppers has been talking to everyone.

maize77blue

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we get all of them, it would be great. I just think this will push Michigan into national championship type of team. Hoke and co. is doing a great job, and now it is time to see it on the field. 2015 and 2016 seasons can be very special. LET'S GO BLUE!!!!