• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Uh oh

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Its the NY Post so I cannot believe anything that is written.

The moron quoted "So the facility is at risk" from the arena GM with no context whatsoever

Do a little research and found the full quote in context:
"However, the team will not face any penalties for lost dates and lost revenues for the building. So the facility is at risk". Not only that, there were further quotes such as "We unfortunately have 44 dates in our calendar that are at significant risk right now".

I'd believe the team is in financial strain. Hell,half the ownership is trying to sell out. A bankruptcy though? I'll wait till I hear from someone that I can trust.

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not doubting it....
But I'm going to bet once you see the 47 percent of the team sold it will probably make a big difference.

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I've said. I don't doubt there are financial issues w the team right now.
However I for one do not think Sachs being on a year deal has anything to do w that, I really think Sachs wants proof he can Truely have a shot at winning here before he signs his career away here.

Also as I've said before I highly speculate that these financial issues are mainly due to half of ownership wanting out, and its well known the primary reasons for their wanting out is the buying heads vanderbeek. I have no idea who is right or wrong in that dispute BUT I do think its more than an educated guess that there are smoother waters ahead once the two are separated

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Like I've said. I don't doubt there are financial issues w the team right now.
However I for one do not think Sachs being on a year deal has anything to do w that, I really think Sachs wants proof he can Truely have a shot at winning here before he signs his career away here.

Also as I've said before I highly speculate that these financial issues are mainly due to half of ownership wanting out, and its well known the primary reasons for their wanting out is the buying heads vanderbeek. I have no idea who is right or wrong in that dispute BUT I do think its more than an educated guess that there are smoother waters ahead once the two are separated

I'm not buying that though. He's said for almost 18 months that he wants a long-term deal HERE at every turn.

I agree that once there's one owner things will be better.

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also, while I don't think were in trouble yet, I also don't doubt. that the long term future if this organization depends on 5-7 names.

kovalchuk
parise (hopefully)
josefson
tedenby
larsson
Wedgewood
clermont

and I do mean thus in a financial sense. the majority of them are the textbook example of the type if players that have put butts in seats throughout the league since the lockout. fast and or/highly skilled.
if there is time that the fan base must grow its over the next 5 years

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
ALSO: TG just clarified that the Devils didn't miss the loan payment. They got an extension because they're working on a refinancing arrangement so that JVB can buyout the other share.

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get me wrong I'd love to take zach on his word, but how many impending free agents have you heard say that before

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
From TG:

Hey, I***8217;m not going to pretend that there aren***8217;t signs that they***8217;re trying to be more fiscally responsible lately with the talk of ***8220;budget***8221; and whatnot. I***8217;ve been pointing that out as much as anyone.

But banktruptcy and missing loan payments are another thing.

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Don't get me wrong I'd love to take zach on his word, but how many impending free agents have you heard say that before

They usually say we're working on a deal though. Not, "I want to negotiate now and I won't even use an agent"

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
NY Post strikes out again?

I hate to admit it but Neverson and Brooks could probably write a better article than that guy.

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Here's a perfect example of why I don't believe the Zach wants to make sure we're not going to suck argument:

Q. What would you tell Devils fans right now that see your 1-year deal and are worried you won't be with the team next summer?

PARISE: There's a lot of things that go into signing a contract and a lot of things that people don't know and people, I guess, don't understand. By no means is me signing the 1-year deal saying I'm packing up and leaving. I guess I understand why people would think that and say that, but it wasn't like that. The negotiations weren't like that. It was very professional and everything was done the right way. It's not a lie. We're gonna keep working on it and we're gonna keep trying to get something long-term. We're not just saying it to please everybody, that's the honest truth. That's where everything stands right now.

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ITS ALL KOVY'S FAULT! ;)

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We've had this debate about Kovy half a dozen times. People want to say he has nothing to do with it, but that's not true, IMO.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
no i blame insane crazy ticket prices and i blame "boring" hockey. yeah i said it....i'm the biggest devils fan you will meet but im sorry not going to fork over good money to watch 2-1 3-1 hockey games. god forbid the team has a lead going into the 3rd its just dump and chase for the entire 3rd. sure they get the wins doing that but bottom line is this is ENTERTAINMENT i dont find it entertaining. doesnt mean i'm not a fan just not willing to pay the prices. i'm glad they are trying to get away from that with kovalchuk and no pando/madden or matching lines but it will take sometime to get away from that thinking people have around here.

they also have to drop the ticket prices. just dont understand this! they have about what 13 sections for tickets? thats insane! gotta make that more simple! there should only be say 5 price points for the entire arena. those empty seats dont buy food/drinks or pay parking.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
o and i also dont really buy the story too much. i really doubt someone as smart with money as beek would tell banks to "get lost" heck i dont even think people not smart with money would do that.

i also do believe that parise is still going to walk after this year :( but we will see

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think the Cap ceiling is too high. This is the NHL not MLB. There are teams in MLB with lower payrolls than the Cap floor of the NHL. There are only 41 home dates in the NHL with arenas that seat anywhere from 16,500 to 25000.

There's only so much money a NHL team can make. If true I hope things can be resolved quickly.