• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Uh oh

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I do honestly think Kovy's contact has a little of the blame in the matter, the high ticket prices have more of the blame.

I do wonder this though, how many Devils fans actually find the team "boring"? And when I say Devils fans, I dont mean Rangers fans that switched to Boston mid-season :)

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off, get your facts straight. Secondly, dont get mad at me cause your team cant manage its money. Keep it up with the Rags jokes fuckers, when both the Bruins and Rags are above you fucks in the standings, I'll be laughing. Gonna be a long season of laughing. :nod:

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awe, its ok Jeff...we know you dont want the new season to start..its hard picking a new team :).

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no i blame insane crazy ticket prices and i blame "boring" hockey. yeah i said it....i'm the biggest devils fan you will meet but im sorry not going to fork over good money to watch 2-1 3-1 hockey games. god forbid the team has a lead going into the 3rd its just dump and chase for the entire 3rd. sure they get the wins doing that but bottom line is this is ENTERTAINMENT i dont find it entertaining. doesnt mean i'm not a fan just not willing to pay the prices. i'm glad they are trying to get away from that with kovalchuk and no pando/madden or matching lines but it will take sometime to get away from that thinking people have around here.

they also have to drop the ticket prices. just dont understand this! they have about what 13 sections for tickets? thats insane! gotta make that more simple! there should only be say 5 price points for the entire arena. those empty seats dont buy food/drinks or pay parking.

I am more entertained by a 2-1 win than a 6-5 loss. I'd rather watch tehm dump it for a period and win than play wide open and lose.

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still say the the best game was where Elias got the shootout goal to give is the 1-0 win at the Garden. Again, I dont find the style of play boring...i dunno, maybe casual fans do...

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
For me personally, the more goals are scored, the more it cheapens them for me. I watch basketball and I can't get why people cheer like crazy for one basket. I mean they score 100 baskets a night for a game.. Doesn't make sense to me.

Second, it's silly to say that a 2-1 game can't be entertaining. In fact, I usually find them to be much more entertaining than a 8-5 game.

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'd also like to point out that the ticket prices being too high isn't an excuse. Just this past season they started that fan section where you could get seasons for $22. That's nuts. Second, it's apparent that despite making the transition to the Kovy era, the Devils attendance is going to hinge on winning, not skating the puck in circles and losing.

This is a fact because, they had more season tix subscribers last year than they did the year before, but still lost huge amounts in attendance. This is because the team sucked, not because they were boring.

Last edited by a moderator:

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, the $22 are for the real fans. But think about the expensive seats the real fans/average joe/upper middle class cant afford to buy more than once or twice a season. Those are the seats that are hurting us.

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yea, the $22 are for the real fans. But think about the expensive seats the real fans/average joe/upper middle class cant afford to buy more than once or twice a season. Those are the seats that are hurting us.

I get emails all the time for the lower bowl 50 seats. That's not outrageous IMO.

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, but how many times a season can the average person afford a day off of work/pay for parking/get some food or drinks. And that's just for one person, god forbid you want to take kids.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I do honestly think Kovy's contact has a little of the blame in the matter, the high ticket prices have more of the blame.

I do wonder this though, how many Devils fans actually find the team "boring"? And when I say Devils fans, I dont mean Rangers fans that switched to Boston mid-season :)

Honestly they play a boring brand of hockey. However, they win & that's all that matters. I'd rather go to a game & see my team win. I really don't care how they do it.

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You see, thats why I asked for Devils fans...no go watch your team move to KC ;)

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the hell did Jeff do to deserve the bashing? Jesus guys lighten up almost he did was report it to us

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tilo, buddy I'm usually w you and feel your the receiver and not the giver but neither bolts nor Jeff did anything but offer honest opinions, cup as well.
Relax buddy

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will the new coaching staff change the style of play? I doubt it. Devils fans shouldn't care. Do you think Predators fans care about the fact they don't score much & have a defense first mentality? I don't think so.

The Devils have won 3 Cups with their philosophy. I don't see any reason for them to change it. If the fans of the team don't like it, they don't have to go to the games. You do have a choice. You can Embrace your team & go to the games or not. It's up to you.

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tilo, buddy I'm usually w you and feel your the receiver and not the giver but neither bolts nor Jeff did anything but offer honest opinions, cup as well.
Relax buddy

I thought they could both tell I was joking. Hell, I even sent Jeff a PM...ah well

Edit: And what the hell did I say to Cup?

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sorry sorry, i didn't read it all i got down on my jump to conclusion mat.

i feel shame :L apologies.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Lineback that's just crazy imo. There is nothing entertaining if a team isn't even trying to score for one whole period. I'm not bashing defensive games at all but when teams don't try to score and try to win 2-1 then yes it cheapens the game for me. I agree the game against the rangers was amazing but it was back and forth play. Actual scoring chances....that wasnt the case for thr majority of the late 90s and early 2000s. When madden Pando etc were main key players. Just isn't exciting and I think it turned a lot of people off. It's hard to lose that label once you've been given it.

Tilo is right that 50 is expensive. Let's face the devils are a family oriented team they should embrace it. $50 downstairs for family of 4? That's 200....20 for parkig your out $220(if no ticket fees) before you even get into the building! No wonder those balcony seats behind the nets are always empty. Saw a ton on ticket master at $52? Just insane! Devils want to make a statment... slash prices 35% they would get great pr and you would see a ton more at games

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
llimeback one more thing...Ur ok paying top dollar to watch mainly 2 periods of hockey?

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I prefer games where they score a lot of goals in a crazy comeback