• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

UGA is the 2nd or 3rd best team

HOGGZ1LLA

subsonic66
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean that's easy, most any conf no matter how tough will have a dominant team, the SEC had what 4 different champions in the last decade or so?
Most teams once the get into power the slip up and With Nick Saban Bama rarely slip up, the SEC is a 2 horse race for the Playoff for the foreseeable future with Bama and UGA. But it's from top to bottom that you get strength of conference

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so then maybe ucf should be in.

georgia lost twice whats your point. teams have bad days for a variety of reasons. a loss is still a loss whether its by one or fifty.
My point has nothing to do with whether Georgia should make it. It's that Ohio State has NOTHING to complain about. Don't lose by 30-points to a bad team if you wanna make it. Especially when their schedule was terrible and they still barely won most games (or they were at least competitive games through 3 quarters against bad teams). Ohio State had absolutely no business being in the playoff this year. My point has nothing to do with Georgia.

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so then maybe ucf should be in.

georgia lost twice whats your point. teams have bad days for a variety of reasons. a loss is still a loss whether its by one or fifty.
Also, although both of those are losses. They're not equally as bad. Especially if the close losses are to good teams and the bad losses are to bad teams.

rsw626

Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,356.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UGA lost to the two good teams they played. Their best wins are FL and a way overrated UK
aldoraine-italian5.gif

Nohelp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unbelievable someone things Georgia is that good to be in the top 5 after watching the SEC Championship. What the game showed me is that Bama is not as good as everyone has been saying. Thus, by promoting this fallacy that Georgia is like 2,3 or 4 they are avoid admitting that they were wrong about Bama.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My issue with that is with 4 teams it's still opinion based! It actually made it more about opinions because they took away the computer rankings in the BCS
Not really opinion-based in this case. Georgia had the opportunity to show they belonged by winning their conference championship, just like Michigan did. They both lost the game on the field. No opinion needed (except maybe an opinion on the fake punt call).

They do need to expand to 8 teams and have 5 be the main conference champions and the other 3 be wild cards. Or really just the top 8 ranked teams.

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, although both of those are losses. They're not equally as bad. Especially if the close losses are to good teams and the bad losses are to bad teams.

go tell that to jaguars. they lost to pats by 4 and were still eliminated.

the pats lost by 27 to the chiefs and still won the superbowl.

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point has nothing to do with whether Georgia should make it. It's that Ohio State has NOTHING to complain about. Don't lose by 30-points to a bad team if you wanna make it. Especially when their schedule was terrible and they still barely won most games (or they were at least competitive games through 3 quarters against bad teams). Ohio State had absolutely no business being in the playoff this year. My point has nothing to do with Georgia.

early season losses while teams are in turmoil, don't count as much as late season losses. osu is clearly better than purdue at season's end.

if i were a georgia fan, i'd probably quit watching football for the year after blowing a lead like that against bama's and there 2nd string qb, at home.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're better than most!
Based on what?
Their out of conference schedule was:
Miami
SE Louisiana
Louisiana Tech
Rice
They did win the games, but didn't prove they were better than other teams in other conferences. That's the problem with how college football does the scheduling.

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

says who? osu was not at their best when playing purdue.

Ohio State gained 546 yards to Purdue’s 539 and went 11-for-22 on third downs, compared to Purdue’s 6-for-15.

the game was closer than the score indicates.

Last edited:

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
go tell that to jaguars. they lost to pats by 4 and were still eliminated.

the pats lost by 27 to the chiefs and still won the superbowl.
Such a ridiculous comparison. Because in NFL a loss is a loss no matter how many points you lose by because all that matters is your record. In college record isn't all that matters so who you lose to and by how much does matter. And comparing a postseason loss to a regular season loss...is that really the best you could do?

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
early season losses while teams are in turmoil, don't count as much as late season losses. osu is clearly better than purdue at season's end.

if i were a georgia fan, i'd probably quit watching football for the year after blowing a lead like that against bama's and there 2nd string qb, at home.
Ohio State was clearly better than Purdue at that time too. What's your point? Everybody agrees Purdue isn't any good. Not then or now. And it wasn't an "early season loss" anyway.

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
says who? osu was not at their best when playing purdue.

Ohio State gained 546 yards to Purdue’s 539 and went 11-for-22 on third downs, compared to Purdue’s 6-for-15.

the game was closer than the score indicates.
Says everybody that knows anything about college football. And no kidding about that not being Ohio State at their best.

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You needed to finish the title UGA is the 2nd or 3rd best team not in the playoffs ...

1. ohio state
2. Central Florida
3. Georgia

If it were an 8 team playoff they would be the #8 seed

1. Alabama
2. Clemson
3. Notre Dame
4. Oklahoma
5. ohio state
6. Washington
7. Central Florida
8. Georgia

I got a lot of hate for my opinions on this ... by a bunch of pussies that won't won't quote me :nod::pound: