• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

UGA is the 2nd or 3rd best team

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Such a ridiculous comparison. Because in NFL a loss is a loss no matter how many points you lose by because all that matters is your record. In college record isn't all that matters so who you lose to and by how much does matter. And comparing a postseason loss to a regular season loss...is that really the best you could do?

your record matters in college football too. ohio state. and oklahoma has 1 loss, Georgia had 2 losses.

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
your record matters in college football too. ohio state. and oklahoma has 1 loss, Georgia had 2 losses.
I didn't say it didn't matter, I said it isn't ALL that matters. Otherwise UCF would be in...in case you hadn't noticed they have 0 losses. Try again.

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State was clearly better than Purdue at that time too. What's your point? Everybody agrees Purdue isn't any good. Not then or now. And it wasn't an "early season loss" anyway.

if ohio state is clearly better, whats your point? every team must go unbeaten?

ohio state won 6 straight since the loss, including a rout of the number 5 team. georgia losing to bama, with their second string qb, at home, is not that impressive.

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say it didn't matter, I said it isn't ALL that matters. Otherwise UCF would be in...in case you hadn't noticed they have 0 losses. Try again.

i'm fine with ucf in the final 4. but a 2 loss team isn't getting in.

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ohio state won 6 straight since the loss, including a rout of the number 5 team. georgia losing to bama, with their second string qb, at home, is not that impressive.
Dude, you're terrible at this. Do you think there is a single person that actually thinks Purdue is a better team than Ohio State? I think I've clearly stated my point already. Don't lose to bad teams by 30-points. And all along I'm not saying Georgia should be in so your constant comparisons to Georgia are irrelevant.

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, you're terrible at this. Do you think there is a single person that actually thinks Purdue is a better team than Ohio State? I think I've clearly stated my point already. Don't lose to bad teams by 30-points. And all along I'm not saying Georgia should be in so your constant comparisons to Georgia are irrelevant.

and don't lose two games. no one except georgia fans wants to see bama play georgia again this year.

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and don't lose two games. no one except georgia fans wants to see bama play georgia again this year.
Can you not read? Show me one post where I said Georgia should make it. I like a good sports debate/discussion but your posts aren't even worth responding to anymore because they're so ridiculous. When you decide to actually read what I said, not make up things and make intelligent responses I'll respond again, until then cheerio.

Bamaklingon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bucknuts got blown out, by a Team they were, supposed to blow out.
5th best Team. No higher.
They got punked, and because of the punking, they pissed a Title away.
The end.

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You needed to finish the title UGA is the 2nd or 3rd best team not in the playoffs ...

1. ohio state
2. Central Florida
3. Georgia

If it were an 8 team playoff they would be the #8 seed

1. Alabama
2. Clemson
3. Notre Dame
4. Oklahoma
5. ohio state
6. Washington
7. Central Florida
8. Georgia

Wrong. In an 8-team playoff, Georgia would be the #5 team. Ohio St. would be #6, Central Florida #7, and Michigan #8.

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I do believe that Oklahoma deserved to be in the playoffs over ohio state. Oklahoma avenged their loss nicely. I would have put ohio state and Central Florida in before Georgia. However, Georgia is the best two loss team in college football and may be the second best team in college football, but record and conference championships should mean something.

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you not read? Show me one post where I said Georgia should make it. I like a good sports debate/discussion but your posts aren't even worth responding to anymore because they're so ridiculous. When you decide to actually read what I said, not make up things and make intelligent responses I'll respond again, until then cheerio.
you've been comparing ohio state to georgia and saying Georgia is the second or third best team all thread long. i'm not even sure you know what you are saying, let alone anyone else.

and i never asked you to respond to my posts to begin with.

no go away little boy.

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bucknuts got blown out, by a Team they were, supposed to blow out.
5th best Team. No higher.
They got punked, and because of the punking, they pissed a Title away.
The end.

spoken like a true homer.

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong. In an 8-team playoff, Georgia would be the #5 team. Ohio St. would be #6, Central Florida #7, and Michigan #8.

I think P5 conference champions should be rated higher Washington (instead of Michigan) #6, Georgia #7, Central Florida #8. I would not want to see a rematch so soon on Alabama/Georgia. Georgia may be the 2nd best team in college football.

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do believe that Oklahoma deserved to be in the playoffs over ohio state. Oklahoma avenged their loss nicely. I would have put ohio state and Central Florida in before Georgia. However, Georgia is the best two loss team in college football and may be the second best team in college football, but record and conference championships should mean something.

its a close call between osu and ou. a coin flip should not be the deciding factor on who gets 4th seed, or left out of the playoff altogether. the format needs to be expanded to 8-16 teams.

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its a close call between osu and ou. a coin flip should not be the deciding factor on who gets 4th seed, or left out of the playoff altogether. the format needs to be expanded to 8-16 teams.

8 team is perfect and this year it should NOT include Michigan (my team).

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think P5 conference champions should be rated higher Washington (instead of Michigan) #6, Georgia #7, Central Florida #8. I would not want to see a rematch so soon on Alabama/Georgia. Georgia may be the 2nd best team in college football.

Washington doesn't deserve to be in. They lost 3 games against mostly mediocre teams. No 3-loss team should be in the playoffs.

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It really doesn't need expanding to 8 teams, and definitely not to 16. I could see the possibility of 6 teams, but no more.

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8 team is perfect and this year it should NOT include Michigan (my team).

there's no perfect system. bowl season is 4 weeks long. they could make 16 teams work and get rid of a lot of these insignificant bowls. but what other sport is there only a four team playoff? we go through this discussion every year.

the horseshoe is a difficult place to win, but thats the breaks. they be playing in michigan next year.

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington doesn't deserve to be in. They lost 3 games against mostly mediocre teams. No 3-loss team should be in the playoffs.

They won a P5 Conference ... that's good enough for me ... if they are shitty, they are out in the first round.

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there's no perfect system. bowl season is 4 weeks long. they could make 16 teams work and get rid of a lot of these insignificant bowls. but what other sport is there only a four team playoff? we go through this discussion every year.

the horseshoe is a difficult place to win, but thats the breaks. they be playing in michigan next year.

No excuses we lost ... same with Georgia. We both held our own fate. There is no one worthier than Notre Dame, Central Florida and Georgia that is not a P5 Champion.