• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

UGA is the 2nd or 3rd best team

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama was getting 14 from Georgia as well. They have been double digits favorites in every game this year.

It was 12.5, which is odd, since OU is better than Georgia?!? Seems it’d be much lower?

And I know — Bama was favored by -17 against LSU ON THE ROAD. That is absurd.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently #5 ... but I really don't believe they would have passed over a one loss conference champion for two loss non conference champion.

Well, we are talking about an 8 team playoff, so not sure I would say they were passed over.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they're wearing Gator jerseys they're not UK fans, see how that works? UK fans yes even the football fans re some.of the most passionate and loyal fans around! The basketball only crowd you speak of are.a different breed, theyre the same breed as those Bama football only fans!

Ohh no doubt on that last part. Sadly I know a bunch of UK basketball only fans. That doesn’t mean your real fan base isn’t any less delusional when it comes to basketball. I also know a ton of PSU football/UNC basketball fans. That shits annoying.

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, we are talking about an 8 team playoff, so not sure I would say they were passed over.

I realize that, but I would like to see a little more respect paid to conference champions ... putting a one loss conference champion lower than a two loss non champion is disrespectful. The fact that it's ohio state means it's funny as well.

HOGGZ1LLA

subsonic66
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohh no doubt on that last part. Sadly I know a bunch of UK basketball only fans. That doesn’t mean your real fan base isn’t any less delusional when it comes to basketball. I also know a ton of PSU football/UNC basketball fans. That shits annoying.

It does get annoying, and it pisses us off just as much as it does you!

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll agree with that they choked doesn't change the fact that they're still better than OU, OSU, and ND
They might be. They don't get the chance to prove it because they faltered in what was their playoff game.

I hate that it's pretty much judged by people. Give us the damn 8 team playoff!

HOGGZ1LLA

subsonic66
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They might be. They don't get the chance to prove it because they faltered in what was their playoff game.

I hate that it's pretty much judged by people. Give us the damn 8 team playoff!
It's kinda of scary I agree with the Yahoo Sports staff about UGA many reported are still reporting that UGA should have had the 3rd spot

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fight me!

"Best team" is just a loophole created for TV folks to justify who they want in. OK must be stronger draw. Obviously ND blows GA out of the water in terms of national appeal.

With that said, who cares who is perceived as the best? Sometimes the best teams lose too.

We spend all year watching high ranked teams lose making the "experts" who rank them look like fools (Michigan) but then want to take their advice on who is best for the playoffs? Nah.

I don't care who they think is the best. I care about who wins big games.

OldDevilDawg

Idiot Savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's kinda of scary I agree with the Yahoo Sports staff about UGA many reported are still reporting that UGA should have had the 3rd spot

UGA may or may not be that good. Moot point. They lost a game they should have won and don't deserve to be in the CFP. JMO.

HOGGZ1LLA

subsonic66
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UGA may or may not be that good. Moot point. They lost a game they should have won and don't deserve to be in the CFP. JMO.
The best way I've seen it put, more people came away with a more positive outlook on UGA after the Bama game than not! I still believe even with 2 losses they deserved to be in!

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, that would be like the judges of a snowboarding event putting a competitor through to the next round even though he crashed. Just because they think he is better than that.

Bama will probably beat Oklahoma as they did Georgia. Oklahoma won't get a rematch, I don't think it would be fair to give Georgia one. They had their shot. They blew it. As we said as kids....No do-overs.

HOGGZ1LLA

subsonic66
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This wasn't about them being in the playoffs, even though I'll say again I think they deserved! I personally feel UGA and Clemson are the only 2 that can compete with Bama. Just because the 4th best team lead the entire game and then lost in the final minute to the defacto best team in the country doesn't mean they should drop in ranking or in opinions!

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This wasn't about them being in the playoffs, even though I'll say again I think they deserved! I personally feel UGA and Clemson are the only 2 that can compete with Bama. Just because the 4th best team lead the entire game and then lost in the final minute to the defacto best team in the country doesn't mean they should drop in ranking or in opinions!

It does mean they should drop in rankings. You are correct on the opinion part though.
Actions have consequences. Georgia's action was losing the game. The consequence is not making it into the top 4.