• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tyrann Mathieu (Honey Badger)

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elite is the best of the best. There is not much spread among the top 3 (I like Brady but that's to be expected). The difference between them and Brees is pretty substantial in my mind. The difference between Brees and flacco, or Matt Ryan, my five and six, is much lower than the difference between him and elite.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're cringing to the name "Eli" is the same feeling everytime I hear the name "Flacco". I would easily call Flacco a lucky QB. Both Eli & Flacco have average to subpar regular seasons. I've read far too many headlines that put Flacco & 'Elite' in the same sentence... A bunch of jokesters out there.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flacco isn't elite but he is better than Eli. I don't have a problem with him but there are better quarterbacks.

Flacco is consistent. He doesn't put up stats because that isn't their offense but he takes care of the ball, which is.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flacco isn't elite but he is better than Eli. I don't have a problem with him but there are better quarterbacks.

Flacco is consistent. He doesn't put up stats because that isn't their offense but he takes care of the ball, which is.

Whoa... whoa... whoa... Let's pump the breaks here. Flacco & consistent? Postseason, hell yea... Regular season, hell no. He posted 2 of the worst QBR's that the NFL has seen in the past decade or so. It would be much more fair to say that Flacco is consistent at home. On the road he is a lost puppy.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a difference between elite athletes and elite football players. Is Usain Bolt an elite athlete? Yes. Is Usain Bolt and elite football player? No. Is Tom Brady an elite athlete? No. Is Tom Brady and elite football player? Yes. I wouldn't call Tyrann a nobody because he is a big name rookie, but I do agree that he has proven nothing to this point. BTW - I'm glad you are a realistic 49er fan that doesn't consider Kaep elite considering the years it takes to make that mark.

Tyrann is a nobody at the moment was my words but I see you get that. We will see how he progresses. The 9ers have their own issues to deal with. Elite status is earned ,not given. BTW , how did this thread end up to that? If it was me....my bad. I give you one elite....Joe Montana...bird legs.....need I say more?

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QBR is meaningless to me.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe Flacco Game By Game Stats and Performance - Baltimore Ravens - ESPN

If QBR is meaningless... Then here are a few more stats to chew on. Lots of highs and lows. Coming from a AFCN division rival, I know Flacco better than most. His regular season was very subpar last season. If you think he took care of the ball well, then take a look at his INT stat line.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I am sorry you can't comprehend my original point. It's pretty clear as day. When I wrote it, I should of considered your low functioning brain. Now let's address some of your comprehension issues.

"Do you believe that Tyrann Mattheiu is an elite athlete by NFL DB standards?"
I never said he was. Do I believe he is in terms of raw athleticism? No. Do I believe he can be an elite NFL DB? Yes

"Nobody cares about the combine? I guess they'll be canceling it this year then."
The combine is a pre-draft activity. Once the draft is complete it's pretty much irrelevant. At this point in training camp ones ability to play is judged on the playing field.

"And yes, I was downplaying his athleticism. Someone said he's an elite athlete. You seem to be here arguing that he is. I would love to see your evidence to support that he's an elite NFL athlete."
I am not arguing that he is an elite athlete therefore evidence to support your false claim is unnecessary. I was making the point that the combine is not the standard for true athleticism. If someone said he is an elite athlete, maybe you should respond to their quote.

Is "the voice of reason" meant to be ironic? Nope.

So to summarize, you posted simply to post with no legitimate reason behind your words. I was addressing someone who said he had elite athleticism by providing one form of measurement of athleticism in which he was not elite (and acknowledged it was not a wonderful method, but a method none the less).

--You acknowledge that you do not disagree that he is not an elite athlete--

I particularly enjoy the part where you say my "evidence to support [my] false claim is unnecessary." Why do I enjoy that? Because you go on to say that you were making the point that the combine is not the standard for true athleticism. I never made that point. I, in fact, acknowledged in the first post you quoted it was not the best way to judge athleticism.

I responded to the quote about his elite athleticism. Then the conversation kept going. It isn't my fault you chose to join the conversation without reading the entire thing. You inserted yourself in the middle of a conversation and chose to pretend the multiple posts already on the topic didn't exist. I shouldn't be surprised since you clearly didn't read the first post which you replied to in this thread. Had you, as I've already pointed out, you wouldn't have felt the need to point out that the combine isn't a measure of true athleticism because the post you were quoting already acknowledged that.

To recap.

Poster A: Mattheiu has elite athleticism
Me: No, as evidence here are his combine numbers, in which he wasn't elite in any category. This isn't a great way to measure athleticism, but it is a method.
You: The combine isn't a great way to measure athleticism and no one is talking about him being an elite athlete.
Me: Read the fucking thread.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
2 SuperBowl titles and he's not "elite"? C'mon man!

I can see your point, but that might be a stretch.

Yep, we measure QBs by Super Bowls. Trent Dilfer is the equivalent of Aaron Rodgers, Peyton Manning and Drew Brees.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
There is a difference between elite athletes and elite football players. Is Usain Bolt an elite athlete? Yes. Is Usain Bolt and elite football player? No. Is Tom Brady an elite athlete? No. Is Tom Brady and elite football player? Yes. I wouldn't call Tyrann a nobody because he is a big name rookie, but I do agree that he has proven nothing to this point. BTW - I'm glad you are a realistic 49er fan that doesn't consider Kaep elite considering the years it takes to make that mark.

Seriously, read the whole thread.

The comment that started the discussion you have inserted yourself into is that Matthieu has "elite athleticism." It wasn't that he's an elite football player. You don't get to join a conversation and then reconstruct the argument around what you think should be discussed. There was a topic, you didn't pay attention.

I could argue there is a difference between being an elite athlete and having elite athleticism, but I want to see if you can get on the topic we're currently discussing.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
You're cringing to the name "Eli" is the same feeling everytime I hear the name "Flacco". I would easily call Flacco a lucky QB. Both Eli & Flacco have average to subpar regular seasons. I've read far too many headlines that put Flacco & 'Elite' in the same sentence... A bunch of jokesters out there.

So Eli has been subpar in the regular season, but you want to call him elite?

You find people calling Flacco elite "jokesters," but you think JDM was out of line saying Eli isn't elite?

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So to summarize, you posted simply to post with no legitimate reason behind your words. I was addressing someone who said he had elite athleticism by providing one form of measurement of athleticism in which he was not elite (and acknowledged it was not a wonderful method, but a method none the less).

--You acknowledge that you do not disagree that he is not an elite athlete--

I particularly enjoy the part where you say my "evidence to support [my] false claim is unnecessary." Why do I enjoy that? Because you go on to say that you were making the point that the combine is not the standard for true athleticism. I never made that point. I, in fact, acknowledged in the first post you quoted it was not the best way to judge athleticism.

I responded to the quote about his elite athleticism. Then the conversation kept going. It isn't my fault you chose to join the conversation without reading the entire thing. You inserted yourself in the middle of a conversation and chose to pretend the multiple posts already on the topic didn't exist. I shouldn't be surprised since you clearly didn't read the first post which you replied to in this thread. Had you, as I've already pointed out, you wouldn't have felt the need to point out that the combine isn't a measure of true athleticism because the post you were quoting already acknowledged that.

To recap.

Poster A: Mattheiu has elite athleticism
Me: No, as evidence here are his combine numbers, in which he wasn't elite in any category. This isn't a great way to measure athleticism, but it is a method.
You: The combine isn't a great way to measure athleticism and no one is talking about him being an elite athlete.
Me: Read the fucking thread.
Bla, Bla, Bla...Just shut up. Not even going to read it

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Bla, Bla, Bla...Just shut up. Not even going to read it

Of course you won't. You realize you stuck your foot in your mouth, tried to participate in a conversation you didn't bother reading, and came out looking like an ass.

Maybe just stay home on the JV board.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course you won't. You realize you stuck your foot in your mouth, tried to participate in a conversation you didn't bother reading, and came out looking like an ass.

Maybe just stay home on the JV board.
You bet dude. I'm so embarrassed.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
You bet dude. I'm so embarrassed.

I believe it. Claiming "voice of reason" and not able to stay on topic? Not able to read posts?

That's rough.

You can walk away though. No one will blame (remember) you.

It's cool.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe it. Claiming "voice of reason" and not able to stay on topic? Not able to read posts?

That's rough.

You can walk away though. No one will blame (remember) you.

It's cool.
You got is simpleton I was wrong on all accounts. You win the big prize. :first: I must say, your inability to let it go is quite amusing. You're like a lingering virus. Keep up the great posts!

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Eli has been subpar in the regular season, but you want to call him elite?

You find people calling Flacco elite "jokesters," but you think JDM was out of line saying Eli isn't elite?

Compare Eli's stats to Flucco's. I'll let that speak for itself. I was probably wrong in some aspects to say Eli was subpar. But he shows a hell of a lot more consistency than Flacco.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, we measure QBs by Super Bowls. Trent Dilfer is the equivalent of Aaron Rodgers, Peyton Manning and Drew Brees.

QB's separate themselves from the pack when they can repeat when it counts. Its obviously more up to the team as a unit to make it to that point. Rodgers, Manning, and Brees carried their teams to the Superbowl. They had no defense but still made it there. That speak a lot more volume than the likes of Trent Dilfer being in the right place at the right time. If he didn't have the defense carrying him then there would never have been a chance for Baltimore to even be in the playoffs that year. Rodgers & Brees have more of a chance to repeat.

Your one of those "i'm never wrong" types... I'm sure that does wonders for your social life. Hence the reason you have close to 3.5k posts on here. Sad & lonely are 2 things that come to mind when I see that.

:bawling:

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
QB's separate themselves from the pack when they can repeat when it counts. Its obviously more up to the team as a unit to make it to that point. Rodgers, Manning, and Brees carried their teams to the Superbowl. They had no defense but still made it there. That speak a lot more volume than the likes of Trent Dilfer being in the right place at the right time. If he didn't have the defense carrying him then there would never have been a chance for Baltimore to even be in the playoffs that year. Rodgers & Brees have more of a chance to repeat.

Your one of those "i'm never wrong" types... I'm sure that does wonders for your social life. Hence the reason you have close to 3.5k posts on here. Sad & lonely are 2 things that come to mind when I see that.

:bawling:

See, now you're talking in circles. Eli's elite because he's got Super Bowls, but that doesn't apply to other SB winners.

You're one of those guys who says something without thinking it through, then tries to piece together rationale. I'm sure that's working wonders for your life.

:suds:

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
You got is simpleton I was wrong on all accounts. You win the big prize. :first: I must say, your inability to let it go is quite amusing. You're like a lingering virus. Keep up the great posts!

You're still here posting about this? And talking about an inability to let it go?

Ironic?