• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tyrann Mathieu (Honey Badger)

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're very welcome! You sound bitter... :bawling:

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep... Hit the nail right on the head with that one!

Good burn!

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yep... Hit the nail right on the head with that one!

Good burn!

I'm sorry. I was just being honest. Maybe you're a little older than that. Can't be much though. You're clearly nothing but a troll that doesn't know anything about football, the Niners or Matthieu.

It's cool if that's how you get your kicks when school's out. Do you.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahahaha... Yep I know nothing about football. Google teaches this 7 year old everything! No wonder you sound bitter, you're a niners fan...

:violin:

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Hahahaha... Yep I know nothing about football. Google teaches this 7 year old everything! No wonder you sound bitter, you're a niners fan...

:violin:

Why would I think you now anything about football? You haven't said anything about football. You're simply trolling.

It's kind of sad. Don't worry though,.

Last edited by a moderator:

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dion Sanders said HB can be a starting corner in the NFL from day 1. I loved watching the kid play in college before his unfortunate fall from grace. I'm a big fan of the human spirit, so I'm def rooting for him to turn his life around and become a solid NFL player for a long time.
I agree. I wish him the best in his career.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, when I say "here is a measure of athleticism in which he is anything but elite" I am saying he is not elite in that measure of athleticism.

That being said, I would imagine that anyone with elite athleticism would be able t demonstrate that elite athleticism in shorts and a t-shirt.

Do you believe that Tyrann Mattheiu is an elite athlete by NFL DB standards?

Nobody cares about the combine? I guess they'll be canceling it this year then.

And yes, I was downplaying his athleticism. And yes, I was downplaying his athleticism. Someone said he's an elite athlete. You seem to be here arguing that he is. I would love to see your evidence to support that he's an elite NFL athlete.

I'm curious as to whether or not you can make a point or just spew bullshit.

Is "the voice of reason" meant to be ironic?
I am sorry you can't comprehend my original point. It's pretty clear as day. When I wrote it, I should of considered your low functioning brain. Now let's address some of your comprehension issues.

"Do you believe that Tyrann Mattheiu is an elite athlete by NFL DB standards?"
I never said he was. Do I believe he is in terms of raw athleticism? No. Do I believe he can be an elite NFL DB? Yes

"Nobody cares about the combine? I guess they'll be canceling it this year then."
The combine is a pre-draft activity. Once the draft is complete it's pretty much irrelevant. At this point in training camp ones ability to play is judged on the playing field.

"And yes, I was downplaying his athleticism. Someone said he's an elite athlete. You seem to be here arguing that he is. I would love to see your evidence to support that he's an elite NFL athlete."
I am not arguing that he is an elite athlete therefore evidence to support your false claim is unnecessary. I was making the point that the combine is not the standard for true athleticism. If someone said he is an elite athlete, maybe you should respond to their quote.

Is "the voice of reason" meant to be ironic? Nope.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same here. His rapport really hurt his draft stock, and it is serving as a huge motivator for him. He'll be a stud for sure. I'm sure a lot of teams will be kicking themselves for passing up on him. But that goes for any player that turns their life around as such.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was responding to that post when you claimed the combine isn't a good indicator of athleticism. If someone is claiming that he has elite athleticism and the numbers available make that claim laughable, you bring up those numbers.

It wasn't about what kind of player he could be.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, when I say "here is a measure of athleticism in which he is anything but elite" I am saying he is not elite in that measure of athleticism.

That being said, I would imagine that anyone with elite athleticism would be able t demonstrate that elite athleticism in shorts and a t-shirt.

Do you believe that Tyrann Mattheiu is an elite athlete by NFL DB standards?

Nobody cares about the combine? I guess they'll be canceling it this year then.

And yes, I was downplaying his athleticism. Someone said he's an elite athlete. You seem to be here arguing that he is. I would love to see your evidence to support that he's an elite NFL athlete.

I'm curious as to whether or not you can make a point or just spew bullshit.

Is "the voice of reason" meant to be ironic?
:agree: His combine would tell he is not an elite athlete. He is a nobody at the moment. The word 'elite' and Tryann combined is really a joke. It takes years for that mark. Even Eli Manning can't take that title IMO.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree: His combine would tell he is not an elite athlete. He is a nobody at the moment. The word 'elite' and Tryann combined is really a joke. It takes years for that mark. Even Eli Manning can't take that title IMO.

2 SuperBowl titles and he's not "elite"? C'mon man!

I can see your point, but that might be a stretch.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eli is not elite.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eli is not elite.

Of course you would say that though JDM... He 'stole' 2 Lombardis from the Pats. I would say the same thing if I were in your position. It's hard to argue with the statistics that Eli has compiled.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 SuperBowl titles and he's not "elite"? C'mon man!

I can see your point, but that might be a stretch.

I consider Eli a lucky QB. (unlike his brother) in the playoffs but I can't deny the kid has two SB rings. Would you consider Terry Bradshaw to be an elite QB with four SB rings? I'm thinking the word 'elite' is being used incorrectly here.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They earned those, and he played well. But his defense did more than he did. Outside of those two postseasons he is extremely average. Winning is great but your team has to rely on you consistently. Drew Brees is the fourth best QB in the NFL and I don't consider him elite. Eli isn't close. He's 10th or so at best.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hrmmmm... Good point. Even as a longstanding Yinzer it's hard to call Bradshaw elite. At a glance it's easy to say yes because of the 4 rings. Food for thought!

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a difference between elite athletes and elite football players. Is Usain Bolt an elite athlete? Yes. Is Usain Bolt and elite football player? No. Is Tom Brady an elite athlete? No. Is Tom Brady and elite football player? Yes. I wouldn't call Tyrann a nobody because he is a big name rookie, but I do agree that he has proven nothing to this point. BTW - I'm glad you are a realistic 49er fan that doesn't consider Kaep elite considering the years it takes to make that mark.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They earned those, and he played well. But his defense did more than he did. Outside of those two postseasons he is extremely average. Winning is great but your team has to rely on you consistently. Drew Brees is the fourth best QB in the NFL and I don't consider him elite. Eli isn't close. He's 10th or so at best.

You're a tough man to please! Elite, in your words, is reserved for the pedestal!