• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tXanders effect

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We watched in awe as the Lions had one of the better off seasons of anyone this year. We expected Bush, but were pleasantly surprised with Glover Quin, Jason Jones, and others. Then we pretty much all came away from the draft happy for the first time in....ever? Long time.

Meanwhile Xanders is flying under the radar. How much of this do we owe to him? Here's a guy who is responsible for returning Denver to the spotlight, but gets none of the credit because John Elway's teeth are in the way. Now he's a Lion, and we're having the best off season I can remember? Coincidence or is Xanders the missing link for this team?

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have to lean way to side of the Xander. It was a tremendous off season! This is why I have not yet jumped on the fire Mayhew and CO. wagon. With a 8-8 or worse I might reconsider.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Xander was the draft architect and did not have as much impact on FA. Quinn and Bush were no brainers, so even if he had some input I can't really extend accolades for signing guys that are top tier quality at positions of need.

I think Xanders input on guys like Slay and Thomas may have a bigger impact 2-3 three years from now.

Nothing had changed for me. I liked the hire then and still do today. I hope it puts pressure on Mayhew.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jdwills, you need to post more on this board. Great thought out posts, very insightful. You are caught up on the Tigers board.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I knew for sure Xander was responsible for the guys we got in the draft I would pat him on the back. Right now it's speculation but leaning towards him being the reason why.

It could be all for not if we have a coaching turnover next year, but if we draft next year like we did this year Xander is going to need a little extra something under the x-mas tree.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a guy who is responsible for returning Denver to the spotlight, but gets none of the credit because John Elway's teeth are in the way. [0/QUOTE]

I don't think that's right. What I've read suggests that Xanders didn't really have much authority during his time in Denver. McDaniels made the personnel calls in '09 and '10 and Elway has run the show since then.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does this mean there will be a OLB and C under the tree for me?:noidea::noidea:

Gonna have to check my naughty or nice list again, didn't see your name on it. Wish real hard and I'll grant you another WR. :suds: