• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Two things that may have been brought up already

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Did Tampa get an actual home field advantage? Only 25,000 in the stands but probably more local fans than a normal Bowl.

2. Brady basically made sure his Patriots remain the last team to win back to back Bowls.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Did Tampa get an actual home field advantage? Only 25,000 in the stands but probably more local fans than a normal Bowl.

2. Brady basically made sure his Patriots remain the last team to win back to back Bowls.

I was really surprised to learn that they were playing in Tampa. I don't think the fans (with only 25K in the seats and the fact not everyone in Tampa can afford tickets, especially during a COVID year) would be that big of a factor, but the fact the Bucs didn't have to travel and are on their own field (fields play differently) is IMO a pretty big advantage.

I think it's kind of bullshit they didn't change and switch it to a neutral site.. maybe they would've if COVID wasn't a factor.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was really surprised to learn that they were playing in Tampa. I don't think the fans (with only 25K in the seats and the fact not everyone in Tampa can afford tickets, especially during a COVID year) would be that big of a factor, but the fact the Bucs didn't have to travel and are on their own field (fields play differently) is IMO a pretty big advantage.

I think it's kind of bullshit they didn't change and switch it to a neutral site.. maybe they would've if COVID wasn't a factor.
no way they would've changed it, SB locations are decided in advance and too much money on line to change.

elguapo

I cannot think of anything clever to put here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,056.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SB sites are done like 3 to 5 yrs in advance! Why in the unholy F would they change the site?! That makes zero sense. The Holy Grail of SB for 50 years has been to play one in home stadium. They talk about it every time a team is really good and making a playoff push and it is scheduled for their stadium that year.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SB sites are done like 3 to 5 yrs in advance! Why in the unholy F would they change the site?! That makes zero sense. The Holy Grail of SB for 50 years has been to play one in home stadium. They talk about it every time a team is really good and making a playoff push and it is scheduled for their stadium that year.

Yah I guess. Seems like it's a pretty big advantage (especially if the stadium was at capacity), though.

elguapo

I cannot think of anything clever to put here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,056.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the first things my Mom pointed out during the pregame was "look at all those fans not wearing masks", but pointing out that it was in Florida made that make sense, lol.
Who do they think they are, democrat politicians when they think cameras are not on them?!

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There have been other Bowls where one of the teams is at "home". The location is what it is.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn’t feel like a home field

but I don’t think Tampa feels like a home field with a sold out crowd

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the first things my Mom pointed out during the pregame was "look at all those fans not wearing masks", but pointing out that it was in Florida made that make sense, lol.
Yup. Here in California, everyone wears masks all the time. We also have the worst virus numbers in the Country. I’d love to be in FLA.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. Here in California, everyone wears masks all the time. We also have the worst virus numbers in the Country. I’d love to be in FLA.

Yeah same here. You can’t walk 3 feet into any public place without someone yelling at someone that enters without a mask

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pretty sure the NFL gave 7500 tickets away to first responders. Now I'm not 100% they were from the Tampa ish area, but there we a LOT of Buc's jerseys in the crowd pics. So I'm guessing so. The idea of first responders from all over the country traveling, staying in hotel rooms going out to dinner in the Tampa area sort of defeats the purpose of it all.

Edit: Could move the SB permanently to Detroit. Remove all chance of a Super bowl team getting home field.

Picklerick 2.0

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It does suck and is bad luck that it was played in tampa but there is far too many logistical issues to change the location so quickly. Many local buisnesses and certainly many hotels are made simply for the fact they won the bidding war earlier to secure the superbowl in that location. I get that this isnt the case this year because of covid but it seems to me that it would be a huge issue to switch areas so quickly and it would set a bad precedent. Thats my two cents anyways. The vikings were very close to pulling this off not long ago.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

All the cardboard cutouts were Kansas City fans!

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah same here. You can’t walk 3 feet into any public place without someone yelling at someone that enters without a mask
Meanwhile I have to step over dead bodies to get my copy of USA Today in the morning. But those masks are definitely doing a ton!! Let’s make fun of Florida for being open and having room in their hospitals.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
California has nowhere near the worst virus numbers. You know what per capita means?

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good. Wear a fucking mask.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It does suck and is bad luck that it was played in tampa but there is far too many logistical issues to change the location so quickly. Many local buisnesses and certainly many hotels are made simply for the fact they won the bidding war earlier to secure the superbowl in that location. I get that this isnt the case this year because of covid but it seems to me that it would be a huge issue to switch areas so quickly and it would set a bad precedent. Thats my two cents anyways. The vikings were very close to pulling this off not long ago.

Yah but they would've changed it because everyone hates the Vikings and Minnesota.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
California has nowhere near the worst virus numbers. You know what per capita means?
If you live here and you are defending our response/performance on the virus, you have your head in the sand.