• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Two things that may have been brought up already

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You obviously haven’t been to those cities recently. San Francisco is unrecognizable from what it was even 10 years ago. And it’s a real shame because that was my favorite city to visit for a long time.

Was in SF on my way back from Hawaii on our honeymoon in 2000, great city back then.....stayed near the wharf and could walk everywhere.....great food, good bars and lots of bums.....thankfully they weren’t shitting in the streets just yet......

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've lived in the city itself for 25 years, including some grittier parts, you are simply wrong. But then again I don't go to the slums. I don't go to the slums of Houston, NYC, or Memphis either because I have no interest in being around people shitting in the street or shooting heroin.

Cities have always had crappy (heh) areas, SF is no exception.
You are being dishonest with me here. But that’s Ok.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was in SF on my way back from Hawaii on our honeymoon in 2000, great city back then.....stayed near the wharf and could walk everywhere.....great food, good bars and lots of bums.....thankfully they weren’t shitting in the streets just yet......
Yup. 2000-2010ish, that was the best City on the West Coast to go and visit. Beautiful city. GREAT food. Nice people. The bars never seemed to close and every hole-in-the-wall place felt like home. I went back in 2013 and it was terrifying. It looked like a war zone. I went back in 2018 and never wanted to go there again. It got considerably worse every time I went. Just sad.

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My brother had his daughter living in SF, had to just lower the asking price on her apartment, she got a job here out East. Brutal

Many of my friends have sold their places in NYC, one of them sold two years ago thankfully, had a penthouse apt near Washington Square park, used to walk to Alta for dinner, get hammered and crash over.....he kept the studio, which the value has fallen, so we have a place to stay, but there is no reason to go there since NYC it is run by two of the biggest Assclowns in the country......

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Many of my friends have sold their places in NYC, one of them sold two years ago thankfully, had a penthouse apt near Washington Square park, used to walk to Alta for dinner, get hammered and crash over.....he kept the studio, which the value has fallen, so we have a place to stay, but there is no reason to go there since NYC it is run by two of the biggest Assclowns in the country......

So true, on the flip side, at some point people with money will start getting back in on the cheap knowing it may take time, but once life returns and these idiots are gone, it will probably turn into a good investment. We are ready to get out, but no chance I’m taking a hit on my place when I know in 3 years I’ll live to regret it

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People like to shit on Rudy Giuliani, but he was probably one of the best they ever had there. Hard to believe what these current bozos have done to NYC.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So true, on the flip side, at some point people with money will start getting back in on the cheap knowing it may take time, but once life returns and these idiots are gone, it will probably turn into a good investment. We are ready to get out, but no chance I’m taking a hit on my place when I know in 3 years I’ll live to regret it
How bad is it there for you? How many of your favorite restaurants and local shops have closed? How many of your friends have left?

Probably a good time to buy there. Not sure how much worse it can get?

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People like to shit on Rudy Giuliani, but he was probably one of the best they ever had there. Hard to believe what these current bozos have done to NYC.

They were more worried about guarding a BLM street “mural” than protecting the people of the city from violence.....Cuomo is so full of shit and deBlasio is on a mission to destroy NYC

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The market will bounce back, but when? Not sure what NYC will look like in 5 years......so sad

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are being dishonest with me here. But that’s Ok.
Nope, you are just mad reality doesn't fit your ideology. I swear on my kids I have lived in the city of San Francisco proper since 1993. Cities have shitty parts, including SF. But they always have.

Don't believe everything you see on Fox or MSNBC or Breitbart or Box or wherever you get your information. Lotta slant out there.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How bad is it there for you? How many of your favorite restaurants and local shops have closed? How many of your friends have left?

Probably a good time to buy there. Not sure how much worse it can get?

It’s awful. Some hugely successful restaurants shut down permanently. The rent concessions were embarrassing for some of these people. I mentioned to you if we didn’t own the building of our bar, we would have been in serious trouble.

the most troubling thing is commercial real estate is a permanent problem now with remote working, there’s no bounce back for that entirely. Google and Amazon seem to be gobbling up some office space, but so many of these commercial buildings and the businesses that survived around them like delis/restaurants, etc., that’s most likely a permanent issue. They will turn them into residential buildings, than the question really becomes, who will pay the premium to live here without having to be here for work when they can work remotely.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, you are just mad reality doesn't fit your ideology. I swear on my kids I have lived in the city of San Francisco proper since 1993. Cities have shitty parts, including SF. But they always have.

Don't believe everything you see on Fox or MSNBC or Breitbart or Box or wherever you get your information. Lotta slant out there.
I already told you I was basing this on my own observations. I wasn’t going by what I heard on Box.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I already told you I was basing this on my own observations. I wasn’t going by what I heard on Box.
Well, you're free to believe what you want. Try better parts of the city next time. Or visit the shitty parts of whatever city you live near for comparison.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s awful. Some hugely successful restaurants shut down permanently. The rent concessions were embarrassing for some of these people. I mentioned to you if we didn’t own the building of our bar, we would have been in serious trouble.

the most troubling thing is commercial real estate is a permanent problem now with remote working, there’s no bounce back for that entirely. Google and Amazon seem to be gobbling up some office space, but so many of these commercial buildings and the businesses that survived around them like delis/restaurants, etc., that’s most likely a permanent issue. They will turn them into residential buildings, than the question really becomes, who will pay the premium to live here without having to be here for work when they can work remotely.
That really is the ultimate question. People used to overpay to live there in a cramped studio apartment because of the food and the culture and the energy of the city. It isn’t quite the same when you can still work your same job from North Carolina on 4 acres.

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That really is the ultimate question. People used to overpay to live there in a cramped studio apartment because of the food and the culture and the energy of the city. It isn’t quite the same when you can still work your same job from North Carolina on 4 acres.

My wife worked in Jersey City, now works from our home office.....JC is a ghost town, her building has been empty for months.....tons of real estate just sitting there empty.....the restaurants and shops there are getting killed......

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My wife worked in Jersey City, now works from our home office.....JC is a ghost town, her building has been empty for months.....tons of real estate just sitting there empty.....the restaurants and shops there are getting killed......
It really sucks. My wife and I are fortunate that we can just work from home and not miss a beat. I was actually working from home well before the virus even hit. I just know that most people are not that lucky and have been totally fucked by these lockdowns.