• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Two Columns on Harbaugh's Lack of Confidence in Smith

Geraint

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My problem with Smith is that he misses so many open receivers on long balls. The only way we seem to get long passing plays is because of a perfect play call. He should have at least 3 TDs from missing guys who had a step and got behind the defense only to have the ball overthrown. Not sure if he is just that inaccurate with those balls, or he is afraid of turning it over and making it so nobody has a chance but the receiver even though that chance is next to none. If he could hit those the offense becomes really really good.

Talking about the huge mistake, Harbaugh said he would have thrown it higher to take out any possible chance of being intercepted. That might give some idea of the coaching style now and what they are telling Smith to do.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After watching the game again, I am 100% done with having a back-up QB as our starter. Smith clearly peaked last year and at a skill level which, while good enough for last year, is not nearly good enough for the future. I don't know if Kap is Smith's replacement but we need to find out who it is and the sooner the better.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After watching the game again, I am 100% done with having a back-up QB as our starter. Smith clearly peaked last year and at a skill level which, while good enough for last year, is not nearly good enough for the future. I don't know if Kap is Smith's replacement but we need to find out who it is and the sooner the better.

since his injured finger smith hasn't looked good and there have been some ugly throws. before the injury he was looking better than last year.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
since his injured finger smith hasn't looked good and there have been some ugly throws. before the injury he was looking better than last year.

Fi, I know you are squarely in Smith's camp so I mean no disrespect, but even if I were buying the injured finger theory - which I'm not, injured fingers are not the cause of the pathetic decisions Smith has made these past two games.

Clearly, G-Ro & H tried to open up the playbook with Smith and the results were a disaster. Smith has all the pocket presence of a deer staring into a flood light and the accuracy of a blind man. Enough is enough - He's peaked - he's done - time to move on.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fi, I know you are squarely in Smith's camp so I mean no disrespect, but even if I were buying the injured finger theory - which I'm not, injured fingers are not the cause of the pathetic decisions Smith has made these past two games.

Clearly, G-Ro & H tried to open up the playbook with Smith and the results were a disaster. Smith has all the pocket presence of a deer staring into a flood light and the accuracy of a blind man. Enough is enough - He's peaked - he's done - time to move on.

you can't deny the big changes before and after the injury...

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you can't deny the big changes before and after the injury...

As I mentioned back in the thread discussing Smith's 1st INT in the Giants game he is back to locking his knee. Smith made it emphatically clear his finger was not an issue in his NYG's post game presser. Again, I'm not buying the injured finger BS - and injured fingers have nothing to do with decision making.

ViperVisor

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
run along loser

You are the guy posting hand-wringing loser talk.

After a really bad game of being solidly out played and out coached. And a mediocre game with the endzone INT that has happened maybe once a year.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with Bem. But that was my opinion going into the offseason as well.

I don't see us being a legitimate SB contender with Smith as our QB. It would be awesome if he could prove me wrong. I'm not holding my breath.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are the guy posting hand-wringing loser talk.

After a really bad game of being solidly out played and out coached. And a mediocre game with the endzone INT that has happened maybe once a year.

I agree with Bem. You are a fucking loser.

And that speaks volumes since I don't agree with Bem that much at all.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me save you some time:

"HERP DERP GO BACK TO ESPN BORDS ALEX HATERSZZ!"

I have no idea how Alex's ass has enough room for you, iguana, space, and Geraints.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I mentioned back in the thread discussing Smith's 1st INT in the Giants game he is back to locking his knee. Smith made it emphatically clear his finger was not an issue in his NYG's post game presser. Again, I'm not buying the injured finger BS - and injured fingers have nothing to do with decision making.

even the commentators mentioned the ball spent a long time in the air. smith was looking a lot better before the injury. if smith isn't 100% he should rest up. we might lose with a new qb in kap, but we're not gonna win with an injured smith.

smith has never had a strong arm, but the velocity on those mid+ passes seem to have suffered.

SY8goat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alejandro will be fine. As long they're winning, he'll be starting.

SY8goat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on what? Every time he plays against a competant defense, he can't throw the ball futher than 5 yards.

Based on the 49ers 18-5 record. The 49ers are winning what more do you want?

Also,way to use an exaggeration to try and make a point....cool bro.

Honest question, has a team with winning record ever made a mid-season QB change?

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've finally come to the conclusion that the biggest thing for me is probably not his accuracy, but his ability to see open receivers that are not check down receivers. I'm not saying that he never sees them, but it seems like every game I watch, the announcers are noticing that there are open receivers deep that he just doesn't see. It was that way after the NFC Championship game last year, it was true in the Seattle game, and it's true in other games. I don't know whether he is just so conservative he doesn't look, etc., and certainly you can be successful at running the short passing game -- isn't that what the whole West Coast Offense is premised on? This may also just be a wrong impression, but it gets mentioned a lot, and when you have open deeper receivers you have to take the shot. I mean, I wouldn't trade Smith for Russell Wilson, but he was making some great throws in the first half on deeper passes that his receivers just dropped.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Based on the 49ers 18-5 record. The 49ers are winning what more do you want?

I want 'em to win a superbowl. That means beating GOOD defenses. Teams like the Giants have figured out how to stop Alex because he's so limited. He'll take care of average teams in the regular season, and the team will win DESPITE him, but look what happens when he plays the Giants. He's terrible. Noodle arm, slow release, dink & dunk. That's all he is.

Honest question, has a team with winning record ever made a mid-season QB change?

The 2000 Ravens did.

SY8goat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want 'em to win a superbowl. That means beating GOOD defenses. Teams like the Giants have figured out how to stop Alex because he's so limited. He'll take care of average teams in the regular season, and the team will win DESPITE him, but look what happens when he plays the Giants. He's terrible. Noodle arm, slow release, dink & dunk. That's all he is.

The 2000 Ravens did.

And the Super Bowl is in February. I have confidence that Harbaugh, Roman, and Smith will adjustments before February.

And again more exaggerations....

So, 1 team has made the switch.