• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Turbin has been released

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to field gulls Turbo has reached an injury settlement with the Hawks and has been released. He is now a free agent.

I hope he does well wherever he goes. He never really wowed me but he was a good back to give Lynch a breather now and then.

According to Sporttrac we aren't going to see any dead money as a result of releasing him and we should save his 2015 salary which was only $774k if I'm reading it right.

So Pete must feel pretty comfortable with Lynch, Jackson, and Rawls. Personally I really liked what I saw of Rawls in the preseason. He fights for every inch just like Marshawn.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The injury must be serious for this to happen. Wish him well.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The injury must be serious for this to happen. Wish him well.

It doesn't sound too serious but then again it's only covered in one paragraph.

"NOTES: Seattle released Robert Turbin after reaching an injury settlement with the backup running back. Turbin was expected to be out at least five weeks with a high-ankle sprain and was placed on injured reserve over the weekend. Turbin is now a free agent. ... LB Mike Morgan (hamstring) has already been ruled out of Sunday's game."

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whole RB corp is an unknown this year. Turbo wasn't Lynch, but you knew what you had with him and he always had that chance of breaking particularly an outside run into something and he took care of the ball ok.

Wonder how much of both of Lynch's backups will see how much game time as the season wears on. Which one will get the bulk if Lynch goes down for a game or more? Rawls had some moments in preseason... but it's preseason.

I'm sure we will all be watching those dynamics closely.

If we do have any injuries I hope its after Turbin is on the mend and he's still on the market because it never hurts to have options.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rawls still has to prove something on the field in the regular season. He played alright in the preseason against 3rd and 4th stringers (and a gassed Raiders D).

MKHawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whole RB corp is an unknown this year. Turbo wasn't Lynch, but you knew what you had with him and he always had that chance of breaking particularly an outside run into something and he took care of the ball ok.

Wonder how much of both of Lynch's backups will see how much game time as the season wears on. Which one will get the bulk if Lynch goes down for a game or more? Rawls had some moments in preseason... but it's preseason.

I'm sure we will all be watching those dynamics closely.

If we do have any injuries I hope its after Turbin is on the mend and he's still on the market because it never hurts to have options.

Assuming Seattle gave him a 5-week injury settlement, he wouldn't be eligible to re-sign with the Hawks until week 11. Highly unlikely any sequence of events ends with him back here.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wish him well, he did a solid job for us... I"m sure someone is gonna give him a shot...

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If no one picks him up, chances are he could resign Week 5 or Week 6. The same situation happened last year with Jeanpierre.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All ready claimed? Even with the injury? Surprising to me, but wish him luck. Really shocked by the shake up in the back up RBs, did not see this coming.

Itsmytime

I love Beer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 6.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was based off Terrelle Pryor being released from the Browns and he let it slip as to whom it was for. So who even knows if its true or not

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All ready claimed? Even with the injury? Surprising to me, but wish him luck. Really shocked by the shake up in the back up RBs, did not see this coming.

Yeah pretty surprising. He's due to miss at least 1/4th of the season so it's not like he's going to make an impact right away. Best of luck to Turbo though.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah pretty surprising. He's due to miss at least 1/4th of the season so it's not like he's going to make an impact right away. Best of luck to Turbo though.
But he's also very cheap, and it's not like the Browns won't be wondering what to do at RB periodically throughout the season anyway.

Seahawk Sal

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to field gulls Turbo has reached an injury settlement with the Hawks and has been released. He is now a free agent.

I hope he does well wherever he goes. He never really wowed me but he was a good back to give Lynch a breather now and then.

According to Sporttrac we aren't going to see any dead money as a result of releasing him and we should save his 2015 salary which was only $774k if I'm reading it right.

So Pete must feel pretty comfortable with Lynch, Jackson, and Rawls. Personally I really liked what I saw of Rawls in the preseason. He fights for every inch just like Marshawn.

Thank you, you saved me the time to express myself about Turbin, but more Rawls. I saw a Lynch clone also when he ran this preseason.