• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

TT v. Shitside- Most Popular (and annoying) Thread 2019/20 Season Style

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
would you actually want Hassan Whiteside on a team you root for?

I dont care what his stats are- i would never want him on my team.

between all his baggage and the fact that his game is archaic, i wouldn't want him close to a team i root for--- ESPECIALLY if there were young impressionable guys on the team.

you have to be thrilled he is gone from the Heat. WAAAAAAAAAY more trouble than he is worth. He is the ANTITHESIS of what you claim to be a "Heat Player

Would gladly take him as a bench player. Wouldn't want him starting but Hassan in limited minutes (18-23 MPG) off the bench can really help your team

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was stupid for that point center comment but he has been solid this year or will you & Wiggy act like 15,13, & 2 are bad numbers
If we are only talking numbers, since I said he had a solid game last night I would call those numbers solid.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would gladly take him as a bench player. Wouldn't want him starting but Hassan in limited minutes (18-23 MPG) off the bench can really help your team
i think just from what he brings on the court when his mind is right he could be a helpful bench player, but when you take into account the garbage that you have to deal with its just not worth it. and I mean- i am sure you would agree with this- ESPECIALLY at the current price of 27M which is clearly absurd.

If Whiteside had his head on straight and was making like 8M a year- sure id take him as a bench a player.

but he makes a ton of money and all too often he is a distraction and mal-content that totally erodes and overwhelms any type of value he might bring.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem, though, and this matters, is will HW accept this role? But in reality him as a bench player probably more in the 10-15 minute range I'd think on a good team....guess we'll see when Nurkic comes back.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its why its not even a close discussion

you can pay TT far less than whiteside, get solid production, get a great team leader with a great worth ethic---- or you can pay whiteside almost 10M more per year and get a guy that you dont know from week to week if he is going to blow up in the media and undermine your team.

its not even a close comparison of which one is better and helps a team win more.

that conversation is clearly over and TT is by far the winner.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem, though, and this matters, is will HW accept this role? But in reality him as a bench player probably more in the 10-15 minute range I'd think on a good team....guess we'll see when Nurkic comes back.
yah i am sure he is loving it right now playing a ton of minutes with Nurkic and Collins hurt with long term injuries, and Pau dealing with his own injuries (and being the closest thing to washed).

Does anyone really think that if Nurkic and Collisn were healthy and Whiteside was getting the 3rd most minutes in the front court and sharing some of those minutes with a healthy Pau that he would be an upstanding teammate and not whine to the media?

i dont think one person could possibly say that with his history.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

you can pay TT far less than whiteside, get solid production, get a great team leader with a great worth ethic---- or you can pay whiteside almost 10M more per year and get a guy that you dont know from week to week if he is going to blow up in the media and undermine your team.

its not even a close comparison of which one is better and helps a team win more.

Whiteside has lead the league in blocks and rebounds.
Tristan has lead it in fucking his pregnant wife's friends.

Like I said, post away, but nobody cares and the 60-10 poll speaks for itself
Im still waiting for @dtgold88 to make the Bam/Tristan poll.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Did you just say you can pay TT far less?
Yet how many fucking times did you say he would earn more next summer?

Gotta love this forum.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think just from what he brings on the court when his mind is right he could be a helpful bench player,

Imo, he needs to accept a role similar to what Dwight has (so far) with the Lakers.

He knows he's going to get 20 or so minutes per game and that they need him to get rebounds and play defense, especially rim protection.

Any points he gets are basically found money. He's really doing well in that role and I think the same could work well for Whiteside, if he were to accept it.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gotta love this forum.
he currently makes nearly 10M less. thats like 8% of a team's cap space.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lol the "poll"

instead of the poll lets just go on actions

-spoelstra nailed his ass to the bench

-Whiteside cried and bitched and complained about playing time to the media and undermined his team

-Riley than traded whiteside for the equivalent of a bag of moldy cow shit even though he was on an expiring contract which usually makes a guy at least semi-valuable.

you know how hard it is to find a deal where a team ahd to take back a package like the Heat by giving up a guy on an expiring contract that is "possibly the most dominant center in the game"? LOL.

its unheard of.

just the facts ma'm.

though i can see how you would be obsessed and keep going back to a "pole". lol

#timevindicates

#pointcenter

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol the "poll"

instead of the poll lets just go on actions

-spoelstra nailed his ass to the bench

-Whiteside cried and bitched and complained about playing time to the media and undermined his team

-Riley than traded whiteside for the equivalent of a bag of moldy cow shit even though he was on an expiring contract which usually makes a guy at least semi-valuable.

you know how hard it is to find a deal where a team ahd to take back a package like the Heat by giving up a guy on an expiring contract that is "possibly the most dominant center in the game"? LOL.

its unheard of.

just the facts ma'm.

though i can see how you would be obsessed and keep going back to a "pole". lol

#timevindicates

#pointcenter

Whiteside was moved to second unit, which included Wade and Dragic.

How many games has Whiteside ever been DNP , coaches decision.

Also nice to act like it happened before Bam emerged.

TT actually was benched.

Though, its understandable that you can’t comprehend the difference.

#hitinheadwithiceballaschild

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he currently makes nearly 10M less. thats like 8% of a team's cap space.

So, with TT being all he is, why not keep him around long term?
All you do is come up with hypothetical trades.

You don’t think Heat will pay Bam when his day comes?

There’s reasons for everything.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We'll see next summer. I think 10-15 minutes is too little bit for him. Should get about 20 MPG.

I think he will chase the money (as he should) but if it's not there then I wouldn't be surprised for him to go with a 1 or 2 year prove it deal and accept a bench role on a good team

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is definitely going to be an option (extension) with his progression and leadership. If they think he will be a nice asset for at least a couple more years I see a very realistic scenario where TT gets an extension. BUT if the Cavs can ship him off if they start to really lose a lot of games AND they think they can get a nice package for TT it will also be an option. Actually at this point, I would points towards the extension option being more realistic. He is playing some great bball, provides great leadership and development for this youth.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TT has led the league in offensive rebounds...you know, the type that take effort and desire to grab.

Have you come up with anything factual to explain you thinking Bam is "far better"? What can you point to that he does better other than assists?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gotta love this forum.
could it be he thinks neither will be commanding the $27 mil HW CURRENTLY makes, which is what he was referring to?

I still will offer to help you with comprehension when you struggle. Just ask.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

has anyone said keeping him around is not a serious option for the Cavs? I suspect unless they are wowed by an offer they attempt to keep him.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
has anyone said keeping him around is not a serious option for the Cavs? I suspect unless they are wowed by an offer they attempt to keep him.
absolutely. I dont know anyone that thinks its a foregone conclusion they will trade him.

I think its something they have to discuss when considering Sexton, Osman, Windler, Porter Jr., and Garland are mostly EXTREMELY young and have a long time to get to their primes while TT will be 29 this year.

Thompson is on an expiring contract and would really substantailly help a contender. If they get an offer for him that they like they are really going to have to consider it.

It is nice that he is only 28 years old (currently).

The last couple seasons it was clear that being the Iron Man/Cal Ripken of the NBA caught up with him. For 5 seasons he missed a TOTAL of 4 games. The last couple years he missed substantial time. Im betting that all those miles and all those playoff games caught up with him the last couple years.

It seems to have helped him this year though.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
could it be he thinks neither will be commanding the $27 mil HW CURRENTLY makes, which is what he was referring to?

I still will offer to help you with comprehension when you struggle. Just ask.
considering that Thompson is 2 years younger than Whiteside, and is much more reliable there is a much better chance gets a longer term contract- but often times when you nail down a long term deal your AAV is not as much as if you signed a one year deal.

it'll be interesting to see what both of them get- especially considering that the injuries to Nurkic and now Collins have really given Whiteside a lot of playing time- but will also expose his flaws.