• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trouble with the Houston Rockets?

Is this the begining of the end for the CP3 / The Beard dyamic duo?

• Total voters

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Everybody on the block.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone want a 34 year old PG for a mere $40m+ a year for the next three years?

The Wiz might trade the next 4 years of Wall....but the Rockets would have to wait until midseason for Wall to maybe be ready to play.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 94 Bulls team lost to NY, who went on to the finals that year taking the Rockets to 7 games, because of a controversial foul on a shot by Hubert Davis. The Bulls get that call and they most likely win that series and conceivably make it to the finals. When you throw context into it, that team wasn't that far off from Jordan's team even in the playoffs. Of course, you probably didn't remember that game because you were 2 years old.

Nope.

I actually attended game 7 in the Garden in '94 and I have posted those exact same set of facts at least half a dozen times to tame the "MJ is god" fans.

And I still think you are completely out of your mind.

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope.

I actually attended game 7 in the Garden in '94 and I have posted those exact same set of facts at least half a dozen times to tame the "MJ is god" fans.

And I still think you are completely out of your mind.

Your inability to draw the right conclusions from facts you have already accepted is very disturbing.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your inability to draw the right conclusions from facts you have already accepted is very disturbing.

I use those facts as argument for why MJ might not be the open and shut case for GOAT that some try to paint him as.

You are taking your conclusions way too far.

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I use those facts as argument for why MJ might not be the open and shut case for GOAT that some try to paint him as.

You are taking your conclusions way too far.

You're not taking them far enough because of your fear of challenging your belief system you were brainwashed into thinking by the Nike and the media. Where do you rank Jordan?

buckalis

Trainer of Don Diego de la Vega
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It maybe that the Rockets will be forced to trade all CP3, Capela and Harden in one huge 3 or 4 team deal in order to be able and move CP3's contract.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It maybe that the Rockets will be forced to trade all CP3, Capela and Harden in one huge 3 or 4 team deal in order to be able and move CP3's contract.

Just do a complete rebuild. I've seen some Rockets fans state that this would be best, but I'm pretty sure most want to try for a title built around Harden as long as he is in his prime.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're not taking them far enough because of your fear of challenging your belief system you were brainwashed into thinking by the Nike and the media. Where do you rank Jordan?

Now you are making assumtions about my beliefs?

No, I am not brainwashed. I view the LeBron/MJ debate as being much closer than most. But I have MJ at the top with LeBron at 2. ANd here is why:

LeBron is a better basketball player than Michael Jordan. He has more talent, and a more team friendly style despite getting grilled for making the correct basketball play in end of game situations instead of forcing difficult shots.

BUT, Jordan is a better competitor. I have seen LeBron take defensive possessions off too many times. Jordan simply didn't do that. To me, the gap between the two is too narrow for that not to matter. Even in his absolute peak with Miami, there were far too many occasions were LBJ would stop mid play to complain to a ref about a missed call instead of getting back defensively.

While I do not subscribe to the theory that Finals record is all that meaningful, I do believe that LeBron would have at least 1 and maybe more 2 rings if he were the competitor that MJ is.

That is why I have Jordan at 1. We are splitting hairs, so every detail matters.

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another possible destination for CP3 could be the Pelicans (now that they made it clear that they won't trade AD)...

Expiring Solomon Hill + E. Moore + a couple of picks should satisfy the Rockets if they can keep Capela and dump some 17M of cap space... They can then add some picks of their own on Hill and Moore along with the ones they'll receive from the Pels and trade them after Dec the 15th...

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another possible destination for CP3 could be the Pelicans (now that they made it clear that they won't trade AD)...

Expiring Solomon Hill + E. Moore + a couple of picks should satisfy the Rockets if they can keep Capela and dump some 17M of cap space... They can then add some picks of their own on Hill and Moore along with the ones they'll receive from the Pels and trade them after Dec the 15th...

Why would the Pelicans want CP3 and his $80M guaranteed contract when they are trying to build around Zion. Getting an old ass CP3 isn't helping their playoff chances that much and if you trade for him you are actually taking a step backwards in the rebuild process.

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would the Pelicans want CP3 and his $80M guaranteed contract when they are trying to build around Zion. Getting an old ass CP3 isn't helping their playoff chances that much and if you trade for him you are actually taking a step backwards in the rebuild process.

Who from the Pelicans F.O. ever said that "they are trying to build around Zion"? They are not!

They made it clear that they'll keep AD and they only need an experienced PG as to support Holiday, Zion, Randle and AD + a couple of bench guys to add next to Wood and Payton and they are all set to be a contender.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who from the Pelicans F.O. ever said that "they are trying to build around Zion"? They are not!

They made it clear that they'll keep AD and they only need an experienced PG as to support Holiday, Zion, Randle and AD + a couple of bench guys to add next to Wood and Payton and they are all set to be a contender.

You forgot Snell and Kyrie, you troll.

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now you are making assumtions about my beliefs?

No, I am not brainwashed. I view the LeBron/MJ debate as being much closer than most. But I have MJ at the top with LeBron at 2. ANd here is why:

LeBron is a better basketball player than Michael Jordan. He has more talent, and a more team friendly style despite getting grilled for making the correct basketball play in end of game situations instead of forcing difficult shots.

BUT, Jordan is a better competitor. I have seen LeBron take defensive possessions off too many times. Jordan simply didn't do that. To me, the gap between the two is too narrow for that not to matter. Even in his absolute peak with Miami, there were far too many occasions were LBJ would stop mid play to complain to a ref about a missed call instead of getting back defensively.

While I do not subscribe to the theory that Finals record is all that meaningful, I do believe that LeBron would have at least 1 and maybe more 2 rings if he were the competitor that MJ is.

That is why I have Jordan at 1. We are splitting hairs, so every detail matters.

For me, I imagine what would happen if the 2 switched teams. Without a doubt Lebron would do better than MJ IMHO. MJ needed a certain coach and a stacked team to succeed. MJ never had a winning record until Pippen came to town and never reached the Finals until Phil came around. Lebron has succeeded with different coaches, different teams, and with less support. Jordan is limited, he can't succeed in a variety of environments like Lebron can.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me, I imagine what would happen if the 2 switched teams. Without a doubt Lebron would do better than MJ IMHO. MJ needed a certain coach and a stacked team to succeed. MJ never had a winning record until Pippen came to town and never reached the Finals until Phil came around. Lebron has succeeded with different coaches, different teams, and with less support. Jordan is limited, he can't succeed in a variety of environments like Lebron can.
This is pretty valid, and one reason LeBron is 1b to Jordan's 1a for their careers

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gaining them essentially nothing, as the Rockets are about $17M over the cap for next season. The Rockets are $10M over with just their guaranteed contracts (for 7 players).

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Stacked team? The Bulls rosters typically looked like OKC with Jordan replacing Westbrook. Stacked means something very different in this era of the Warriors and Lebron's Heat.

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gaining them essentially nothing, as the Rockets are about $17M over the cap for next season. The Rockets are $10M over with just their guaranteed contracts (for 7 players).
Yeah... but other than saving 17M in salaries (which means some 70M if one adds the tax and the penalty tax) this season, they'll save another 20M from next season and therefore the seasons to follow (out of Moore and Hill expiring) and more... They'll be able to retain Harden and Capela and even add picks on Moore and Hill as to "sweeten" them after Dec. the 15th and start getting somewhere from this season...

Certainly no team can have a future unless there is budget available.