• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trouble with the Houston Rockets?

Is this the begining of the end for the CP3 / The Beard dyamic duo?

• Total voters

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stacked team? The Bulls rosters typically looked like OKC with Jordan replacing Westbrook. Stacked means something very different in this era of the Warriors and Lebron's Heat.

The 1st threepeat team won 2 less games without Jordan so I would say they were pretty stacked, they just didn't have the big names.

The 2nd threepeat team included Rodman (best defender & rebounder in the NBA), Kukoc (best euro at the time), Ron Harper (Clippers best player), Pippen, John Salley, James Edwards, Parish.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 1st threepeat team won 2 less games without Jordan so I would say they were pretty stacked, they just didn't have the big names.

The 2nd threepeat team included Rodman (best defender & rebounder in the NBA), Kukoc (best euro at the time), Ron Harper (Clippers best player), Pippen, John Salley, James Edwards, Parish.
The first team was not stacked and we already discussed why you can't use regular season records for that kind of determination (for example, the Warriors won fewer games with Durant every year he has been there)

The second one was pretty stacked. But not because of Salley and Parish and Edwards LOL

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first team was not stacked and we already discussed why you can't use regular season records for that kind of determination (for example, the Warriors won fewer games with Durant every year he has been there)

The second one was pretty stacked. But not because of Salley and Parish and Edwards LOL

Wasn't just the reg season, they played very well in the playoffs, it's not their fault they got a horrible call. There was a great chance that they make the finals if it wasn't for that call.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't just the reg season, they played very well in the playoffs, it's not their fault they got a horrible call. There was a great chance that they make the finals if it wasn't for that call.
Sure but still not evidence of stackitude

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The fact that you included Salley, Edwards, and the corpse of Parish kinda proves my point.

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure but still not evidence of stackitude

That’s fully evidence. The Bulls players weren’t big names but they were great players. Any star would have an easy time taking those guys to the finals.

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that you included Salley, Edwards, and the corpse of Parish kinda proves my point.

You ignore Kukoc. Harper. Rodman. Brian Williams because I mentioned Sally? That’s a cop out.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You ignore Kukoc. Harper. Rodman. Brian Williams because I mentioned Sally? That’s a cop out.

Some damn good role players. Not to mention he had a stable franchise and one of the best coaches of all-time. He had Robin, than he got Rodman to make his big 3 in the 2nd 3 peat.

But really if you look at the history the competition wasn't nearly as great as what Lebron had to face in the Finals.
MJ couldn't make it out of the East vs the Pistons until they fell apart.

Other than the Jazz these are some good Finals teams he faced but not one great one. He didn't have to face the 73 win Warriors team, or the Warriors team that added KD. The Spurs dynasty teams with Duncan, Parker, Ginobili and adding young Kawhi. He faced all teams that were one hit wonders going to the Finals other than Jazz: one man Suns team, a young Supersonics team, an old-no Kareem Lakers team, one man Blazers team.

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some damn good role players. Not to mention he had a stable franchise and one of the best coaches of all-time. He had Robin, than he got Rodman to make his big 3 in the 2nd 3 peat.

But really if you look at the history the competition wasn't nearly as great as what Lebron had to face in the Finals.
MJ couldn't make it out of the East vs the Pistons until they fell apart.

Other than the Jazz these are some good Finals teams he faced but not one great one. He didn't have to face the 73 win Warriors team, or the Warriors team that added KD. The Spurs dynasty teams with Duncan, Parker, Ginobili and adding young Kawhi. He faced all teams that were one hit wonders going to the Finals other than Jazz: one man Suns team, a young Supersonics team, an old-no Kareem Lakers team, one man Blazers team.

Excellent post. I always wanted to see Hakeem play MJ in the finals. I think at least he doesn’t choke like Karl Malone did twice.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excellent post. I always wanted to see Hakeem play MJ in the finals. I think at least he doesn’t choke like Karl Malone did twice.
Couldn't agree more. Hakeem was so god damn good in that period

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is so overused and lame to this point but, in this case, it is completely fitting:

houston-we-have-a-problem-17.png

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me, I imagine what would happen if the 2 switched teams. Without a doubt Lebron would do better than MJ IMHO. MJ needed a certain coach and a stacked team to succeed. MJ never had a winning record until Pippen came to town and never reached the Finals until Phil came around. Lebron has succeeded with different coaches, different teams, and with less support. Jordan is limited, he can't succeed in a variety of environments like Lebron can.

I totally agree with that.

Yet you still go way too far by calling MJ a fraud.

If you come out with reasonable analysis like this, people would listen a lot closer.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stacked team? The Bulls rosters typically looked like OKC with Jordan replacing Westbrook. Stacked means something very different in this era of the Warriors and Lebron's Heat.

I agree.

Relative to the competition though?

Yes. The Bulls were Defintely more stacked than any team LeBron has played on since his first 2 years with the Heat.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rodman was only there for 3 years. Kukoc was only a part-time starter, 12/4/4 and a 33% 3 pt shooter, hardly compares to the Euros of today. Harper was solid. Brian Williams / Bison Dele, lol? One season with the Bulls, played in 9 games. Compared to the stacked teams of today? You're reaching.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree.

Relative to the competition though?

Yes. The Bulls were Defintely more stacked than any team LeBron has played on since his first 2 years with the Heat.

I don't know man...

the Lakers are pretty stacked.