• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Triple Espresso of Coffee Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the judge is doing here is making the Liberals perform the new tasks its own government implemented in its NEB reform 4 months before they bought the pipeline:

Ottawa to scrap National Energy Board, overhaul environmental assessment process for major projects | CBC News

The agency will also hear from groups that have long said the existing hearing process is too restrictive and didn't allow environmentalists or Indigenous peoples to have their say.

This is a great example of how to fuck ones self.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great news today! No, it's not just that "Uptown Girl" was playing when my alarm woke me up. Even better! When I came downstairs this morning (my corduroy* PJs announcing my every step) I saw my old friend Mikey had let himself in! Mikey lives in LA and so it was a fun surprise to see him. Me, him, and our friend Jenny were inseparable at one time. Anyway, were are going out for drinks and billiards later and get this - Mikey has offered to pay. He never does that! Its going to be a great weekend!

*initially I spelled corduroy wrong and auto correct suggested I change it to 'murderous'

Oh no! You'll never guess what happened last night! After leaving the bar last night, as we walked to my house singing a boisterous rendition of "You're The Top" from Anything Goes - Mikey and I were jumped. I was knocked out. When I woke up I saw Mikey had been killed :-(. At first I thought it was random Baltimore violence but they stole a lot of German bearer bonds from Mikey and it looked like they were looking for them! Who did this? What was Mikey into? If they did a new version of the Spice Girls would there be a Pumpkin Spice? Is Jenny in danger? Is the rap name Lil' Rhino taken?Should I look into what Mikey was mixed up in? My head hurts. Not sure what to do yet. I have some vacation time saved up, might have to take a road trip.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This move makes no sense. The UK's corporate tax rate is being lowered to 19%. The US just lowered theirs from 35% to 21%. Does this mean the US is also a corporate tax haven?

Yes. They can say whatever tax rate they want, but when they don't enforce the collection of corporate tax it doesn't matter. What's The 'Delaware Loophole'?

Panasonic and other companies are moving more out of fear of a stupid trade war between EU and UK once they split. International/Global companies want to be more aligned with EU than UK when the shit hits the fan.

What weird words to use, I wonder where he learned them?

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What weird words to use, I wonder where he learned them?

I'm no lawyer, but if somebody was successful in achieving the end goal claiming they were destroying an "enemy of the people", could Trump's name be added to a civil suit?

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I expected better from Encino man :L

30074542_3.jpg

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to show you that you cannot judge a book by its cover, not even Juggs, this in no way looks like a dirty cop. No way.

BBMErV1.img

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“Off the record, Canada’s working their ass off. And every time we have a problem with a point, I just put up a picture of a Chevrolet Impala,” Trump said, according to the source. The Impala is produced at the General Motors plant in Oshawa, Ontario.

To be honest, even with a deal if GM Oshawa is still open in 3 years time I'll be stunned. There's 3000 workers left there and the land it's on has become valuable as hell since Oshawa's one of the best job markets in Canada.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trump sees Canada as just another liberal opponent that he must "win" against, even if it just means dismantling everything and throwing out the baby with the bath water.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trump sees Canada as just another liberal opponent that he must "win" against, even if it just means dismantling everything and throwing out the baby with the bath water.

Trump: As long as they are undocumented babies, all is fine.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Im thinking Trump sees Trudeau as a guy who could steal his girl ... errr ... I mean daughter ... away from him ... errr... I mean his son in law Jared and he thus wants to stick it into his daught ... err ... I mean stick it to Justin

/ preemptive - :tsk:

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, at least the ITC rolled back one of the tariffs on Canada that was actually impacting my job. Newspaper to send voter's information had suddenly come into short supply and it was unclear if there would be enough to go around the country prior to the General Election in the fall.

The ITC lifted the tariff noting it was not at the core of the tariff's objectives and could be harmful:
International Trade Commission overturns Trump tariffs on Canadian newsprint

On the plus side, at least there are balances (judicial, legislative, and bureaucratic) that do work in many instances.

On the down side, this is yet another example of how economic policies without planning and collaboration to prepare businesses, governments, and large infrastructure networks for their outcomes can be dangerously disruptive when (Trump's) lazy and rhetorical policies are implemented in a slapdash fashion and without a cohesive overall plan.

Trump's rhetoric and Twitter wars grab the headlines, but his real lack of intellect, lack of understanding of how large systems operate, and nepotism that prevents heading sound advice from advisors is the true disaster waiting to happen.

In short, the guy's a complete fucking idiot.

mooger_35

my hatred for MY team clouds my judgement
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And in 2016...

There is always a tweet

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ That 2016 tweet was fake news don't let the dishonest media tell you otherwise.

EDIT....oh crap otherwise is too large a word for Trump to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.