• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Triple Espresso of Coffee Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
toa23nvn7fd41.png

Fair point

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As if the court system wasn’t already in terrible shape, Trudeau & Co.’s response to the Colten Boushie verdict to reform jury selection wasn’t explicit enough on whether it should be applied to cases in progress and now 4 months worth of violent crime convictions are at risk of being overturned.

Ontario appeal court rules some changes to jury selection process were misapplied in 1st-degree murder case

Including this doozy:

Man convicted in College Street Bar gang r*pe seeks appeal after court ruling on jury selection | CBC News

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are many lessons here, but first and foremost perhaps you shouldn't be smug when you don't know your ass from your elbow.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bunch o' pinko commies over there!

https://nypost.com/2020/01/23/goldm...r-do-ipos-for-companies-with-all-male-boards/

In all seriousness this is likely part of a transition from public legislation of equal opportunity programs to private enterprise seeing, and reaping, the benefits of giving people other than old white dudes a chance.

:clap:

/In before the <derp> "why should they get more chances than me?!?! And does there HAVE to be one male on the board?!?" crowd shows up.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^ And although the content seems encouraging, my apologies for an article that is not the greatest quality of writing.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assuming it would be a road tunnel, this Gaza-WB tunnel would be at least 40 km’s long, or 15 km’s longer than the world’s current longest.

It would also be completely pointless considering there’s nothing but desert in most areas between the two territories.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyway, giving the Palestinians almost none of the Jordan Valley or Dead Sea coast probably isn’t going to get anywhere, and that’s without even getting started on WB settlements. Pointless exercise.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bunch o' pinko commies over there!

https://nypost.com/2020/01/23/goldm...r-do-ipos-for-companies-with-all-male-boards/

In all seriousness this is likely part of a transition from public legislation of equal opportunity programs to private enterprise seeing, and reaping, the benefits of giving people other than old white dudes a chance.

:clap:

/In before the <derp> "why should they get more chances than me?!?! And does there HAVE to be one male on the board?!?" crowd shows up.
I can't speak for board make up but private sector's been moving this way for a while even if people are still prone to ignore the progress and just shit on big business as a whole (which, usually, big business is deserving of).

Microsoft and Google are run by Indian guys.
GM, Lockheed Martin, Northrup Grumman and Oracle are run by women.
Apple is run by a gay man.
Tesla is run by an insane person.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can be a bit of a germaphobe (autocorrect tried to change this to geographer) so things like possible pandemics get my attention. Right now I work for a healthcare/hospital system but its not big deal because I work in a nice clean office and we only deal with business devices here, not clinical. So when I was given a project this week to clean up some laptops and get them ready for a project - I assumed all the dried liquids on the machines were from messy office workers. Then when I begin powering them on I can tell by the naming conventions these were in patient areas. I cannot count how many times I washed my hands today or how many Clorox wipes I have used.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, is anyone hiring?

Reason 1, the upcoming pandemic.
Reason 2, my asshole coworker (and former (I hope) *********) who I thought was being permanently transferred to a different location - is coming back. From the few times he as been in the office the last 6 months, I cannot put up with him on a regular basis anymore. I got another 6 weeks of peace.
Reason 3, my commute is longer than Phoenix to Glendale.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't speak for board make up but private sector's been moving this way for a while even if people are still prone to ignore the progress and just shit on big business as a whole (which, usually, big business is deserving of).

Microsoft and Google are run by Indian guys.
GM, Lockheed Martin, Northrup Grumman and Oracle are run by women.
Apple is run by a gay man.
Tesla is run by an insane person.

For sure. I was kind of impressed to see on old boys' place like Goldman make it this overt though.

Status
Not open for further replies.