• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trestman doesn't rule out Cutler vs Packers

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TheDangerousKitchen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, screw Cutler.

Let's face facts: Our "franchise" QB is a cream puff, and in all probability he'll only end up getting injured again and again and again (like he's done during his entire tenure with the Bears).

Besides, as bad as the Bears' Defense has been WITH Briggs I'm afraid to see how far they'll drop without him... the Offense may have to average 40 points just to win another game, and that ain't happening with OR without Cutler.

It's just so sad (and frustrating) to watch the Bears/Bulls get snake-bit with injuries every freakin' year!

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The better the bears play against Green bay, the faster he will return to try to save his 20 million dollar deal.

I hope the bears show some balls and let McCown start again if he plays well against Green Bay even if cutler deems himself ready.

The left side of the line is not doing well at all. Runs are gaining behind the rookies, penetration comes from the big money side. Thats the side that will get cutler hurt again, most probably ending the season.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's face facts: Our "franchise" QB is a cream puff, and in all probability he'll only end up getting injured again and again and again (like he's done during his entire tenure with the Bears).

I pray that you're joking. Cutler has made a higher percentage of his starts throughout his career than Petyon Manning, Tom Brady, etc... and has done so behind the worst O-lines in football throughout the past five years. A cream puff? You go out and get the living hell beat out of you by 300 pound physical specimens for five years, and we'll see who is a cream puff. Cutler wanting to come back for this GB game just proves, YET AGAIN, that he's tough as nails.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I pray that you're joking. Cutler has made a higher percentage of his starts throughout his career than Petyon Manning, Tom Brady, etc... and has done so behind the worst O-lines in football throughout the past five years. A cream puff? You go out and get the living hell beat out of you by 300 pound physical specimens for five years, and we'll see who is a cream puff. Cutler wanting to come back for this GB game just proves, YET AGAIN, that he's tough as nails.

Sorry Rich,but we`re not built for the NFL like the players are....Of course we`d get the snot knocked out of us.But so would a 200lb NFL player knock us out of the game.
Cutler is not cut out for this team.......Time to move on.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry Rich,but we`re not built for the NFL like the players are....Of course we`d get the snot knocked out of us.But so would a 200lb NFL player knock us out of the game.
Cutler is not cut out for this team.......Time to move on.

Nobody is cut out to take the beating Cutler has over the past five years. You must be joking.

The amount of games he has started is EXTREMELY impressive.

If you want to argue that he doesn't have the ability, fine. However, to argue that he isn't tough or durable enough... you're a freaking MORON. MO-RON. An IDIOT. A DUMBASS.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The lack of respect Cutler gets from Bears fans is amazing.

The Dead Sea Scroll of shitty QB's that we've had in the last 25 years, and you all wanna ship this kid out!?

Can we at least draft someone first!?

He should at least be Franchised next year...minimum.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The lack of respect Cutler gets from Bears fans is amazing.

The Dead Sea Scroll of shitty QB's that we've had in the last 25 years, and you all wanna ship this kid out!?

Can we at least draft someone first!?

He should at least be Franchised next year...minimum.

It's truly unbelievable that people can watch Cutler go through what he has the past five seasons, and dismiss him for suffering a few injuries.

He's made over 92% of his possible starts in his career. Which is the same as Manning or Brady, and he's done it behind the worse offensive lines in the NFL.

Unreal how dumb most football fans are.

Cutler is in his first year in yet ANOTHER brand new system, and this offense is better than it ever has been in his time here. We're near the top of the league in points scored. An offense like Trestman's takes into it's THIRD season to start clicking the way it should. Jay's done a very good job in the first half of YEAR ONE.

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had a steeler fan tell me,"Man, Jay Cutler really gave up on you guys, what a pussy!" after he hurt his knee in the NFC championship game. I couldnt believe it. I asked him how many Bears games he had watched. He said a few. I said if you watched any Bears games, you would know that fucker took a beating that only the likes of David Carr had ever seen, over the course of the entire season. A lesser man would have quit long before the game of that magnitude, and if you think he's a pussy, you are fucking stupid. Period.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had a steeler fan tell me,"Man, Jay Cutler really gave up on you guys, what a pussy!" after he hurt his knee in the NFC championship game. I couldnt believe it. I asked him how many Bears games he had watched. He said a few. I said if you watched any Bears games, you would know that fucker took a beating that only the likes of David Carr had ever seen, over the course of the entire season. A lesser man would have quit long before the game of that magnitude, and if you think he's a pussy, you are fucking stupid. Period.

LOL, the funny thing is, that RGIII was never bashed for missing MULTIPLE games in the stretch run last year with a LESSER degree of the same injury.

Multiple QB's have missed time with lesser injuries, and not a peep ever gets said.

Cutler is as tough as they come, and as durable. Two concussions, a broken finger, and a torn groin. That's nothing when you look at the beating he's taken.

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He almost broke the sack record that one year, and even when he wasnt getying sacked he was getting hit on what seemed like every damn play. My god it was nerve wracking. I dont know how many times i thought,"Oh shit, thats it, no way he's getting up from that one." Then get smashed again on the next play!

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's truly unbelievable that people can watch Cutler go through what he has the past five seasons, and dismiss him for suffering a few injuries.

He's made over 92% of his possible starts in his career. Which is the same as Manning or Brady, and he's done it behind the worse offensive lines in the NFL.

Unreal how dumb most football fans are.

Cutler is in his first year in yet ANOTHER brand new system, and this offense is better than it ever has been in his time here. We're near the top of the league in points scored. An offense like Trestman's takes into it's THIRD season to start clicking the way it should. Jay's done a very good job in the first half of YEAR ONE.

First off, he has missed an entire season of time with injuries, which is 25% of the games.

Secondly, they cater to him by not signing a strong enough backup that would replace him after throwing multiple interceptions in a game.

Do either of those cases say team?

What he pussied out of was the giants onslaught and the playoff game at halftime. Nobody is saying he is pussying out of hits or tough games by faking an injury.

These commentators are on his jizz wagon. That was a perfect throw as Bennet goes up 40" in the air, gets stabbed in the ribs by a helmet and falls awkwardly to the ground. You watch the great ones and they dont throw the ball when the receiver is gonna get hit unless its to get a first down, they see 10 yards ahead of the catch. Back shoulder throws should not need to be catches the receivers need to dive for and worry about keeping their feet inbounds.

the only quarterbacks that should be making 20 million are payaton and brady. rodgers is close, Brees is close. Flacco is not, Eli is not, and they both have super bowl rings. Cutler is not in that conversation. He is still a gunslinger with happy feet.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off, he has missed an entire season of time with injuries, which is 25% of the games.

Secondly, they cater to him by not signing a strong enough backup that would replace him after throwing multiple interceptions in a game.

Do either of those cases say team?

Uh... what? Jay has missed 8 out of 100 possible starts in his career. How is that a "entire season worth of injuries". I also don't even know that the second two points are supposed to mean.

What he pussied out of was the giants onslaught and the playoff game at halftime. Nobody is saying he is pussying out of hits or tough games by faking an injury.

He was knocked the fuck out cold after being sacked 9 times versus the Giants... and then he missed the next week because he couldn't pass concussion tests to be allowed to play.

Pussied out of the GB game? Really? You're one of these morons? Do I REAAAALLLY have to go back over this for the 100th time, and show you how dumb that is?

These commentators are on his jizz wagon. That was a perfect throw as Bennet goes up 40" in the air, gets stabbed in the ribs by a helmet and falls awkwardly to the ground. You watch the great ones and they dont throw the ball when the receiver is gonna get hit unless its to get a first down, they see 10 yards ahead of the catch. Back shoulder throws should not need to be catches the receivers need to dive for and worry about keeping their feet inbounds.

Dude... you seriously need to stop trying to comment on QB play. You clearly don't have the slightest clue as to what the fuck you are talking about. I get second hand embarrassment when I read your posts on Cutler's QB play.

[the only quarterbacks that should be making 20 million are payaton and brady. rodgers is close, Brees is close. Flacco is not, Eli is not, and they both have super bowl rings. Cutler is not in that conversation. He is still a gunslinger with happy feet.

I agree, too many QB's make 20 mil, and I doubt Cutler gets that this off-season. Oh, and Jay doesn't have happy feet. That's a rather absurd suggestion. Jay's pocket movement and awareness is actually one of his strengths. Not shocking that you wouldn't pick up on that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he should take a couple of extra weeks off to make sure he's fully healed. Who is your guys backup again ?

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody is cut out to take the beating Cutler has over the past five years. You must be joking.

The amount of games he has started is EXTREMELY impressive.

If you want to argue that he doesn't have the ability, fine. However, to argue that he isn't tough or durable enough... you're a freaking MORON. MO-RON. An IDIOT. A DUMBASS.

Would you quit acting like he is thee ONLY qb to get sacked alot(check out more than just last season too).......

2013 NFL Player Passing Stats - National Football League - ESPN

ps..........You know the old saying"sticks and stones"............:rollseyes:

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you quit acting like he is thee ONLY qb to get sacked alot(check out more than just last season too).......

2013 NFL Player Passing Stats - National Football League - ESPN

ps..........You know the old saying"sticks and stones"............:rollseyes:

Of course there's other QB's who have been sacked a lot. However, no one has taken the beating Jay took consistently from 2009 through 2012.

Don't be stupid.

Also, why the hell would you post this years sack numbers? WTF are you doing?

It's pretty much a foregone conclusion that the line has SIGNIFICANTLY improved from the last few seasons. It's one of the main reasons why Jay should stick around.

Last edited by a moderator:

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he should take a couple of extra weeks off to make sure he's fully healed. Who is your guys backup again ?

I think that's what he's doing this week versus GB. Most players have said they expect him back versus Detroit. When Jay was asked about it, he grinned and said "it's a possibility". Which leads me to believe he'll play or come very close. It is his contract year after all.

If he plays versus Detroit, that will have been three weeks of rest. He originally diagnosed as having a four week injury. So that's not too far off.

If the Bears drop this game to GB, which they should, the Detroit game becomes an absolute must win. So, I think he may be out there.

Josh McCown is the Bears backup, BTW. Played very well versus Washington, and the team never was once forced to punt the entire time he was in from the mid-second quarter and on. However, it was Washington's defense. GB will likely cause him problems. I think he'll do fine, he's experienced, but... he just doesn't have the physical tools Jay does.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2009 - season to date sacks

Cutler = 158
Rodgers = 185

just saying