• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trestman doesn't rule out Cutler vs Packers

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2009 - season to date sacks

Cutler = 158
Rodgers = 185

just saying

Per pass attempt Cutler was sacked more. Rodgers has attempted 500 more passes than Cutler since 2009 when he arrived here.

I also believe Cutler has been hit and hurried more.

Rodgers never had to deal with the type of beatings that Jay took in that game versus the Giants in 2010.

Last edited by a moderator:

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why does that matter how many pass attempts?

that fact is that Rodgers has been taken a beating as well but keeps ticking

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It matters because that means Cutler gets hit far more per drop back. Meaning, that the odds of him getting hit when he fades back to pass are greater than Rodgers. (Or were... as the protection has been good this season)

No one is saying Rodgers hasn't gotten hit a lot, but just that a lot of his sacks were due to the large amount of times Green Bay has thrown the ball in his tenure there.

The original point I was making had nothing to do with Rodgers anyway. The point is, that Cutler has taken as much of a beating as any QB in the NFL, and has made 92% of his possible starts in his career (since making his first start). Which is just as good as what many QB's that are considered "elite" have done in their careers with far better protection.

Cutler has taken beating after beating in his career in Chicago, and keeps coming back for more. Which is admirable, and any fan who says he isn't tough, is downright stupid. Argue that he doesn't have the ability all you want, but he absolutely has the balls.

If you play QB in the NFL for long enough, you're going to suffer a couple of bad injuries. Especially if you play behind offensive lines like Cutler has. Cutler's had two significant injuries in his career. Rodgers has had none, but in all likelihood, that will change. I know you guys were spoiled by Brett, but there was a lot of luck that played into that. I'm sure you guys already know that.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2009 - season to date sacks

Cutler = 158
Rodgers = 185

just saying

WAY More passes, much better receivers and most of AR's sacks are not from complete fucking breakdowns on the line. Which mean he is able to somewhat protect himself. You seldom see someone come untouched against the Pack, let alone 2 or 3.

AR is a tough SOB too....nobody is denying that, but there is no way you can compare the line play of the two over the course of the last 4 years. I know the Packers line has been bad, but the coaching has been much better to compensate for that.

We had arguably the worst line in the league, and piss-poor offensive coaching and surrounding talent, to go with it.

I personally have never seen a QB take the beating that Jay has over the aforementioned time period.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WAY More passes, much better receivers and most of AR's sacks are not from complete fucking breakdowns on the line. Which mean he is able to somewhat protect himself. You seldom see someone come untouched against the Pack, let alone 2 or 3.

AR is a tough SOB too....nobody is denying that, but there is no way you can compare the line play of the two over the course of the last 4 years. I know the Packers line has been bad, but the coaching has been much better to compensate for that.

We had arguably the worst line in the league, and piss-poor offensive coaching and surrounding talent, to go with it.

I personally have never seen a QB take the beating that Jay has over the aforementioned time period.

Yeah, Cutler from 09 through 12 and David Carr in his first couple years when he was with Houston were the worst I've ever seen.

TheDangerousKitchen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom Line our "franchise QB" has been a HUGE disappointment in large part because he can't stay healthy.

That sack on him wasn't even vicious... in fact it was just a common, ordinary tackle. Yet Cutler tore his groin!?!?!

Sorry, the dude is soft like a cream puff!

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom Line our "franchise QB" has been a HUGE disappointment in large part because he can't stay healthy.

That sack on him wasn't even vicious... in fact it was just a common, ordinary tackle. Yet Cutler tore his groin!?!?!

Sorry, the dude is soft like a cream puff!

Lol, The Dangerous Kitchen is back! What a train wreck of a poster this guy is.

Picking up where he left off, of course.

"Always hurt"... "soft as a cream puff". Yeah, the guy that's missed 8 out of 100 career start opportunities is ALWAYS hurt. The guy that has started 92% of his starts while taking beating after beating behind the worst o-line in football for four straight years.

What a softie...

How's Rex doing, TDK? lol, Boy... you were sure right about him! He's really lighting it up on the Skins practice squad!

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course there's other QB's who have been sacked a lot. However, no one has taken the beating Jay took consistently from 2009 through 2012.

Don't be stupid.

Also, why the hell would you post this years sack numbers? WTF are you doing?

It's pretty much a foregone conclusion that the line has SIGNIFICANTLY improved from the last few seasons. It's one of the main reasons why Jay should stick around.

Why????????

Cause at the top of the stat page you can go back to the previuos years sacks............Its not that hard to figure out.
This year Cutler had been sacked 10s this year and he`s out?.........Thats 32nd in the least amount of times.......
2012:
Rodgers sacked 51 xs 16 games played-Rivers 49xs 16 games played-Dalton 46 16 games-Flacco 41 and 16.....Cutler 38 and 15.
Roethlisberger,Rodgers,Flacco.....These guys are sacked as much as cutler and all play 16 games a season.............stop with the Cutler excuses please........

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why am I agreeing with a Packer fan.............:L

Cmon guys he`s right,does pass attempts really lessen the blows...NO!

A sack is a sack.Sure there are harder sacks than other ones.
But Cutler was sacked only 10xs this year and his va jj already hurts...........Tired of making excuses(no o-line,no wrs,no tes,o-coordinator)........Time to see whats in the free agent market or what we can do in the draft.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 of the 3 injuries he's sustained in his career, have been freak-accidents.

None of his injuries have anything to do with "toughness". No QB coulda played thru em'.

And its hard to call him injury-prone, when as stated...2 of the 3 are what most would consider, freak accidents.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
25 years to get a QB worth his weight in shit, and y'all wanna ship him out after half a season under his first offensive coach since he's been here. First year he's been surrounded by any semblance of an O-line, receiving core and offensive playbook...

I guess I'm a harder guy to convince of our other options.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 of the 3 injuries he's sustained in his career, have been freak-accidents.

None of his injuries have anything to do with "toughness". No QB coulda played thru em'.

And its hard to call him injury-prone, when as stated...2 of the 3 are what most would consider, freak accidents.

Freak accidents are even worse than actually getting beat up by a def-line.........

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
25 years to get a QB worth his weight in shit, and y'all wanna ship him out after half a season under his first offensive coach since he's been here. First year he's been surrounded by any semblance of an O-line, receiving core and offensive playbook...

You dont call Mike Martz an offensive coach? Greatest show on turf?

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You dont call Mike Martz an offensive coach? Greatest show on turf?

Uh, he was the best he had, and was constantly undermined by Tice. And his system was dated. Nor did we have the players to run it anyway.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There are no other options than Cutler right now...........I agree.

But I`m tired of making excuses foe this guy.
I was all hyped at the bgegining of the season when we finally have our o-line in place,wrs we`ve been clamoring about for awhile,a very good te,an o-minded coach and now we have no qb cause he`s hurt all the time..
So what goes for next season?
How do we fix his injury problems?
Do we pray every single game next year in hopes he plays the following weeK?
Do you honestly think he will take us to the SB?
His best shot was the Champiuonship game vs GB and he blew it.He was playing like crao to begin with and hanie did better than him with the same o-line.
How about Big ben playing on one leg?
Or RGIII last season in the playoffs playing on one leg.........Our qb sits on the damn sideline riding a bike......

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are no other options than Cutler right now...........I agree.

But I`m tired of making excuses foe this guy.
I was all hyped at the bgegining of the season when we finally have our o-line in place,wrs we`ve been clamoring about for awhile,a very good te,an o-minded coach and now we have no qb cause he`s hurt all the time..
So what goes for next season?
How do we fix his injury problems?
Do we pray every single game next year in hopes he plays the following weeK?
Do you honestly think he will take us to the SB?
His best shot was the Champiuonship game vs GB and he blew it.He was playing like crao to begin with and hanie did better than him with the same o-line.
How about Big ben playing on one leg?
Or RGIII last season in the playoffs playing on one leg.........Our qb sits on the damn sideline riding a bike......

Wow, you really have ZERO CLUE as to what you're talking about. Don't you?

RGIII missed almost a MONTH with a grade III sprain of his MCL. Cutler got a shot at halftime and came back into the game versus GB with a GRADE II TEAR of his MCL.

RGIII missed a month with lesser injury than Cutler got bitched at for trying to play with in the NFCCG, and then being pulled by the coaching and medical staff.

He played on one leg? LOL... yeah, two months after suffering a lesser knee injury than Cutler = PLAYING ON ONE LEG. However, when Cutler tries to come back in with a more damaging injury to his knee 20 minutes after the hit. He's SOFT.

You really have made a fine dunce of yourself in this thread.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why am I agreeing with a Packer fan.............:L

Cmon guys he`s right,does pass attempts really lessen the blows...NO!

A sack is a sack.Sure there are harder sacks than other ones.
But Cutler was sacked only 10xs this year and his va jj already hurts...........Tired of making excuses(no o-line,no wrs,no tes,o-coordinator)........Time to see whats in the free agent market or what we can do in the draft.

He tore his groin. You blithering moron. What do you want him to do?

He's missed 8 out of a possible 100 starts. He's battled his ass off behind the worst O-line in football over the past four years. He's been hit more than any other QB, and sacked more than any other QB per drop back.

If you play long enough, you get hurt. Brady, Manning, etc... all have. If you play long enough behind terrible protection, you will get hurt a little bit more.

The fact that Cutler has made 92% of his starts in his career, is truly a testament to his durability and his toughness.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cutler is plenty good enough to lead us for a few more years. I can't knock the best Bear QB in forever. Now if we had a top pick to get a young guy next year? But we don't and we need Cutler for a few more years. I had much higher expectations for Jay also, but I get it's largely our fault. We would have ruined many of the great QBs with how things got done here in Jays time here.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He tore his groin. You blithering moron. What do you want him to do?

He's missed 8 out of a possible 100 starts. He's battled his ass off behind the worst O-line in football over the past four years. He's been hit more than any other QB, and sacked more than any other QB per drop back.

If you play long enough, you get hurt. Brady, Manning, etc... all have. If you play long enough behind terrible protection, you will get hurt a little bit more.

The fact that Cutler has made 92% of his starts in his career, is truly a testament to his durability and his toughness.

And this was after 10 sacks.........Hurt again.

Does not matter what type of injury it is,its the fact he is hurt again.:gaah:

Name calling will never hurt me..........But calling Cutler a puss kills you.:nod: