• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Treff's biggest Busts of 2015

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are the guys I'm avoiding like the plague. Using ADP data from fantasy football calculator, I strongly suggest staying far away from these guys, unless they fall, and fall hard in your your draft. BTW, I'm not even mentioning CJ Anderson, as I don't want this entire thread dedicated to why I don't think he'll hold the job.

#1- DeMarco Murray (adp-2.04) biggest reason I'm staying off Murray, is the 400++ touches last season and his history of injuries. This guy is a ticking time bomb to end up injured. But along with that, I give you exhibit A in 2014 Shady McCoy. A perennial stud turned to mush by both the Eagles line, and Chip Kelly's inexplicable usage. Kelly is already in record saying that usage pattern is going to continue. All three of Murray Mathews and Sproles will be used extensively..a member of a 3 headed committee is not what you want to spend a second round pick on. Maybe a 4th, not a 2nd.

#2. Emmanuel Sanders (ADP 3.09). 100+ catches last year. Sounds great right? Sure, but he's not doing it this year, not even close. Ask the owners of Eric Moulds and Kevin Walter, how a #2 WR fairs in a Kubiak offense. Can have a decent looking season, but very very inconsistant, you'll never guess the right game where they have 100+ and 2 TD's. Sanders time in the limelight had come and gone. Let someone else chase last year's stats.

3. TJ Yeldon (ADP-5.05). A rookie RB, on a bad offensive team, headed by a shaky, yet loaded with potential, 2nd year QB, an average at best line, no real that's on the outside, he has no help to ease his transition, and EVERY scoring report you can find on this dude says he lacks the power to break most tackles, and he lacks the speed to outrun NFL caliber defenders. So he's neither a speed guy or a power guy, so why is he being handed the job when he's nothing more than a younger version of Toby Gerhert? Look for the Jags to turn back to Shoelace sooner rather than later. Don't depend on this guy to be your RB2 all year long, he's unprovenand doesn't have the measurables to be given the benefit of the doubt until he does.

4. Victor Cruz (ADP 6.07) How he's going in the sixth round is beyond me. A proven injury risk before the career threatening patellar tendon tear, and he's still a 6th rounder after it? No thanks not for me. The torque and strain put on the knee joint in professional football is unreal, and the patellar tendon tear is one of the most devastating injuries any athlete can attempt to recover from. Google Ryan Williams if you desire a very recent piece of evidence. Cruz isn't playing 16 games with that bum wheel, and whatever games he does play in, he's not going to be a shadow of what he used to be.

5. Alfred Blue (ADP 6.12) Even IF he can hang onto the starting job in Foster's absence, he's only looking at about 8 games. ..half a season of getting meaningful playing time. Not worth a sixth round pick (or a seventh) by any stretch of the imagination. And that's IF he is the guy. I have my doubts that his barely above 3 career YPC can hang onto the job to begin with. Would much rather take Grimes in the last couple rounds.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've heard you mention Kelly use age of McCoy before, what exactly did Kelly do? Kelly coached him the year prior and that was one of McCoy better seasons. Big difference in receiving stats between 2013 and 2014, but I'd point to the QB for that. About the same # of carries rushing.

Last edited:

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've heard you mention Kelly use age of McCoy before, what exactly did Kelly do? Kelly coached him the year prior and that was one of McCoy better seasons. Big difference in receiving stats between 2013 and 2014, but I'd point to the QB for that. About the same # of carries rushing.
This is just from my own observation, as I can't find any numbers to back it up. But, from watching those Eagles games, it seemed like McCoy was taken out at the oddest times. I know the rushes are exactly the same, but the total offensive plays were over a 100 more from '13 to '14. There was more to be had, but it wasn't given to Shady.

Regardless, Murray won't hold up to that, they know it, they'll use him accordingly. .which is bad news for us if we own Murray

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I must say, there isn't a word I disagree with on that list.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I must say, there isn't a word I disagree with on that list.
Yep, Treff nailed it pretty nicely. Not a handcuff fan, but Murray and Mathews isn't a traditional one and looks like a must-do.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Philly had some problems with injuries on their offensive line early in the season last year. I agree with not touching Murray with a 10 foot pole though. Last year was the first season he didn't get sidelined by an injury since high school and the only reason he didn't get sidelined last season is because he was willing to wear a cast during a contract year.

As for the OP I disagree with the part about Yeldon. Denard Robinson played pretty well when he was given enough carries and I think Yeldon will be better than Denard.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Philly had some problems with injuries on their offensive line early in the season last year. I agree with not touching Murray with a 10 foot pole though. Last year was the first season he didn't get sidelined by an injury since high school and the only reason he didn't get sidelined last season is because he was willing to wear a cast during a contract year.

As for the OP I disagree with the part about Yeldon. Denard Robinson played pretty well when he was given enough carries and I think Yeldon will be better than Denard.
Just because I'm curious as to what others see that I'm not, what about Yeldon gives you reason to think so? From what I've seen, and read about him, I'm not seeing it. Perhaps you could change my mind

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because I'm curious as to what others see that I'm not, what about Yeldon gives you reason to think so? From what I've seen, and read about him, I'm not seeing it. Perhaps you could change my mind
Just from seeing him play at Alabama. He does well on short yardage and seems to have enough wiggle to bust out a few more yards than expected without decent 2nd level blocking. He seems pretty competent in the short passing game but I haven't paid enough attention to how well he blocks which will probably be the determining factor in his amount of playing time.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has been getting great reviews from the local radio down here and they normally dont pull their punches.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ust from seeing him play at Alabama. He does well on short yardage and seems to have enough wiggle to bust out a few more yards than expected without decent 2nd level blocking.
I see this/saw this too when watching Bama games. But my concern is the consistent level of talent on their O-line. I keep feeling like that's the reason their running backs were so successful in college. Other than Lacy and Ingram(to a degree), there haven't been many successful RBs come from there in recent time. Not saying I couldn't be wrong about Yeldon, I am just staying away from him based on my perceptions of him.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Saw this video yesterday. Made me remember what a douchebag Cushing is.

Agree on all your points about Blue though.
I love Douches on my defense. Hated Romanowski as a Niner, LOATHED him as a Donkey, but as a Raider? He was my favorite player!

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Douches on my defense. Hated Romanowski as a Niner, LOATHED him as a Donkey, but as a Raider? He was my favorite player!
He's from U$C though, which makes him an even bigger douche imo. Took me a bit to get over the fact that Reggie was a Lion. I think it was his first break away TD that got me over it. ;)

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see this/saw this too when watching Bama games. But my concern is the consistent level of talent on their O-line. I keep feeling like that's the reason their running backs were so successful in college. Other than Lacy and Ingram(to a degree), there haven't been many successful RBs come from there in recent time. Not saying I couldn't be wrong about Yeldon, I am just staying away from him based on my perceptions of him.
As a life long Husker fan, that's the same issue we always had. Excellent offensive lines, which artificially inflated our hopes for our RB's as pros. With the exception of Roger Craig and Ahman Green, Husker RB's have largely been busts in the NFL. But now that we no longer have that kind of elite pipeline..we're staying to get some success. ..Helu, and hopefully Abdullah. And there's a stud in the waiting (I think) in Terrel Newby, and a potential situational power back in Imani Cross.

But anyways. .yeah, that's another reason I am hesitant on Yeldon

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's from U$C though, which makes him an even bigger douche imo. Took me a bit to get over the fact that Reggie was a Lion. I think it was his first break away TD that got me over it. ;)
Then you hated him again as he hobbled to the bench?

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far Richardson is the first one to be a product of the Alabama line who was overrated coming into the NFL. I agree they have a great line. I guess we'll see if they turn into Wisconsin who always has overrated running backs.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then you hated him again as he hobbled to the bench?
Absolutely.

Loved him for the one year he was largely successful, then I got pissed every time he'd start to have a decent game only to end up on the bench b/c of his hurt vag.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a life long Husker fan, that's the same issue we always had. Excellent offensive lines, which artificially inflated our hopes for our RB's as pros. With the exception of Roger Craig and Ahman Green, Husker RB's have largely been busts in the NFL. But now that we no longer have that kind of elite pipeline..we're staying to get some success. ..Helu, and hopefully Abdullah. And there's a stud in the waiting (I think) in Terrel Newby, and a potential situational power back in Imani Cross.

But anyways. .yeah, that's another reason I am hesitant on Yeldon
Just realized why you're so high on Ameer. :doh: