• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Treff's 2013 QB rankings

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB
1. Aaron Rodgers
2. Drew Brees
3. Peyton Manning
4. Colin Keapernick
5. Tom Brady
6. Matt Ryan
7. Cam Newton
8. Matt Stafford
9. Tony Romo
10. Russel Wilson
11. RGIII
12. Andrew Luck
13. Eli Manning
14. Andy Dalton
15. Jay Cutler
16. Joe Flacco
17. Josh Freeman
18. Big Ben Roethlisberger
19. Phillip Rivers
20. SAm Bradford
21. Matt Schuab
22. Alex Smith
23. Nick Foles
24. Ryan Tannehill
25. Jake Locker
26. Carson Palmer
27. Brandon Weedon
28. Christian Ponder
29. Ej Manuel
30. Blaine Gabbert
31. Matt FLynn
32. Geno Smith
33. Mike Vick
34. Chad Henne
35. Kurt Cousins
36. Kevin Kolb
37. Mark Sanchez
38. Jason Campbell
39. Drew Stanton
40. Matt Cassel

Top 2 are basically no brainers, and virtually interchangeable. Would never fault anyone for taking Brees ahead of rodgers, especially with Sean Peyton back in the mix this season. Das San Fran Wunderkind, Keapernick is just too electric to be held down, and if the rumors of unleashing the most athletic TE in the league are to be believed, combined with the physical presence of Boldin, he could be fantasy gold. I'm not going to put Tom Brady in the bust category by any means, but given the crazy offseason that has ripped his entire receiving corp apart, Welker gone, Gronk out till whenever, hernandez off the team, Lloyd gone, and only a brittle Amendola to take their place.. realistics expectations have to be lowered a bit. Matt Ryan should take his rightful place amongst the elite Qb's this year. Cam continues to light up the fantasy scoreboard, even if he is a crappy leader on the field. The addition of Reggie Bush only helps Matt Stafford, he probably becomes the 2nd most reliable target on the field. Love him or hate him, Romo is always a in or very near the top ten in fantasyland, even though he seemingly always does something boneheaded in real life. Rounding out my top ten, Russel Wilson, the kiddie gloves are officially off for the full 16 game season this year, and if what he did last eyar with the gloves still on is any indication, the sky is the limit for this dude. RGIII doesn't make my top ten, as I honestly feel he will miss too many games this season, whether it's due to the current knee injury, or a new one sustained in season, he will go down again, but, will be a top ten QB while healthy.

Coming soon..RB, WR, TE..and all the rest

Last edited by a moderator:

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please feel free to comment, I'm posting these in an attempt to generate discussion!

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only quibble I have in your top ten is Kaps - but it's a ballsy call. He's shown he's capable in a brief stint, but I'm not sold yet. Although he looks like he can handle a beating better than RGIII, he may get some hard hits on his runs (if he's not reined in). And we haven't seen how he reacts after a bad game, because he hasn't had one.

It's easy to compare him with Wilson... and I think Wilson is the better bet. To me Wilson has better accuracy and better leadership.

Farther down, I think Alex Smith and Tannehill are low, but barely within fantasy relevance either way.

Obviously you're betting Vick implodes. Hard to argue against it.

A final thought: nothing reminds me of Kaepernick's stellar second half more than Vick's stellar second half in 2010.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I'm banking on Vick either A imploding, or B being hurt for half the season..either is a fairly safe assumption.
As for Caps..yea I know he's a bit of a stretch, and has a lot to prove, but where's the fun in copying and pasting Eisenberg's rankings?? ;)
As for the comparison to Wilson..I like Kaps more because of his build, but also because he sat and learned for a year, he was doing great things before they took the handcuffs off of him. And I think his decision making and accuracy are every bit as good as Wilson's, and he's taller, faster, and I just like the way the offense will be built around him. I have a feeling Seattle's offense will still run through Lynch, although Wilson will be just fine as well.
As for the Vick comparison..just don't see it. Kap's is much more a student of the game than Vick ever has been or will be, meaning he should be able to actually adjust instead of just banging his head on against the wall once defenses start figuring him out. Vick's only comparison I've seen thus far..Vince Young, and Vick actually turns out the better man..go figure.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I'm banking on Vick either A imploding, or B being hurt for half the season..either is a fairly safe assumption.
As for Caps..yea I know he's a bit of a stretch, and has a lot to prove, but where's the fun in copying and pasting Eisenberg's rankings?? ;)
As for the comparison to Wilson..I like Kaps more because of his build, but also because he sat and learned for a year, he was doing great things before they took the handcuffs off of him. And I think his decision making and accuracy are every bit as good as Wilson's, and he's taller, faster, and I just like the way the offense will be built around him. I have a feeling Seattle's offense will still run through Lynch, although Wilson will be just fine as well.
As for the Vick comparison..just don't see it. Kap's is much more a student of the game than Vick ever has been or will be, meaning he should be able to actually adjust instead of just banging his head on against the wall once defenses start figuring him out. Vick's only comparison I've seen thus far..Vince Young, and Vick actually turns out the better man..go figure.
I like your take on Kaps/Wilson. I hve Kaps right there and WIlson outside of the top 10. I dropped Brady outside of the top 5 for the first time ever..........with that said the bastard will probably find a way (as usual) and be top 3!

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care where you rank them, whether it is 4 and 5, or 9 and 10, but I personally don't see the difference between Kaeps and Wilson. They are both mobile QBs in run based offenses with dominating D's. Wilson was utterly ridiculous over the last 10 games or so.

I think VD will be really good, but the loss of Crabtree hurts Kaps more than the Boldin acquisition helps. Both of these teams will run a lot with 4th quarter leads.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOW, 12 team leagues that start one QB are almost guaranteed an elite fantasy QB... QB might be left alone on draft day for longer than it usually has been, and for auctions, the QB value may be found very cheaply...

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am really high on Luck this year. They play against some really talented offenses (Houston x2, Denver, Seattle, San Francisco, Cincinnati, St. Louis, Miami), so I wouldn't be shocked if they were coming from behind a lot, given the fact that their defense is still pretty below average. Their RB stable is solid but unspectacular, so I could see him being a top 10 fantasy QB just on shear volume alone. Plus, he has some really talented guys to sling the rock to.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOW, 12 team leagues that start one QB are almost guaranteed an elite fantasy QB... QB might be left alone on draft day for longer than it usually has been, and for auctions, the QB value may be found very cheaply...

Definitely with you there. I've been somebody who always takes QBs early... but not this year.