• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Traveling to Kauffman Stadium to play the Royals

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evan Grant is pushing the Alfaro & Mazara to Philly for Hamels dead horse again

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta say I am pretty impressed where this season has gone and how it has turned around. I still don't have high expectations but they have been playing at pretty high level for last month. If they keep this up and don't have another April, they actually have a decent shot at the division.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta say I am pretty impressed where this season has gone and how it has turned around. I still don't have high expectations but they have been playing at pretty high level for last month. If they keep this up and don't have another April, they actually have a decent shot at the division.

The hard part is winning enough games to stay in the hunt without Beltre and Hamilton. This team looked like it was ready to take off before the injuries happened.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's just absurd

I have mentioned this before but I remember when there was talk of sending Rusty Greer to NY for Andy Petitte and Jorge Posada and Ranger fans went ballistic. Now Petitte was young and Posada was just coming up and I thought he is just an OFer. So I thought they should make the trade. Now I am not saying they should trade for Hamels but it is something to think about since Philly as talked about paying for part of his salary. Alfaro seems to be trending down right now and is league average at throwing out baserunners.

One thing many of us have mentioned in the past is a prospect is just that, a prospect. You are not sure what you will end up with. Hamels is a proven commodity. And we do not really know when and if Harrison, Holland, Darvish and Perez will be back.

Just playing devil's advocate here.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evan Grant is pushing the Alfaro & Mazara to Philly for Hamels dead horse again

Why? Honestly, someone is going to have explain to me how this makes sense, both on the field for 2015/beyond, and financially, how this doesn't hamstring us.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evan Grant needs to stick to something he is good at. That is if he is good at anything.

He has his good and bad moments. I am glad he is around so there someone in the Dallas area willing to talk about the Rangers.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The hard part is winning enough games to stay in the hunt without Beltre and Hamilton. This team looked like it was ready to take off before the injuries happened.

Yeah, I guess at least we took the series from the WS without em' but the Royals, Twins, and Dodgers coming up will be much tougher.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have mentioned this before but I remember when there was talk of sending Rusty Greer to NY for Andy Petitte and Jorge Posada and Ranger fans went ballistic. Now Petitte was young and Posada was just coming up and I thought he is just an OFer. So I thought they should make the trade. Now I am not saying they should trade for Hamels but it is something to think about since Philly as talked about paying for part of his salary. Alfaro seems to be trending down right now and is league average at throwing out baserunners.

One thing many of us have mentioned in the past is a prospect is just that, a prospect. You are not sure what you will end up with. Hamels is a proven commodity. And we do not really know when and if Harrison, Holland, Darvish and Perez will be back.

Just playing devil's advocate here.

Very valid observation and question.

The key for me is.....Philly as talked about paying for part of his salary......Which part are we talking about? Like the really BIG part, or the not so much part?

And I must say, since catching is so hard to find today, trading a young catcher is pretty risky business.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are still winning without them. Hamilton has not been involved long enough to have any real effect yet and Adrian will be back soon. In the meantime, we keep finding a way to win.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very valid observation and question.

The key for me is.....Philly as talked about paying for part of his salary......Which part are we talking about? Like the really BIG part, or the not so much part?

And I must say, since catching is so hard to find today, trading a young catcher is pretty risky business.

The article I saw did not go into exact numbers. Something that surprised me is the fact he has a WS ring so he has been there and done that, 5 consecutive years of 200 IP and 7 consecutive of 30 starts or more and yet he is only 31. It seems like he has been around forever.

I agree with you on it is hard to find good catchers. We supposedly had 3 of them a few years ago. What happened?

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are still winning without them. Hamilton has not been involved long enough to have any real effect yet and Adrian will be back soon. In the meantime, we keep finding a way to win.

Seems like ever since Martin realized that he does not have an everyday job he has been more productive at the plate.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you all hear that in Kangaroo Court that Prince Fielder wears a robe and a wig so DeShields calls him Uncle Phil for the character from Fresh Prince of Bel-air. I could just see Prince dressed up like that. Good chemistry with that clubhouse.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The article I saw did not go into exact numbers. Something that surprised me is the fact he has a WS ring so he has been there and done that, 5 consecutive years of 200 IP and 7 consecutive of 30 starts or more and yet he is only 31. It seems like he has been around forever.

I agree with you on it is hard to find good catchers. We supposedly had 3 of them a few years ago. What happened?

I'm not trying to be a contrarian here. But really and truly there's two ways to look at that stat. One is the obvious one, of "holy smokes this guy was/is terrific." Why wouldn't you want him? Two is, there's only so many throws in any arm, regardless of age, and he's throw a ton of pitches/innings and his first break down could be his last break down.