• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Travel 2021

bamagrad75

All Who Wander Are Not Lost
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't follow any in particular, but I Google about different points topics a decent amount... So Google likes to keep me updated on my news tiles. I am all Hilton, though, so I haven't really paid much attention to Marriott news.

View and One Mile are daily "blogs" on the travel industry, points, etc. Sometimes pick up a hot tip on a sale fare.

bamagrad75

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm... Maybe I'll look into it. Probably booking July 2nd. JUST in case I win the United covid sweepstakes.

It's never the same twice.

We booked all our Egypt tickets under multi city with Egypt Air, got a price break and they gave us international baggage allowance on all our domestic flights.

Other times, been cheaper to book tickets separate. You just have to try every stupid permutation.

gobucks0409

Sucking on my titties like you wanted me
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View and One Mile are daily "blogs" on the travel industry, points, etc. Sometimes pick up a hot tip on a sale fare.
I have a Scott's Cheap Flights membership, so I get notified of most deals that come around for Columbus, Cleveland, Cincinnati, and Pittsburgh. I usually use TPG for approximate points valuations.

bamagrad75

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a Scott's Cheap Flights membership, so I get notified of most deals that come around for Columbus, Cleveland, Cincinnati, and Pittsburgh. I usually use TPG for approximate points valuations.

I used to read TPG but sort of got away from him.

Emirates is going to be running a Miami to Dubai flight now and we can get a direct on (shudder) American to Miami. Of course, it's probably quicker for you thru JFK.

Delta has effed us up so many times on changing flights by 3 hours or more, they ate no longer reliable when I have connecting flights. And I refuse to fly thru Charlotte on American.

gobucks0409

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used to read TPG but sort of got away from him.

Emirates is going to be running a Miami to Dubai flight now and we can get a direct on (shudder) American to Miami. Of course, it's probably quicker for you thru JFK.

Delta has effed us up so many times on changing flights by 3 hours or more, they ate no longer reliable when I have connecting flights. And I refuse to fly thru Charlotte on American.
United and American are the two I try to fly most often now (American is the bigger airline in Columbus, and I fly to Chicago most often for work, so United). I used to mainly just plan trips based on what cheap airfare I could find. Now, I'm going to have to do it the other way around, and search for cheap airfare to a certain location.

bamagrad75

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
United and American are the two I try to fly most often now (American is the bigger airline in Columbus, and I fly to Chicago most often for work, so United). I used to mainly just plan trips based on what cheap airfare I could find. Now, I'm going to have to do it the other way around, and search for cheap airfare to a certain location.

Delta always our go to. 30 minutes to Atlanta, then anywhere. But they have become a high price snooty headache.

They changed our return from JFK by almost 5 hours so they are leaving before we land from Cairo.

FIVE hours on hold to change the ticket (your wait time is 90 minutes), no callback option offered, they never picked up. Shut down their Facebook and Twitter options. I FINALLY got thru to them on messenger after FOUR hours to change our tickets. Then, after giving her the flight numbers, she booked it wrong and had to do it again.

One poor guy spent 17 hours on hold. Ridiculous.

gobucks0409

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Delta always our go to. 30 minutes to Atlanta, then anywhere. But they have become a high price snooty headache.

They changed our return from JFK by almost 5 hours so they are leaving before we land from Cairo.

FIVE hours on hold to change the ticket (your wait time is 90 minutes), no callback option offered, they never picked up. Shut down their Facebook and Twitter options. I FINALLY got thru to them on messenger after FOUR hours to change our tickets. Then, after giving her the flight numbers, she booked it wrong and had to do it again.

One poor guy spent 17 hours on hold. Ridiculous.
Damn. I had a similar calling issue for Southwest, but ended up just changing stuff online.

bamagrad75

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn. I had a similar calling issue for Southwest, but ended up just changing stuff online.

I went to my app first. Sorry, you have to call in. Went to website. Sorry, you have to call in.

For FIVE hours, I listen to recordings on how I should use the app to make changes.

I could have driven to their fucking headquarters in Atlanta in less time.

gobucks0409

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@gobucks0409

Have you run the numbers flying into Joberg, then to CT?
No. We'd prefer to not add another layover if possible. Just from browsing around, the two seemed to be similarly priced. We would just fly through Johannesburg down to PE, but she needs to stop by the embassy in CT.