• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Training Camp Coming

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah- Same thought I had as I posted yesterday in a thread. I don't see us keeping both Raymond and Addison. It is going to be one or another. Too similar of players. I REALLY hope we keep Addison in some form, if not I will move on and I am sure he will get his shot on another team, but I would REALLY love for it to work here for him.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has Durron Neal made any sort of splash?

I've heard a couple of things but not much. Most likely doesn't make it through the first set of cuts.

I will give one surprise name to keep an eye on that might make the roster. From the sound of it Kilgo is in a pretty heated battle with Kyle Peko. Both have had really good days at camp but haven't fully been consistent. I would say Kilgo has the lead because of his experience last year and him actually being drafted but definitely going to be a fun battle to watch when the games start exactly 1 week from today!

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doss is the name that consistently comes up as making an impact. Looking like he is getting close to a lock making the team - and not just making the team but contributing.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doss is the name that consistently comes up as making an impact. Looking like he is getting close to a lock making the team - and not just making the team but contributing.

Yeah I would be shocked if he didn't make the team. He would have to completely fall apart for the next few weeks for him to not make the roster. He is even helping out quite a bit on punt coverage from what I understand and made a great play to down the ball at the 1 at one point. Honestly wouldn't surprise me to see him get in on our sub packages and have a 4-5 interception type season this year. QB's will think he is the weak link and he just seems to have a nose for the ball.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great news on Doss. I haven't read many reports then the updates on here as I was too in tuned to my college fantasy draft now that is over Ill be able to focus more on TC..

So far I just keep refreshing my rotoworld ap hoping no Bronco injuries.

I look at TC as the evil devil!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great news on Doss. I haven't read many reports then the updates on here as I was too in tuned to my college fantasy draft now that is over Ill be able to focus more on TC..

So far I just keep refreshing my rotoworld ap hoping no Bronco injuries.

I look at TC as the evil devil!

Oh I agree...Every once in a while I'll see something like "injury update" flash on my twitter account and man my heart just about stops. Thankfully so far doesn't sound like too bad of a camp so far. A few banged up guys and we have had 2 guys go to the IR so far in Brown and Taylor but both of those guys were fringe players anyway. That sounded a bit heartless which is not how I meant it to come across. I wish those guys well and maybe if they stick with us and get healed up next year they can compete once again. Marlon Brown in his 2 days of actual practice was lighting it up and was a star of those two days. His issues seem to be health related of why he isn't on an NFL roster.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I agree...Every once in a while I'll see something like "injury update" flash on my twitter account and man my heart just about stops. Thankfully so far doesn't sound like too bad of a camp so far. A few banged up guys and we have had 2 guys go to the IR so far in Brown and Taylor but both of those guys were fringe players anyway. That sounded a bit heartless which is not how I meant it to come across. I wish those guys well and maybe if they stick with us and get healed up next year they can compete once again. Marlon Brown in his 2 days of actual practice was lighting it up and was a star of those two days. His issues seem to be health related of why he isn't on an NFL roster.

I think Taylor was more of a move by Elway/and the cap guy to move Taylor aside for a moment and bring in Winn for a looksee. Taylor can come back anytime.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Taylor was more of a move by Elway/and the cap guy to move Taylor aside for a moment and bring in Winn for a looksee. Taylor can come back anytime.

I keep forgetting that rule that he can actually come back. I have been hearing good things about Winn so we will see if Taylor gets to come back.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be a great - injury free season - if Taylor can come back from IR - since there are only a limited amount of moves a team can make.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's unreal for me to think Trevor Siemien could be our best option at QB.

Paxton being the rookie and Sanchez being well,,,, who Sanchez is.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's unreal for me to think Trevor Siemien could be our best option at QB.

Paxton being the rookie and Sanchez being well,,,, who Sanchez is.
Ugh.

So I was thinking what value would the 2nd string QB have if he was not Lynch. What value does Sanchez have on this team if he can't beat out Siemien?

I can't envision Sanchez not being the starter for the opener.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Selfishly, I'm ready for the Paxton Lynch era to start sooner than later. I see Sanchez and Siemian only as placeholders, so like many I grow impatient for the rough road of development to start now. Get through about 8-10 weeks with a winning record and then throw in the rookie. I know that most will disagree and that it's probably not the smartest play but like I said, I'm selfish! Just my stupid human nature coming to the surface, I guess.

Actually, it depends on the QB really. Some QB's are able to start their rookie seasons on and do well. ( See Roethlisberger, Luck). Others need or benefit from the extra time (see Rodgers). There is no set way to bring a QB along. It depends a LOT on the QB.

I would hope Denver starts the QB that gives the team the best chance to win. If that is Lynch, GREAT! If that is Sanchez or Simien, then GREAT! Last thing I want to see is for Dener to sit a QB who is ready to play just to "give him more time to learn". Second to last thing I want to see is Denver faltering with a rookie who is not ready, unless the other two prove to be absolute crap.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can Phil Taylor come back, we placed him on IR, not IR-designated to return right?

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geo is giving me life updates from TC that he is attending today. Sounds like the D is pretty much resting today (1st team D)

Jordan Norwood and Kalif Raymond taking KO's ahead of Bralon Addison. :(

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ask Geo. He's there.

Probably up and down like expected is the easy answer.
Great at times, average at times, bad at times. You know what rookies do.

Geo will dance all around the sombrero.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumor is Geo was spotted at TC today with scotch tape over the numbers on his John Lynch jersey and he had CEH write 12 in magic marker over top the 47.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kubiak after practice said that Adam Gotsis will play in the 1st preseason game. Big time news considering many questioned if he would be ready for the season and that his rookie year would be more of a redshirt type season with him taking minimal snaps. Sounds like he has come along well. Today he was getting great push as he fires off low for a man his size and then uses his powerful legs to get under and then push through an OL player. Needs some work on a secondary move once he gets an OL player off balance but sounds like the guy has incredible power to really push the pocket.

From what I understand Fowler has been the most consistent receiver behind Sanders and DT and is looking in line to be that 3rd WR this year.

Sounds like all 3 QB's looked pretty good today. Now given as DC pointed out that #1 defense was far from out on the field but still good to hear that they have all bounced back from some bad days. Still a few miscues here and there but for the most part some great connections. Love also hearing that it does seem the TE's are getting more and more involved in the passing game.

Each of them do have some weaknesses though

Sanchez--I'll probably write this for all 3 but consistency. Really struggles one day then looks great the next. Also still having some miscommunications with his WR's as has thrown to places no one was even near a decent number of times. Not sure if it is him or the WR that isn't reading the play right.

Siemian--Goes into some major slumps. Also really struggles with the touch passes. He has a cannon for an arm and just doesn't have anything but a fastball at this time. Deep ball has been better the last couple of days but before that didn't even hardly attempt a deep pass. Always seemed to be checking the ball down. Also struggles on the bootleg play. Probably the worst of the 3 throwing on the run from what I have heard.

Lynch--Understanding and reading everything put before him. When the coaches simplify things the guy is down right incredible. The second they amp up all that he is supposed to be seeing though he really struggles to stay fast.