• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Training Camp Coming

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one player on offense though that stuck out all day was our rookie Booker. Did well of being patient and seeing where the hole was opening up and then exploding through it. Beyond that he did great in pass protection and catching the football out of the backfield. Has definitely already moved up to that #2 spot. Could be our biggest rookie addition for this upcoming season.

BOOKER!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I thought that might make you happy! He has definitely shined from everything I am reading. He isn't showing that hesitation that you see in a lot of rookies RB's. Hitting the hole hard and breaking some tackles along the way. Going to be interesting to see how they do the carries at the RB position if both he and Anderson are healthy.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kubiak definitely frustrated with practice today. Stopped the team to see if he could get things back under control but things didn't seem to get much better. At one point he pulled Hillman off the field for not hustling between drills. Going to be interesting to see what they change for tomorrow.

Jordan Taylor did get some 1st team reps today. So definitely showing the coaches like what they see and are hoping if he continues what he is doing that they find a spot on the team for him.

For you CSU fans out there Kapri Bibbs had a pretty good day. From what I have read pure RB skill wise it has been Anderson, Booker, and then Bibbs as the top 3 guys actually carrying the football. Just all the other things still waiting to hear how he is doing. He did have a fumble today but it didn't keep the coaches from working him pretty hard today. Bibbs is making an NFL roster this year. Just not sure if it is with the Broncos or someone else.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ronnie Hillman still struggling?

As I post and see you made another post. Hillman not hustling. Big shocker. Kinda like the Patriots playoff game last year. Fact that Booker has looked good, and Thompson plays special teams and FB is not good for Hillman. He barley got re-signed to start with.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buuuuut the point is he started and went 15-1 which is pretty impressive for a rookie QB, then again he went more like 12-1 but still. He proved you can win as a rookie with little experience. Rare, but with a good run game and defense and not turning the ball over.
I didn't say it wasn't impressive. It was. My point was that w/o the injuries, I don't believe it was in the plans for him to be the starter his rookie year.

I also think that above almost everything else, Kubiak values experience - and that says to me we will see Sanchez as the starter. (Of course one could make an argument that if he values experience so much he should give some to his QBOTF!)

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ronnie Hillman still struggling?

As I post and see you made another post. Hillman not hustling. Big shocker. Kinda like the Patriots playoff game last year.

Haha yeah sounds like Ronnie just isn't showing that he really wants to win the job. He has to know he is a roster bubble guy and that there are cheaper options that he has to actually outplay if he wants a spot on this roster. Crazy to think he was our top rusher this past season and now I'm not sure he is on this team as of today.

I do know that Kubiak took Bibbs aside just like he did with Hillman last year and said this is your big chance. Pretty much show me what you got because we like you but make us love you.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Big Ben sorta opened up a new era where teams just started rolling with rookie high draft picks instead of waiting and letting average vets take over until it was time.

In our situation it is surely not ideal to start a rookie QB, but we may have no choice.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Big Ben sorta opened up a new era where teams just started rolling with rookie high draft picks instead of waiting and letting average vets take over until it was time.

In our situation it is surely not ideal to start a rookie QB, but we may have no choice.
I think it's more of a case of good quality starters being rare nowadays and nobody wants to lose them. When your only other option is a career .500 or worse starting Qb, your going to give that rookie qb that had a good collegiate career a real strong look and hope and pray he's the savior. It's more bad supply in NFL and the demand for a franchise qb that's dictating things.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now Lynch has a really hard time operating under center . He's really good out of shotgun but I don;t expect Kubiak to revert back to a shotgun offense unless Lynch is called into duty from injury.

Lynch did not do well today but he has his ups and down everyday. I expect him to shine against the #3 this preseason. Be interesting to see if he gets time in a game with the 2's or even 1s.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now Lynch has a really hard time operating under center . He's really good out of shotgun but I don;t expect Kubiak to revert back to a shotgun offense unless Lynch is called into duty from injury.

Lynch did not do well today but he has his ups and down everyday. I expect him to shine against the #3 this preseason. Be interesting to see if he gets time in a game with the 2's or even 1s.

Unfortunately that success against 3's will cause fans to go into a mass panic about how he should be starting because he is playing so much better in the preseason. I might be one of those. So hopefully if that is the case then maybe in week 3 or so he moves up at least against the 2's to see what he can do.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect him to shine against the #3 this preseason. Be interesting to see if he gets time in a game with the 2's or even 1s.

I will be pretty surprised if he doesn't at this point. With the QB job wide open you have to give him that look.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's more of a case of good quality starters being rare nowadays and nobody wants to lose them. When your only other option is a career .500 or worse starting Qb, your going to give that rookie qb that had a good collegiate career a real strong look and hope and pray he's the savior. It's more bad supply in NFL and the demand for a franchise qb that's dictating things.

I would say it is both.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marlon Brown waived injured.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And signed OL Sam Carlson. DC said that he is good friends w Shaq Barrett.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marlon Brown waived injured.

Which means once he clears waivers we will have to place him on IR, and either keep him there all year or cut him off IR once he is healthy to sign with another team.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright some good notes from today's practice. They went full pads and spent a good deal of time today working out of some bigger sets with having the FB be a prominent player on the field.

QB's
Sanchez and Lynch had a nice bounce back day. Sanchez still missed on some throws that you were not sure where he was going with the football. Still he looked a lot more sharp today and made some really nice throws.
Siemian had the worst day of the 3 from the sound of it. Had some nice plays but again consistency seems to be the biggest issue for all these guys. Overthrew some easy touchdown passes.
Lynch--Man this guy had some kind of day. I get most of my notes for this from Bronco media folk who are watching practice. Seemed like just about every tweet today about Lynch was him throwing another touchdown pass. He was definitely clicking today.

OL
Garcia was back from his ankle injury. OL did ok today. They did fine on the inside but Barrett and Ray gave them major fits on the outside all day long from what I understand.

TE's
Some really good notes from today. Kubiak said that Green had the hot hand of all the players today. Caught a couple of really nice touchdown passes and looked good blocking as well. Ended the practice on a bad note as fell wrong on a pass but got up and walked to the sideline and said he was just a bit sore. Another note just from last year. Sounds like he had a really bad hand last year that kept him from really being able to give his all blocking wise. Might explain why he had such a bad year blocking when he had shown so much promise the years before.
Heuerman made some nice catches today too. Sounds like the offense did pretty well. Now remember though this is with Harris, Talib, Ware, Miller, and some others not practicing or being limited today. Still though sounds very promising.

WR's
DT had a bad day of drops today. Still made some nice catches throughout practice but still seems to have times of mental lapses.
Sanders looked good for the most part but also dropped an easy touchdown pass.
Kalif Raymond is definitely making sure the coaches know his name. He made some great catches and looked good in punt return duty.
This is for you @Draft Crazy your boy Addison had a nice quick pass from Lynch today that he took to the house.

Defense
Maybe the most improved player from last year to this year is Lorenzo Doss. He was all over the field making plays. With Webster, Harris, and Talib sitting out it was Doss and Roby as the starting Corners and they held their own.
Zaire Anderson sounds like he might be one of the hardest hitting players on the team. He is flying around the field and must have something against Hillman because twice now Hillman has left the field after taking an Anderson hit.
Justin Simmons is working with the 1st team nickel defense pretty much every time. He will have the Bruton role of last year which was an important piece of our defense. Coaches have been impressed with how quickly he has picked up the playbook.

Punting competition
If I had to guess today I would say Colquitt is our punter. He just really has been much more consistent. Dixon has those moments that he boots it 70 yards with tons of hang time but then shanks the next two punts. Have to see what he can do as training camp goes on.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the update @cdumler7 - Nice to see Addison make a play. He's gonna have to continue to do that to make this roster. That is a good start and something to build off for him. Happy to hear that. Music to my ears. Keep us all updated.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the update @cdumler7 - Nice to see Addison make a play. He's gonna have to continue to do that to make this roster. That is a good start and something to build off for him. Happy to hear that. Music to my ears. Keep us all updated.

My guess is his hope will be for the practice squad. Sounds like his route running just isn't up to par but they do love his potential so they want to hang onto him just probably not on the 53-man roster. Honestly it is in his best interest to have Raymond make the roster. Otherwise my guess is they try to keep Raymond on the practice squad and well probably won't keep 2 guys with similar skill sets.