• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Training Camp Battles

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CSW might be more ready, than Gentry, but he's currently battling an injury...not likely to play this week and next week is mostly starters traditionally...so Gentry might make the 53.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Converted two 4th down short yardages yeah.

Yep...I heard neither was blocked all that well either.

He's not ready to take over the RB2 job, and probably will be more of a ST guy if he gets a helmet, but as another big back, behind the OL starters, I think he can handle the load if they need to go to him.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next Saturday Aug 31, is cutdown day.

My Bubble team

QB...Dobbs, Hodges...I don't think they will keep 4 QBs...Dobbs last game was not that great, but I can see him still drawing some interest as a QB2/3. I think they would like to get Hodges to the PS.

RB...none...Malik Williams has impressed some, but just not enough slots

WR...Rogers, Spencer, Holton, Jones, Switzer...with 4 in stone, 2 of these guys will make it. Switzer I think is in.

TE...Gentry, CSW, being injured is hurting his chance to overtake Gentry who is also banged up.

OL...Banner, Fred Johnson, Okafora...Chuks has not looked great this camp, but I think he's safe, if they go with 9, all 3 probably make it. Hawkins is done, Gray to PS

DL...none, Buggs has shown them enough to take the final spot. He's didn't show them he could dbl down and play NT so that gives McCullers another yr.

ILB...none...UG3 has made it imo

OLB...Skipper, Sutton...if they keep 9 LBs overall both are in trouble, if they go with 10, Skipper has a shot, Sutton's health held him back.

CB...none...I think Brian Allen's run is over. Unless they get a call for him, Burns is not going anywhere.

S...Dangerfield, Marcus Allen...Kelly has made the team imo and he's the FS2 so that puts Dangerfield on shaky ground.

ST...none

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per Ed Bouchette, snell and Jordan berry are not locks for the 53 roster

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wouldn't shock me if they didn't make it, but PIT does not cut many 4th round picks these days. If Snell has any ST value at all, he will make it.

Berry's main competitor is good at dropping it inside the 20, but reportedly not near the leg strength...we shall see in a 10 days.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Snell would be a big surprise if he got cut.
Bouchette just said they aren’t happy with him and they like Edwards .snell needs ST.

The radio host said they don’t usually cut 4th round picks. Bouchette said your right, but Tomlin really isn’t happy with him, he wouldn’t be shocked. I’d be surprised but Ed is the man

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s unfortunate. Hooks has been with the team for at least 4 years. Good player but could never crack the 53 so not exactly a loss by any means.

Good enough to stick on the PS, but just never got to that next level and getting injured certainly was not going to move him ahead of Buggs.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good enough to stick on the PS, but just never got to that next level and getting injured certainly was not going to move him ahead of Buggs.
Just noticed that Elliot is from Toledo. The MAC connection strikes again.

MACsburgh

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next Saturday Aug 31, is cutdown day.

My Bubble team

QB...Dobbs, Hodges...I don't think they will keep 4 QBs...Dobbs last game was not that great, but I can see him still drawing some interest as a QB2/3. I think they would like to get Hodges to the PS.

RB...none...Malik Williams has impressed some, but just not enough slots

WR...Rogers, Spencer, Holton, Jones, Switzer...with 4 in stone, 2 of these guys will make it. Switzer I think is in.

TE...Gentry, CSW, being injured is hurting his chance to overtake Gentry who is also banged up.

OL...Banner, Fred Johnson, Okafora...Chuks has not looked great this camp, but I think he's safe, if they go with 9, all 3 probably make it. Hawkins is done, Gray to PS

DL...none, Buggs has shown them enough to take the final spot. He's didn't show them he could dbl down and play NT so that gives McCullers another yr.

ILB...none...UG3 has made it imo

OLB...Skipper, Sutton...if they keep 9 LBs overall both are in trouble, if they go with 10, Skipper has a shot, Sutton's health held him back.

CB...none...I think Brian Allen's run is over. Unless they get a call for him, Burns is not going anywhere.

S...Dangerfield, Marcus Allen...Kelly has made the team imo and he's the FS2 so that puts Dangerfield on shaky ground.

ST...none
Agreed on everything... I think they have to roll with 5 OLBs unless they are certain that Adeniyi will be ready for week 1. In that scenario, Skipper has the leg up on Sutton Smith. Smith will need to show out in the remaining 2 preseason games if he is to earn that position.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just my gut, but here goes.......

I'm putting Randolph over Dobbs.....hell, I'll put Duck over Dobbs.
Gentry over Grumble......
Berryman over Berry.