• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Training Camp Battles

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just my gut, but here goes.......

I'm putting Randolph over Dobbs.....hell, I'll put Duck over Dobbs.
Gentry over Grumble......
Berryman over Berry.
Agree with 2/3. Not a fan of Gentry yet. Hoping they trade Dobbs if he still has good value.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also... Switzer & Rogers are here to stay. There will be a heavy rotation at WR this year.

One more thing on Gentry. They gave Kevin Rader the nod over Gentry at TE early on. Dale Lolley of DKpghSports reports that the Steelers are much more pleased with Rader's blocking abilities.

Last edited:

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There will probably be another one of these after next week, but I'm not expecting much to change.

Post TN game.

Bryan: 2019 Steelers 53-Man Roster Prediction: Post Preseason Game 3 Edition - Steelers Depot

Notables...QB, I tend to agree with Bryan here...Hodges not playing was not a good sign for him making the 53. He might still make it to the PS though, but as of now I think if Dobbs stays he's the QB3...not QB2.

RB...he's more solid on Snell Jr than I am...I think he needs to play well next week.

WR...looks like both Switzer and Rogers make it according to Bryan here, but Spencer has to be making it a tough decision at the least.

OL...with 7 dressing most weeks...the two guys with helmets have to be versatile...Finney can play both inside positions and Chuks has played both outside positions so they are the logical two with a helmet, but Chuks has not impressed...Idk how they feel about Johnson and Banner outside of their normal position.

DEF...even fewer things to sort out imo.

ILB...UG3 has made it...he's the 5th guy.

OLB...Ola has made it...Skipper is making it hard on them, but they have seen flashes before. Some think he should go ahead of Chick but we know this staff doesn't operate on the short term flash. Has Skipper shown enough? The fact that he has not played much on ST is not a good sign.

S...Kelly is in...and he's probably going to be the only new comer to the room...Bryan thinks Dangerfield has beat out Marcus Allen...this one could come down to next week.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with 2/3. Not a fan of Gentry yet. Hoping they trade Dobbs if he still has good value.

Understandable, but Grimble has been here how long and is still worthless as tits on a boar hog.......

The fuckin guy doesn't do shit. At least Gentry is a rookie and can be trained to do something, Grimble has been a constant worthless sack of shit. Time to move on from him.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys see this?

Steelers OC Randy Fichtner provides a shocking quote regarding TE Vance McDonald

“He still won’t,” Pittsburgh Steelers offensive coordinator Randy Fichtner said of McDonald’s playing time increasing substantially this season.

“He’s never going to play the full game. That’s never going to happen.”

I'd like to know what specific question was asked. Basically asked if his playtime was going to increase substantially based off the lack of depth at the position. And Fichtner gave it a hard no, better yet a HELL NO.

@ATL96Steeler

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A grown ass man right here @Ojb81

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys see this?

Steelers OC Randy Fichtner provides a shocking quote regarding TE Vance McDonald

I'd like to know what specific question was asked. Basically asked if his playtime was going to increase substantially based off the lack of depth at the position. And Fichtner gave it a hard no, better yet a HELL NO.

@ATL96Steeler

They want to preserve him for the season maybe....definitely puts more pressure on Grimble which is not the most comfortable feeling.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah, I thought he was responding in regards to the regular season...

Yeah...that's what I mean...as fragile as he's been, they probably are trying to preserve him for the 16 games and hopefully beyond. If he played 80% of the OFC snaps, PIT could be looking for another TE by early DEC.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@FaCe-LeE-uS

Speaking of TEs.

Interesting trade proposal that actually could be a win win.

One Steelers Trade Proposal (That Actually Makes Sense) - Steelers Depot

FWIW...Arians is a Steeler at heart...his staff is loaded with ex-Steelers.

To spare you a lengthy read.

Rogers to TB for Auclair...he's mentioning swapping picks too but the jist of it seems to work. TB has 3 TEs, but no real slot WR...PIT has 7 WRs maybe even 8 that will be on an NFL roster this yr...including 3 slot guys.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@FaCe-LeE-uS

Speaking of TEs.

Interesting trade proposal that actually could be a win win.

One Steelers Trade Proposal (That Actually Makes Sense) - Steelers Depot

FWIW...Arians is a Steeler at heart...his staff is loaded with ex-Steelers.

To spare you a lengthy read.

Rogers to TB for Auclair...he's mentioning swapping picks too but the jist of it seems to work. TB has 3 TEs, but no real slot WR...PIT has 7 WRs maybe even 8 that will be on an NFL roster this yr...including 3 slot guys.
Wow, I hadn't even considered trading a slot WR but I really like it. Rogers is just a role player with higher upside than PIT will get use out of. Trading him for a TE would be a great win in my book. Although i don't know anything about Auclair so can't judge the trade in question. Still love the idea.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would cost but the colts have two tight ends, isn’t ones contract running out???

There’s gotta be someone cut. I mean sending Eli is no big deal. But who is eclair??

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Radio boys are saying shop one of these lineman for a te due to massive depth and likely cutting a guy who could start for a lot of teams

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, I hadn't even considered trading a slot WR but I really like it. Rogers is just a role player with higher upside than PIT will get use out of. Trading him for a TE would be a great win in my book. Although i don't know anything about Auclair so can't judge the trade in question. Still love the idea.

I'm in that same boat....just reading thru the link it really seems like Auclair is maybe a notch or two above Gentry, might push Grimble for the TE2 job.

Bucs have OJ Howard, Cameron Brate, Tanner Hudson?, and Jordan Leggett (a player PIT tried to claim off waivers) in addition to Auclaire so it makes sense for sure....I'd rather have a Leggett in return for a potential starting slot, but at this point I would take Auclaire.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm in that same boat....just reading thru the link it really seems like Auclair is maybe a notch or two above Gentry, might push Grimble for the TE2 job.

Bucs have OJ Howard, Cameron Brate, Tanner Hudson?, and Jordan Leggett (a player PIT tried to claim off waivers) in addition to Auclaire so it makes sense for sure....I'd rather have a Leggett in return for a potential starting slot, but at this point I would take Auclaire.
Feel like they should be able to get more for Rogers, but that's just a homer take lol. If they could pry Leggett away that would be awesome. I wonder what it would take to pry Brate away?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feel like they should be able to get more for Rogers, but that's just a homer take lol. If they could pry Leggett away that would be awesome. I wonder what it would take to pry Brate away?

That's ideally who I would want as a TE2...I tend to agree...a potential starting slot for a T3/2 doesn't seem like a great ROI.

This is one to keep an eye on because both teams would benefit in some way immediately. Looking at their WRs...Rogers would be the best slot on their team.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3