• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Training Camp 2017

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So discouraging to read JG isn't doing well. Yeah, i know its just the beginning of TC, and he hasn't played 11 on 11 for so long, but 5 of 14 is too far off.

The defense has the upper hand in these things early on in camp, the play-calling is beyond vanilla, the defensive talent looks to be vastly improved, and no QB, especially one who is coming off a major injury should be expected to be perfect in every practice.

Had he went 12 of 14 and ripped it up, would you be here worrying about the revamped defense? It's July.....relax. Get back to me this time next month if the offense is still stuck in the mud.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense has the upper hand in these things early on in camp, the play-calling is beyond vanilla, the defensive talent looks to be vastly improved, and no QB, especially one who is coming off a major injury should be expected to be perfect in every practice.

Had he went 12 of 14 and ripped it up, would you be here worrying about the revamped defense? It's July.....relax. Get back to me this time next month if the offense is still stuck in the mud.

LOL, he almost was. Yes, too early to worry.

Conversation

Better day for Garoppolo and the offense. Had him at 10-14 with those two TDS during red zone. #49ers
11:54 AM · Aug 1, 2019·Twitter for iPhone

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

i said it was "discouraging", not i'm "panicking".

I also said i KNOW it is early in TC, but 5 of 14 is bad practice or no practice, TC or regular season. At least the RZ practices are ok, i'd like to see Hurd eventually make it even better.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i said it was "discouraging", not i'm "panicking".

I also said i KNOW it is early in TC, but 5 of 14 is bad practice or no practice, TC or regular season. At least the RZ practices are ok, i'd like to see Hurd eventually make it even better.

R-E-L-A-X.......

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

This approach is a given, JG is the starter and Lance will learn as a rookie. It is way too easy for fans to push Lance onto the field, but it is for his own good that he learns first. Give Lance all the time he can get, to properly prepare. This mega-trade could easily be damaged if Lance has a bad start to his career.

We do in fact have a luxury starting JG, he has the team chemistry going strong and proved he can win games.

There will be no time when Lance is "perfectly" ready to start, but putting him in so soon is asking for trouble. Then all we fans will complain of how bad Lance is, how bad the trade was.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
https://www.************.com/articles/159153-49ers-mike-mcglinchey-javon-kinlaw-gearing-hell-year/

Obviously, two players we REALLY need to perform this season....McGlinchey and Kinlaw.

We also know the interior O-line needs to perform since it includes THREE players. But taken individually, OT (even right OT) can be argued over Center.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LG, OC, RG. All HUGE question marks.

Even RT, with Compton gone and McGlinchey back, what will that look like? McGlinchey is in a contract year, so he's going to be going all out.

How will the new CBs play? Can only get better than last year.

What about backup RBs. Behind Mitchell, will either the rookie or Sermon step up?

Dean_Youngblood

Pumped Up Kicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LG, OC, RG. All HUGE question marks.
Totally agree

Even RT, with Compton gone and McGlinchey back, what will that look like? McGlinchey is in a contract year, so he's going to be going all out.
I expect McGlinchey to ball out... also expect that the right side of the line will still be a weakness. Seems like they are really hoping that Banks takes some serious strides, at least there were murmurs that he had improved dramatically during OTAs.... would be great if he lived up to his draft day slot

How will the new CBs play? Can only get better than last year.
I think our secondary will be fine this year... solid rookie talent from last year that should only get better, Verrett coming back on a team-friendly deal. Only question mark is Hufanga, maybe?

What about backup RBs. Behind Mitchell, will either the rookie or Sermon step up?
Last year we were so injured at this position, and yet we still made some noise when we had to. As long as folks stay healthy (and that's a big "if" for Mitchell), I think we're fine. One of the rookies will step up... not so sure about Sermon, he just doesn't seem to get the reps.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally agree

I expect McGlinchey to ball out... also expect that the right side of the line will still be a weakness. Seems like they are really hoping that Banks takes some serious strides, at least there were murmurs that he had improved dramatically during OTAs.... would be great if he lived up to his draft day slot

I think our secondary will be fine this year... solid rookie talent from last year that should only get better, Verrett coming back on a team-friendly deal. Only question mark is Hufanga, maybe?

Last year we were so injured at this position, and yet we still made some noise when we had to. As long as folks stay healthy (and that's a big "if" for Mitchell), I think we're fine. One of the rookies will step up... not so sure about Sermon, he just doesn't seem to get the reps.
Yea, the team is really betting on Banks at LG. That's a helluva gamble considering how badly he played last year (how little PT he got).

I am hopeful at CB. We saw Thomas show some progress, and you're right that Verrett is just gravy at this point. Anything we get from him will be a bonus.

At RB, it looks like Sermon just doesn't have the "feel" for the zone scheme and he might be a better player in a different system.