• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Training Camp '12

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Harbaugh's answers in the first segment to reporter's questions that are obviously trying to get out a lot for a Manning-Niner spin. They want him to compliment, compare past and present, etc. on Manning and then use the quotes. Harbaugh gave them nothing.

Seemed like a legitimate question to me. Harbaugh's answer is standard fare for comparative question as well. No head coach would have answered that question any differently.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seemed like a legitimate question to me. Harbaugh's answer is standard fare for comparative question as well. No head coach would have answered that question any differently.

True, fair question, answer was not that unique, but I liked the answers. The other coaches would have the same message, but I like the way he answered it.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
49ers Blog and Q&A: Cut-down day cometh: Which 49ers are p-squad eligible?

At WR, if I have to pick someone already on the roster, I'm more interested in seeing Tyms on the practice squad than the other three (Hastings, Palmer or Owusu).

I want Tolzien on the active roster and not practice squad. I would have Josh Johnson gone asap knowing what I know and from what I've seen since college.

I wasn't a big fan of the Tony Jerod-Eddie project. He's been another fan favorite that's been mentioned for the PS. I wouldn't have him on it either.

Ian Williams is one of my favorite players on the entire roster. I fear if they try putting him on the practice squad he'll never clear waivers so he'd be another one I'd try very hard to keep on the active roster. To a very slightly smaller degree I feel the same way about Cam Johnson but he'd probably be easier to stash on the practice squad. He'd be one of the first I'd put there.

Joe Holland is another one that would be near the top of the list. Cory Nelms and Michael Thomas are borderline. I would argue hard for Darius Fleming as well but he was injured and the PS won't apply to him.

Last edited by a moderator:

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49ers Blog and Q&A: Cut-down day cometh: Which 49ers are p-squad eligible?

At WR, if I have to pick someone already on the roster, I'm more interested in seeing Tyms on the practice squad than the other three (Hastings, Palmer or Owusu).

I want Tolzien on the active roster and not practice squad. I would have Josh Johnson gone asap knowing what I know and from what I've seen since college.

I wasn't a big fan of the Tony Jerod-Eddie project. He's been another fan favorite that's been mentioned for the PS. I wouldn't have him on it either.

Ian Williams is one of my favorite players on the entire roster. I fear if they try putting him on the practice squad he'll never clear waivers so he'd be another one I'd try very hard to keep on the active roster. To a very slightly smaller degree I feel the same way about Cam Johnson but he'd probably be easier to stash on the practice squad. He'd be one of the first I'd put there.

Joe Holland is another one that would be near the top of the list. Cory Nelms and Michael Thomas are borderline. I would argue hard for Darius Fleming as well but he was injured and the PS won't apply to him.

i don't see williams getting cut. he seems like a great fit that can eventually grow into a starting role.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i know its tough to cut a QB, but don't see four on the 53 man roster?

even if we cut Johnson with his signing bonus (didn't he get one?), just keep the best 'prospect'.

Agreed, also dunno if all of those guys who just play ST's will be kept.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Harbaugh's answers in the first segment to reporter's questions that are obviously trying to get out a lot for a Manning-Niner spin. They want him to compliment, compare past and present, etc. on Manning and then use the quotes. Harbaugh gave them nothing.

I'm gonna disagree there. I could disagree just on the principle of your answer being such an absolute. But, more than that, I think a lot of other coaches would have given a different answer.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm gonna disagree there. I could disagree just on the principle of your answer being such an absolute. But, more than that, I think a lot of other coaches would have given a different answer.

If Harbaugh had answered the question the way it was asked and alluded to Manning being a step slower or a little weaker or in any way offering an injury update on Manning that wasn't glowing - Elway would have been in Baalke's grill and rightfully so.

The question was seeking a post injury performance assessment of another teams $90m FQB - No HC in the league would have touched that question - Sorry, brother but that shit is not happening - Ever!

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Harbaugh had answered the question the way it was asked and alluded to Manning being a step slower or a little weaker or in any way offering an injury update on Manning that wasn't glowing - Elway would have been in Baalke's grill and rightfully so.

The question was seeking a post injury performance assessment of another teams $90m FQB - No HC in the league would have touched that question - Sorry, brother but that shit is not happening - Ever!

You're only thinking negative, but what about Rex Ryan?

On the flip side, I can see alot of coaches giving a fluff answer, like, "Peyton looks great. He's a true professional and will be just as tough as he's ever been."- cue smiley tooth twinkle.

Side note - doubt Baalke cares two shits about Elway gettin' upset.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're only thinking negative, but what about Rex Ryan?

On the flip side, I can see alot of coaches giving a fluff answer, like, "Peyton looks great. He's a true professional and will be just as tough as he's ever been."- cue smiley tooth twinkle.

Side note - doubt Baalke cares two shits about Elway gettin' upset.

The reporter was looking for a nugget and Harbaugh refused to oblige while killing the question - Harbaugh did just as the other 30 HC's in the league would have done with that question. That is not Harbaugh's question to answer - fluff or otherwise.

As for Baalke not giving a shit - We'll just have to agree to disagree. I think Baalke gives more than two shits what his HC does, and says to the media. The business of football is not as barbaric as the game itself.