• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Training Camp '12

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
49ers Blog and Q&A: King of quotes: Harbaugh gives tour of daily quote board

Harbaugh last year said he was impressed by the way Sopoaga takes notes in team meetings, and today he fetched the nose tackle's notebook and showed reporters the intricate detail - it's almost artwork - that fill its pages.

"There's nobody in the history of football that has ever done that with a notebook," Harbaugh gushed.

Sopoaga said he'll typically take eight or nine pages of notes per meeting, something he started doing in 2007. He said he picked up the habit from his uncles, who are ministers in Samoa and who write out their sermons in notebooks.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
about his incompletions:

Yeah, I don't know about that... just from watching the game live, it didn't seem like Smith threw it to Manningham because he saw the pass interference. (Plus, didn't the PI happen after Smith released the ball??) If that were the case, Smith would have exploded when they didn't throw the flag like most QBs do under those circumstances.

San Francisco 49ers video | CSNBayArea.com | CSNCalifornia.com Click on "Smith happy with decsions..."

Disclaimer: this doesn't make it true, just passing it along that it was said.

Alex said that he threw the ball because he saw the interference. That could be a lie, a truth, or just a factor in a throw he normally would have made anyway. It could have also been Manningham running the wrong route or Alex throwing it to an incorrect spot. My guess is a bit of the route and the interference, not just the interference giving the green light.

I'll post this on the other thread too just because it's about the other pass, but he said the Moss non-pass play was the correct read but the ball placement wasn't where it should/could be. He said that he should have led him on that play.

Roman said that he wasn't going to divulge the different reads of that play, but he was happy with the decision to throw to VD.

Last edited by a moderator:

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before people go crazy on Harbaugh, these, unlike his unsolicited comments a few months ago, were answers to questions the media asked because of who we're playing this week. I still undoubtedly will see comments like, "OMG, why are we discussing this again?!!!" on boards.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before people go crazy on Harbaugh, these, unlike his unsolicited comments a few months ago, were answers to questions the media asked because of who we're playing this week. I still undoubtedly will see comments like, "OMG, why are we discussing this again?!!!" on boards.

I've read as much of your stuff as I can and I don't think you have a clear understanding of what Harbaugh and now Roman said and what is being said about their comments.

It would be nice if the story lost its momentum, perhaps we can help to facilitate that outcome? Just a thought.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've read as much of your stuff as I can and I don't think you have a clear understanding of what Harbaugh and now Roman said and what is being said about their comments.

It would be nice if the story lost its momentum, perhaps we can help to facilitate that outcome? Just a thought.

I don't care what they said, I'm talking about what I think is the truth. That they evaluated him, wanted him here for the right price, and he didn't want to come for that. I have read and heard comments that interpret Harbaugh's words to say "no interest" when he didn't say that. I'm not making that up.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care what they said, I'm talking about what I think is the truth. That they evaluated him, wanted him here for the right price, and he didn't want to come for that. I have read and heard comments that interpret Harbaugh's words to say "no interest" when he didn't say that. I'm not making that up.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've read as much of your stuff as I can and I don't think you have a clear understanding of what I am saying about their comments. It would be nice if you either read my comments to understand what I am saying or ignored my posts. Care to help facilitate that outcome?

Just ignore my posts. I don't care if you read them, I'm not writing to you. I have had reasonable conversations with deep9er, mem49er, threelittlebirds, etc. They don't respond when they don't have much to say about it, clarify when they don't understand, etc. Some of my posts in those conversation were long, too so clearly there are people here that respect one another to talk or at least let be. You either don't or act like you don't understand what I'm saying and you don't want to read my stuff, so ignore it. There's no imperative to read and respond if you're tired of it. It would help both of us. If you understood what I was saying, I don't think we'd have a problem.

I wasn't talking about what they meant or what they said, I was talking about what the truth was, IMO, and whether Alex needed what they said to be said. They could say it to shield Smith, for all I care, I just don't think he needs it. Just saying I don't understand doesn't make it so.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
San Francisco 49ers video | CSNBayArea.com | CSNCalifornia.com Click on "Smith happy with decsions..."

Disclaimer: this doesn't make it true, just passing it along that it was said.

Alex said that he threw the ball because he saw the interference.
That could be a lie, a truth, or just a factor in a throw he normally would have made anyway. It could have also been Manningham running the wrong route or Alex throwing it to an incorrect spot. My guess is a bit of the route and the interference, not just the interference giving the green light.

I'll post this on the other thread too just because it's about the other pass, but he said the Moss non-pass play was the correct read but the ball placement wasn't where it should/could be. He said that he should have led him on that play.

Roman said that he wasn't going to divulge the different reads of that play, but he was happy with the decision to throw to VD.

Then I'm really disappointed in Alex Smith's reaction to not getting the call. He should have been acting like a diva, throwing a fit and doing what all of the "star" QBs do to get those calls. I want to see him acting like a spoiled brat throwing a tantrum, the way Brady, Brees, and Rodgers act when they don't get the call they wanted.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then I'm really disappointed in Alex Smith's reaction to not getting the call. He should have been acting like a diva, throwing a fit and doing what all of the "star" QBs do to get those calls. I want to see him acting like a spoiled brat throwing a tantrum, the way Brady, Brees, and Rodgers act when they don't get the call they wanted.

He did throw his hands up, but that could have been to Manningham for turning outside instead of inside. But I agree, he should have gone crazy, no matter how much that it is out of character. One day it might help.