• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Training Camp '12

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fucking kiddingg me. Are people still using the term "Alex hater"? This isn't ESPN boards circa 2010, buddy.

alex hater, pumpkin eater?

o wait that doesn't rhyme, its late i'm goin to bed

luckyluke22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If Alex can get it in the strike zone and be less risk adverse , then we can definitely move 10-15 spots up on passing yards. I think most of the TDs will still be ground oriented though.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Alex can get it in the strike zone and be less risk adverse , then we can definitely move 10-15 spots up on passing yards. I think most of the TDs will still be ground oriented though.

ground, air, andy lee punting jenkins and the ball into the endzone. whatever works.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fucking kiddingg me. Are people still using the term "Alex hater"? This isn't ESPN boards circa 2010, buddy.

:tea: It was just a loose description for those ESPN posters and other boards. I admitted my looseness of the term. The author of that article was from another board and is ESPN cerca 2010 (not judging from that article, just his past and present). I know there's none of that here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've never been impressed with Iupati in pass-pro and had hoped by this year he would improve - Unfortunately, early reports and observations are not very inspiring. Calais is going to have a picnic with Iupati - again.

Thus far it looks like we are still waiting for Crabtree to make an appearance in the pre-season exhibition games - at least as a WR. As a blocker, however, Crabtree is earning top honors.

I'd love to see film of the Boone/Kaepers exchange - that sounds interesting.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

about his incompletions:
and the fourth was thrown up for grabs after Smith saw Mario Manningham get grabbed by the cornerback. Smith thought the officials would throw a flag but they didn’t.

Yeah, I don't know about that... just from watching the game live, it didn't seem like Smith threw it to Manningham because he saw the pass interference. (Plus, didn't the PI happen after Smith released the ball??) If that were the case, Smith would have exploded when they didn't throw the flag like most QBs do under those circumstances.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Niners' Starting Offense Has Been Clicking So Far | NBC Bay Area

Yes, this has Alex in it, again. But it also has a quote from Gore and is about the whole offense. I don't agree that Smith only threw it because of the interference, because I don't know when the interference was in relation to the throw, whether Alex saw it, and as three said, Alex didn't seem upset (though he doesn't always look as upset as he should at things - he laughs off some hits, doesn't chew out receivers much, etc.).

Last edited by a moderator:

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
about his incompletions:

Yeah, I don't know about that... just from watching the game live, it didn't seem like Smith threw it to Manningham because he saw the pass interference. (Plus, didn't the PI happen after Smith released the ball??) If that were the case, Smith would have exploded when they didn't throw the flag like most QBs do under those circumstances.

Agreed! I got the impression they were buttering some bread with that explanation as well.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I love this guy.

49ers.com | Isaac Sopoaga Leads By Example

Each April, Sopoaga returns to his home of American Samoa to compete in an intense and physically taxing rowing race.

Sopoaga represents his village of Fagasa in the annual Fautasi Race alongside his father Tupuola Laniselota, the boat captain. A Fautasi race consists of 40 rowers in long fiberglass boats rowing seven miles offshore. The rowers then set themselves at a buoyed start point before racing back into Pago Pago Harbor.

“It is really tough what we do back home in Samoa,” Sopoaga said. “When I leave here to go to Samoa, I don’t relax. Joining in those activities is like my extra offseason while I am away from our own facility. I do it so I can prepare myself for training camp and then the season.”

I didn't know he does that.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Didn't want to start a new thread for any of this stuff.

Aldon Smith ‘healing fast’ | 49ers Hot Read

Defensive lineman Ricky Jean Francois said Smith is one of the most improved players on the defense. That’s pretty heady stuff for a player that recorded 14 sacks and played a key role in the defense, as was the case with Smith as a rookie in 2011.

“Aldon has made leaps and bounds from where he was at this point last year to where he is now,” Jean Francois said. “He’s been doing a great job picking up on a lot of things that he really wasn’t sure about last year during the preseason and even during the season. My hat’s off to Aldon, and I’m pretty excited about what he’s going to do for us this year.”