• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Training Camp '12

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sounds like Harbaugh is the complete opposite if Nolan and Singletary when it comes to fighting at practice.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slightly late to the party about the 'playbook,' but I like the "Home Field Advantage" section. Anything that helps inform fans about participation/noise - "be loud when the Niners D is on the field and STFU when Alex & Co are about to run a play." - is fine by me.

No question there is a lot of room for frustration with the football IQ of Niner fans at Candlestick, but the fans' passion for the Niners plays a large role in that, and a fan base that lacks IQ vs lacks passion is OK to me because passionate fans can LEARN both the etiquette & nuances of football.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Crabtree OK to play?
2:27PM ET
Michael Crabtree | 49ers

San Francisco 49ers WR Michael Crabtree could make personal history this week by playing in a preseason contest for the first time in his NFL career. A holdout prevented that from happening in 2009, a neck injury kept him sidelined in 2010 and a foot problem did the trick last preseason. A lower leg injury nearly derailed things this time around, but he was back on the practice field Monday.

Addressing the press later in the week, Crabtree stopped short of promising he'd play in Friday's preseason opener, noting that it would be the coaching staff's decision. "Yeah, I should [play]," he said, according to the Sacramento Bee. "I don't think the [starters] are going [to play] that much Friday. Whatever time they give me, I'll just go out there."

ESPN's Christopher Harris addressed the fantasy angle on Crabtree -- and his new teammates Randy Moss and Mario Manningham:

- Tim Kavanagh​

Christopher Harris
Crabtree probably the best of the bunch

"Moss has gotten rave reviews from his new San Francisco 49ers teammates in minicamp. He and Mario Manningham join Michael Crabtree in the Niners' WR corps, creating a weird mishmash of vague pass-catching disappointment. The simple fact is that Alex Smith didn't throw it with enough frequency or deep enough in '11 to impart fantasy value on any of his WRs, and with extra ones in the mix in '12, I'm skeptical that will change. Forced to choose from among them, I'll still take Crabtree, the flanker type with terrific hands and body control. While he's a better deep threat, Manningham seems to be a knee injury waiting to happen and (his Super Bowl heroics notwithstanding) hasn't always featured the best set of hands. And as for Moss? I just can't see him returning after sitting out a year, at age 35, and suddenly convincing the arch-conservative Niners to fling it down the field enough to make Moss a fantasy star again."

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

[Bemular wipes brow] Whoaa! - I read the headline and for a moment was worried; however, upon further reading, I see that Harbaugh is going with his #3's to start the exhibition season!

"The starting receivers will be Ted Ginn and Michael Crabtree," 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh said Thursday."

Edit: Kick his ass Ginn!