• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Training Camp '12

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, it's just marketing. I don't see a big problem with it.

It's called change and I'm not a big fan of it either but you are spot-on with your comment. Jed is trail blazing the 49ers organization into the 21st century. It seems, and even feels a bit gimmicky; but, in the end if this gimmick can improve the IQ of our fans then I'm all for it.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's called change and I'm not a big fan of it either but you are spot-on with your comment. Jed is trail blazing the 49ers organization into the 21st century. It seems, and even feels a bit gimmicky; but, in the end if this gimmick can improve the IQ of our fans then I'm all for it.

Yeah, change can be annoying, but I've learned to accept some of it. Agree with the fan IQ part, we need to be a tougher venue for visitors.

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If we keep a true 3rd TE. Don't forget Dobbs. And yes, I'm serious.

Dobbs is more of a heavy package/ short yardage TE. Bynham, is a good blocker but only a decent receiver. From what is coming out of TC, Reuland is the more reliable pass catcher. His blocking will be the question mark

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, change can be annoying, but I've learned to accept some of it. Agree with the fan IQ part, we need to be a tougher venue for visitors.

Same here on the change issue - in today's world you either embrace change or you get left behind because you are certainly not going to prevent it or even slow it down

Yep Yep on being a tougher venue for visitors - I could not agree more! (And perhaps a little kinder venue for us as well)

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dobbs is more of a heavy package/ short yardage TE. Bynham, is a good blocker but only a decent receiver. From what is coming out of TC, Reuland is the more reliable pass catcher. His blocking will be the question mark

I know. My point is, that I'm not sure either Bynham or Reuland will have enough value to warrant a roster spot this year.

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I know. My point is, that I'm not sure either Bynham or Reuland will have enough value to warrant a roster spot this year.

OK. I get what you're saying but the Niners will still need some sort of insurance policy at the position just in case injuries happen

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Eh, it's just marketing. I don't see a big problem with it.

It comes off as high schoolish, rah-rah type of stuff. For me at least. It goes back to one of my favorite football sayings of all time. Quoting Jim Mora, "You think you know, but you don't." My rant on that is the same one I have for Hard Knocks. If you watch that show and you think you know what's going on everywhere, you really, really, really don't. As far as that "playbook" goes. I know most adults will be able to see right through something like that but there are always others that don't.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK. I get what you're saying but the Niners will still need some sort of insurance policy at the position just in case injuries happen

I think it's a numbers game and there's too much talent at other positions. Like last year when they gambled and only went with 3 OLB's. I think this year could easily see just two TE's with someone else on the PS.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It comes off as high schoolish, rah-rah type of stuff. For me at least. It goes back to one of my favorite football sayings of all time. Quoting Jim Mora, "You think you know, but you don't." My rant on that is the same one I have for Hard Knocks. If you watch that show and you think you know what's going on everywhere, you really, really, really don't. As far as that "playbook" goes. I know most adults will be able to see right through something like that but there are always others that don't.

That's the thing. I mean, I doubt anyone thinks it's anything the players look at, but definitely "rah-rah." Anyway, I'm sure you don't think it's that big a deal and it just annoyed you, which I can understand.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After getting a look at it - I kind of dig it! I mean, I get the "rah rah" sentiment but latching on to that misses the point.

The truth is, and we have discussed it here on this board, we don't have the most intelligent fans in the league and as such our home field advantage is perhaps not as advantageous as it should be.

Think about one of the first things that comes off our keyboards when we talk about having to go play in Seattle - Hell, we worry as much about their 12th man as we do the 11 on the field. Now think about how many teams worry about our 12th man. "Man that Candlestick Park crowd is just flat nasty as a 12th man" - said no one ever!

So, if this "playbook" helps us to create a bonafide 12th man and improve, even if by just a little, our home field advantage - then I say bring it!

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
After getting a look at it - I kind of dig it! I mean, I get the "rah rah" sentiment but latching on to that misses the point.

The truth is, and we have discussed it here on this board, we don't have the most intelligent fans in the league and as such our home field advantage is perhaps not as advantageous as it should be.

Think about one of the first things that comes off our keyboards when we talk about having to go play in Seattle - Hell, we worry as much about their 12th man as we do the 11 on the field. Now think about how many teams worry about our 12th man. "Man that Candlestick Park crowd is just flat nasty as a 12th man" - said no one ever!

So, if this "playbook" helps us to create a bonafide 12th man and improve, even if by just a little, our home field advantage - then I say bring it!

just a small general comment on MY experiences....i've been to two 49er games in Seattle and of course to games in San Francisco.....from my own experience, didn't think the noise in Seattle was much more? i won't argue its a little bit louder than SF, but IMO not much?

they do have more consistency THRU the game, thats for sure. this is why they're likely more successful?

the loudest i've ever heard in ANY stadium was the "we want Carr!" chant. this isn't meant to joke about AS, but really.....IMO Seattle isn't much louder than other stadiums?

i've been to college stadiums that seem just as loud, or if not "as loud", also pretty close?

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I've had many 12th man/home field advantage discussions with many people over many years. The stadium experience has been embarassing at times for years whether it's against a weak opponent or against one of the most loyal fan bases showing up and taking over the stadium. Overall fan intelligence is one of the worst I have seen from a fan base as well in my opinion. The little I have seen in the grand picture.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Was it Staley last season, or Snyder, that ripped our fans saying they didn't understand the game?

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was it Staley last season, or Snyder, that ripped our fans saying they didn't understand the game?

Staley, on twitter. Excellent memory!