• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Training Camp '12

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just a small general comment on MY experiences....i've been to two 49er games in Seattle and of course to games in San Francisco.....from my own experience, didn't think the noise in Seattle was much more? i won't argue its a little bit louder than SF, but IMO not much?

they do have more consistency THRU the game, thats for sure. this is why they're likely more successful?

the loudest i've ever heard in ANY stadium was the "we want Carr!" chant. this isn't meant to joke about AS, but really.....IMO Seattle isn't much louder than other stadiums?

Obviously I don't know which two games you were at and when they were, but Qwest Field has been known as one of the top 2 or 3 loudest stadiums in the NFL since game-one, while Candlestick Park has never been known for it's noise level; well, its noise level at the right times anyway - ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Obviously I don't know which two games you were at and when they were, but Qwest Field has been known as one of the top 2 or 3 loudest stadiums in the NFL since game-one, while Candlestick Park has never been known for it's noise level; well, its noise level at the right times anyway - ;)

yeah, i read about their 12th man reputation a long time ago, thats why i was anxious to experience it? its just my own small comment, is all.

but there's no doubt in my mind what the loudest "cheering" i ever heard......"we want Carr!"

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the 49ers fans get a bad reputation because of the design of Candlestick... don't you? That space under the pull out stands has to absorb a ton of the noise generated by fans... where places like Qwest have been specifically designed to focus the noise of the crowd onto the field... just like the new 49ers stadium is designed to amplify the crowd noise.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Q&A with 49ers RB Frank Gore

There were still some typical Gore answers but that may have been the most well spoken interview I've seen/heard/read from him.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
49ers Blog and Q&A: 49ers have tough decisions on the defensive line

Williams, a nose tackle, said Wednesday that he's up to 320 pounds, 10 pounds heavier than he was at this point a year ago. "I just feel better," he said. "I'm actually heavier, but I feel lighter on my feet. My technique feels better, and that's from all the sessions with the strength staff and coach T."

For me Williams might be the most interesting developmental story on the team.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the 49ers fans get a bad reputation because of the design of Candlestick... don't you? That space under the pull out stands has to absorb a ton of the noise generated by fans... where places like Qwest have been specifically designed to focus the noise of the crowd onto the field... just like the new 49ers stadium is designed to amplify the crowd noise.

Umm, I think both have negative reputations but they are not mutually inclusive.

As I recall, going back to the glory days of the '80's & '90's, the fans were never really very loud and as such we acquired the reputation of being wine & cheese fans, snobs if you will.

Fast forward to the '00's and I think we are louder fans but just not very intelligent as far as when to be loud.

As for the stadium - OMG, where do I begin with the stadium? For starters it was never designed to be a multi-use stadium and massive renovations had to take place to basically "squeeze" a football field into Candlestick.

This combined with the wind and the cold have made the Stick and un-favorite place to play for any team home or visitor, football or baseball. (Something that I never forget when thinking about just how great Joe was)

Now, maybe the climate of the Stick (as opposed to the design) does play a role in keeping fans quiet as it is not at all uncommon to see fans bundled up in June for baseball or September for football.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, Qwest Field SHOULD be the one with the bad reputation. But as we learned with the bounties in New Orleans, if you can blindly claim that everyone else does it, it's ok.