• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trading Lincecum?

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now, this is not for or against any trade for Timmeh, just pure speculation.

This article sparked my interest. How much do you think we could get for the dude and would it be worth it? What teams would be in on it? Is there really anything we could get in return of equal value?

Can the Giants Improve by Trading Tim Lincecum? | FanGraphs Baseball

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i just asked this in the boras thread, except for cain.....still got timmy,madison,vogelsong and sanchez and the rangers got some bats and a great farm system you can work from

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you be for trading for a few ML-ready prospects or an established star (Hanley Ramirez, Cano[i wish], Ellsbury?)

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i just asked this in the boras thread, except for cain.....still got timmy,madison,vogelsong and sanchez and the rangers got some bats and a great farm system you can work from

Honestly, Cain is more valuable to this team IMO. Consistently consistent.

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i would guess the rangers would offer a combo of murphy/moreland/gentry/martin / and some prospects

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd trade Cain for Kinsler, Perez, and Martin.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to revise my ask for Cain:

Kinsler, Profar, and Perez.

That is just stupid. Granted you could ask for it and it would be a legit ask for someone of Cain or Linc's ability, but Texas in no way would trade their MLB 2B AND his replacement. A top tier MLB 2B and the #1 and #2 of one of the top minor systems?

You can always ask, but that wouldn't happen. Martin/Kins/Perez maybe. Then Tex could either put Jurickson at 2B or move Elvis over, Martin is a stud but we have a good OF already, and Perez would be replaced by whomever we got in Cain or Linc. Gotta give good to get good. Just Kins and Profar is not doable.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More MLB-ready, bigger upside or both?

Profar is two years from MLB ready. He is only like 18 or 19 I think. He just has a crap ton of upside.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Profar is two years from MLB ready. He is only like 18 or 19 I think. He just has a crap ton of upside.

Thanks for the info. Rep. After I posted that, I read an article saying Profar might be the best SS prospect in baseball. Obviously, internet conjecture is always taken with a grain of salt, but do you think Elvis or Kinsler will be trade bait at 2013's deadline?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is just stupid. Granted you could ask for it and it would be a legit ask for someone of Cain or Linc's ability, but Texas in no way would trade their MLB 2B AND his replacement. A top tier MLB 2B and the #1 and #2 of one of the top minor systems?

You can always ask, but that wouldn't happen. Martin/Kins/Perez maybe. Then Tex could either put Jurickson at 2B or move Elvis over, Martin is a stud but we have a good OF already, and Perez would be replaced by whomever we got in Cain or Linc. Gotta give good to get good. Just Kins and Profar is not doable.

You have to remember the source of these offers is a guy saying he wanted to trade for Cain, but took all the prizes in the Tex org off the table. Then offered an aging, over-paid DH as the center-piece of the deal.

Of course you will get jack-ass offers in return...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think of it this way...

The Giants want to get Andruzs and Feliz from you, but Linc, Cain, Bum, Posey, Belt, Sandoval, Brown, Panic and Hembree are all off the table.

Make us an offer...

You guys need pitching, so lets center it around Zito.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to remember the source of these offers is a guy saying he wanted to trade for Cain, but took all the prizes in the Tex org off the table. Then offered an aging, over-paid DH as the center-piece of the deal.

Of course you will get jack-ass offers in return...

OH yeah I know, that is why I added the give good to get good. I know that you can't trade crap for Cain.

My only point is that Texas wouldn't trade the current allstar caliber guy as well as his replacement. That would create a major hole that a pitcher can't fill. No use creating two holes only to backfill one.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the info. Rep. After I posted that, I read an article saying Profar might be the best SS prospect in baseball. Obviously, internet conjecture is always taken with a grain of salt, but do you think Elvis or Kinsler will be trade bait at 2013's deadline?

That has been discussed, trying to figure out who gets moved to make room. I don't think anyone on the Rangers boards have come up with a good solution. I'm pretty sure that Elvis will continue to bulk up and become a better hitter. He is still stupid young as well. Some have said that Ian will be moved to a new position or traded, and Elvis or Profar will be moved to 2B. Not really sure.

It is a great problem to have, but Profar has to keep getting better. Three years ago we had a ton of prospect catchers that everyone wanted. Salty and Teagarden were both top prospects and both turned out to suck. Then we had a logjam at 1B with Smoak and Davis. Turns out Smoak was traded (and doesn't look to be anything special) and Davis was a K machine and was traded as well. So...two years from now Profar may be a dud and we need Ian and Elvis. So goes the joys of prospects :)